Status: A work in progress for years and years and years ... etc

Headfirst for Halos

Those Three Words

I left the hallway, heading for the main doors when I heard running footsteps behind me.

"Your gonna walk home with me. And you will do as I say. Got it?" Brad hissed into my ear.

I was confused for a few seconds, till I realized. I recognized the tone which he spoke in. It was the same tone Billie Joe spoke to me in everyday.

I nodded silently. Tears threatening to flow. It was happening again. What was i? A punch bag? Did I have something stuck on my back? A tattoo invisible to me on my forehead? Something reading, beat the shit outta me, I won't do anything about it?

Brad began leading me down the steps and in the opposite direction to where I was meant to be going. His grip tightened on my waist as we walked past a few punks.

He hadn't moved for his Dads job. He wasn't a nothing. He WAS a jock. A smart one.
I had been too stupid to see it. He never saw anything in me. Except a free punch bag. A free ride.

"I'm your boyfriend, understood?" he never waited for an answer." Good, now we got that clear, kiss me."

His words rung in my ear. God this couldn't be happening. His head dipped to mine and both his hands now wondered freely. I felt sick. This wasn't meant to happen this way. His lips met mines roughly. He sat us down on an unoccupied bench. Drunken bums whistled and cheered.
Brad broke away for a second.

"Kiss me like you mean it. Don't you love your boyfriend?" he hissed.

I kept silent. It always worked with Billie. Prevented me receiving further abuse.

"I asked you a question goddamn it. Answer me. Do you love me?" his hands griped my waist fiercely.

"Yes." I whispered, my vocal chords giving up on me.

"Say it."

"I love you." I managed to croak out.

My stomach flipped over. Those three words. Three words that are meant to bring happiness and joy into two people's life had began to destroy mine. Used to protect myself. I wanted to scream and shout, but I was motionless. Fear had rooted me to the spot.

"Good." he replied.

He stood up taking me with him.

I knew it. Everything in my life seems to turn to pure and utter shit whenever I touch it. I have no friends. Thats mostly because of Billie Joe. I had another problem in my life now.

One that seemed more dangerous than pure and simple bullying.

My heart was pounding in my chest. The blood made a rushing sound in my ears. How was I going to get out of this mess? I was helpless. Alone. And who could I tell?

No one.