Status: A work in progress for years and years and years ... etc

Headfirst for Halos

Mr Nice-Guy

Still Mel's POV

"Hi."

I heard a whisper from the figure that was sat next to me.

"Hey." I replied.

"YOU! Up the back! Be quiet or you will be sent to the principles office!" The teacher yelled.

Billie Joe sniggered as he looked round at my ever reddening face.

For the rest of the class I never said a word. I never even breathed loudly for fear of drawing attention to myself. Soon enough the class had ended and everyone was filling out.

"Umm......I was wondering if you would show me about the school? If you're allowed obviously, cause I'm new here and I don't even know where the bathroom is." Stuttered Brad from beside me.

"Sure." I smiled in reply, the butterflies doing what seemed like a full scale show in my stomach.

He smiled back at me, making my knees shudder. Maybe this guy would be different.

I was brought back to reality from my thoughts when I heard a sneer in my ear.
"Ohhhh SOMEONE has a crush!"

I had reached my locker and was left alone for a moment while Brad had gone in search of his own locker. I wasn't lucky enough to have his next to mine.

Instead I had Billie Joe. How....un-wonderful. Hell actually. Just another chance for him to catch me alone.

"Ahhh the two prep-wannabes are in love!" He sung in his sweet voice. The voice that made me sick to the stomach.

I kept silent. If I spoke up he would only make sure I regretted it.

Now he had more amunition. Brad. With everything good there must come something bad, right?

"I'll be seeing YOU later." He hissed in my ear once more. How I loathed those words.

Brad came walking over, his bag looking heavier than before.

"Shall we?" He asked, holding out an arm.

"Sure." I replied, wrapping my hand around his forearm. Wow. He had muscles.

"So, why did you move to this place?" I asked, making conversation.

"Uhh...my father got a new job in the area. A better job. So we moved." He replied almost coldly.

"Oh. Cool. I hate it here. Well I don't hate it, I just can't wait to finish school." I said.

We soon reached our classes and said our goodbyes. Once again he smiled at me. His perfect smile. At me. The nothing. I swear he could be one of those football players. One of the 'jocks'. The kind that all the girls lust after. But he wasn't. He seemed to be a nothing, like me.

Soon enough the day was over and I was stood at my locker. I had only seen Brad a few times during the day. Thankfully, Billie seemed to be nowhere near him.

"Hey!" Someone called from beside me.

I kept facing the locker for fear of it being Billie Joe.

"Not talking to me now?" Asked Brad, putting his hand on my arm.

"Oh shit, sorry, I didn't think someone was calling on me." I replied.

"So ya wanna walk home with me?" He asked.

"Uh...I kinda gotta meet a friend." I lied. Billie Joe was far from a friend. Still, I'd better meet him because otherwise I was dead. Most probably literally.

"I gotta run!" I said to him quickly. I grabbed my bag and closed my locker.

Time to face the music-maker.