Status: A work in progress for years and years and years ... etc

Headfirst for Halos

Shop Till You Drop

The shops weren't busy really. Okay, I had been bumped into about forty times in the last ten minutes. Yeah, I had nearly been ran over by a pushchair buy some demented looking woman. But the ques in the shops were quite small.

"While we are here, I suppose we can get you an outfit for that wedding." My mothers voice puleed me back to reality.

"What wedding?"

I had no recolection of being told i was invited to a wedding.

"You know, Billie Joe's sister. She's getting married soon. And we are invited. Hence we need to get you an outfit for the party." She explained. "We have been invited for a while now." She said with a frown on her face.

Oh god. Billie Joe. I couldn't. There is no way i could sit in some place with him for a whole night and pretend to enjoy myself.

Another thought jumped into my head.

What if he decides to restart his favourite pastime?

X x

"No. Too frumpy."

I was on my 8th dress. This one had an underskirt that made me look like one of those little ladies that covers over toilet paper.

"We need something a little more sexy." My mother stated as she pulled at the hem of the dress.

"Sexy. Mom?" I was now seriously confused.

"Come on now hun. Your old enough to be showing a little more flesh. You can wear a dess that shows your curves. Your not a little girl anymore."

I wished I was still a little girl. Life was alright then.

"Besides," she started, "you probably won't know too many people there anyway, most of those going are from the groom's side.

I rolled my eyes in reply.

She thrust another dress into my arms.

"Here. Try this on."
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided on the small chapters.