Welcome To Wonderland

Chapter One

This is bullshit. I thought as I sat on the hard wicker chair in the middle of my mother’s garden, surrounded by people I didn’t know, nor care to know. I sighed, glaring down at the cup of tea my mother forced me to take; I’m more of a coffee man, tea does nothing for me really.

“Frank, dear, come say hello to Mr. Way and his sons, Gerard and Michael.” my mother demanded sweetly. I set my tea cup down on a small garden table. I was not in the mood for ‘Mr. Way’ or his sons. I sighed and walked to my mother and the Ways.

“Um, I prefer to be called ‘Mikey”.” the freakishly tall kid said shyly. My mother laughed that fake laugh she did so often.

“All right, dear. Frank meet Mr. Way and his sons, Gerard and Mikey.” she repeated adding the change to the kids name.

In reality I couldn’t give a flying fuck about these people, but I slapped on a fake smile and shook their hands.

“How are you three today? Can I get you anything?” I asked politely.

“No, thank you, we’re fine.” Mister Way answered, just before Gerard could speak.

“All right then. Gerard, Mikey, would you like to join me over by the weeping willow with the others our age?” I asked.

“Uh, sure, yeah, okay.” Gerard said, running a nervous hand through his hair. The freak sure did stumble over his words.

I laughed inwardly, what a fucking dork. I thought.

“This way.” I guided them to the tree.

Bob, a blonde practically mute freak, was leaning against the tree, and Ray, the only one I would ever hang out with outside of my mothers garden parties was mostly talking to himself since Bob wouldn’t say more then two words in the span of two hours.

I sat down closest to Ray, not wanting to be near Gerard, the black haired goth dork, Bob, or the tall glasses wearing freak of nature, Mikey.

“Hey, what’s your names?” Ray being the sweet guy that he is asked, actually interested in getting to know the freak shows.

“I’m Gerard and this is my baby brother Mikey.” he said gesturing towards his brother who was ripping apart a flower.

Ray smiled, “I’m Raymond, but don’t call me that.”

“What should I call you then?” Gerard asked

“Ray’s fine.” Ray answered, “Oh, and this is Bob.” Ray pointed at Bob, who was staring off into the distance “He don’t talk much.”

Gerard nodded signaling that he understood.

---

It had been nearly two hours and Ray and Gerard had not stopped talking since we sat down. I was getting tired of their ramblings. While Mikey and Bob seemed to get along, sitting together in utter silence.

“Hey, Gerard. Lets go skip rocks at the river.” Ray suggested excitedly.

I internally grimaced, What a shitty idea. I thought to myself.

“Okay.” he agreed with a huge smile upon his face.

Ray and Gerard stood up, preparing to go to the river.

“Um, wait, I’ll come too.” Mikey said, standing up as well.

Bob got up, apparently deciding to go with them. I sighed, I didn’t want to be left behind so I got up too.

We all walked to the river bank that resided not too far from my home. Ray and Gerard immediately scooped up a handful of pebbles and began skipping them while Mikey and Bob watched contently.

I stared at the water, the reflections from the trees and flowers were quite beautiful.

I was in a daze watching the pretty colors when Bob tugged the end of my sleeve jerking me back into reality.

“What?” I asked, annoyed.

He pointed to the other side of the river bank. My eyes followed his finger, “Oh, Bob, It’s just a rabbit with a waistcoat-- and a watch.” I said in shock. The other boys stopped what they where doing and looked at the rabbit who was hopping and whistling down the other side of the river bank.

“Oh my deary whiskers! I’m late, I’m late, I’m late!” the rabbit exclaimed, hopping faster.

“Holy shit!” Ray’s eyes bulged out.

“What could a rabbit possibly be late for?” Gerard asked, oddly calm.

“Please, sir!” Gerard called after it, he used the large stones in the water to cross the river bank, “Wait!’

“I’m late, I’m late for a very important date. No time to say “Hello.” Goodbye! I’m late, I’m late, I’m late!” the rabbit sung.

Gerard, Ray and the others chased after it. “I don’t think this is such a good idea, guys!” I said, running after them.

“It must be awfully important, like a party or something.” Gerard said.

“Yeah, ‘cause all rabbits have parties. That makes a shit load of sense,” I mumbled under my breath as I trailed after them .

“Mr. Rabbit, wait!” Gerard yelled.

“No, no, no, no, no, no, no. I’m overdue. I’m really in a stew. No time to say “Goodbye.” Hello! I’m late, I’m late, I’m late!” the rabbit sung, hopping into a rabbit hole.

That rabbit can rhyme better then I can. I thought.

We stopped at the rabbit hole and Gerard dropped down onto his knees, “What a weird place to have a party.” he said, looking in.

I rolled my eyes. This dude was freakier then I thought.

Gerard began crawling into the rabbit hole, “Come on, guys.” He called behind him.

Ray and the others went after him

“I know I’m going to regret this, I just know it.” I said to myself, following after them.

“Guys lets hold hands just in case something happens.” Ray said, grabbing onto my hand and Bob’s while Bob held onto to Ray and Mikey’s and Mikey’s onto Bob’s and Gerard’s.

“It’s really dark in here.” Mikey said.

No shit. I thought.

“Hey guys I think I see something.” Gerard said, right before he fell causing us to fall with him. We all screamed and I damned Gerard and his curiosity to hell.

We all stopped falling and instead started floating down the rabbit hole.

“Hey, this is kinda fun.” Ray said,

Gerard and the rest nodding in agreement.

“No, it’s not! Guys, come on! Do you ever know where this leads to?! And how the fuck do we get back, huh?!” I yelled.

And as if I never even spoke Gerard turned on a lamp that was floating on a small table beside him.

“Hey that’s better, now it’s not so dark.” He said as it illuminated everything. There where pictures and mirrors and tables topped with books floating around us.

Mikey picked up a book, “Hey this is my favorite!” he said.

I glared at him, making an oath with myself to kill him when we get home.

Ray floated onto a rocking chair, “Hey, this isn’t so bad.” he said, rocking back. Once the chair rocked forth he fell out of it.

We laughed. Our laughter making us turn upside down.

Then we stopped abruptly, our feet stuck on a curtain rod.

“Hey there he is!” Gerard exclaimed, pointing at the rabbit who was upside down. Well, at least that’s how it looked to us. The rabbit ran around a corner and we placed our hands on the ground and dislodged our feet, making us fall; everyone landing on me. We all stood up, dusting off our clothes.
“Where are we?” I asked no one in particular. We were in what looked like a fancy hall way.

A folded piece of paper landed on the ground before us.

We all looked at it.

“Gerard, pick it up.” I ordered.

He did as I said, he picked it up then unfolded it.

“What does it say Gee?” Mikey asked.

Gerard looked at us then back at the paper,

“It says…: ‘Welcome to wonderland.’”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, here it is. I hope it turned out good, and I hope you all like it.

And I know it's kinda long...sorry about that.

Oh, I'll be updating Beyond Belief sometime soon :]