Status: A work in progress for years and years and years ... etc

Headfirst for Halos

Friends?

When I arrived home I immediately took my things upstairs and put them away. Te urge to draw was gone. I put the old markers in the bin and replaced them with my new ones. I sat on my bed and re-read the letter I had received from my friend. I smiled. They seemed so genuine and nice, whoever they were.

"Lets reply." I said to my empty room.

Dear You,

Weird! I love drawing cartoons too. I wish I knew who you were. We have so much in common if you think about it. And your other friend seems to have been cool too, even as a little kid.

Today sucked a little. I went shopping with my motherto buy some new paint markers and she ended up buying me a dress for some wedding she sprung on me at the last minute. So now I have to go to this party with loads of people there I hate, in a dress. How much fun will I have?

Did you feel the sarcasm there?

You probably know I don't do dresses or make-up.

Plus, the biggest, rephrase that, second biggest asshole I know will be there; its his sisters wedding.

Anyway, how about you? Plans for Saturday? I know you will be having much more fun than me, that's for sure.

Replying to your last letter, I think you will be faboulous at your music. I take it you don't like singing? Or are you just shy?
And wow! You write your own songs?
I can't believe you haven't shown tham to anyone, I bet they are brilliant!

Friends? What are they?

Just joking, I do have... aquaintances. But friends, I wouldnt say so much. I knew this boy when I was younger, I loved him so much, but we grew apart, some would say. I was heartbroken. He was my closest and most dearest friend.

And then there was my grandmother. When me and my friend stopped talking she was there for me. She became my only friend. She taught me about art and crafts and she would give praise to my artwork when no one else would.

She was wonderful.

But when I was twelve, she died. And that was when I became Mel, the one with no friends.

Anyway, I am really glad to have a friend. A real one. I just hope that eventually we can be normal friends, not just through letters. Can I get some clues?

Have fun whatever you are doing Saturday!

Love,
Me x


Well. That was a long one.

"Darling! Dinner." My father shouted up the stairs.

I folded up the pieces of paper and placed them in an envelope.

"Coming!"
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback would be lovely x ideas too.