The Sound of a Million Dreams and Scars

Chapter 4

Image

When I picked her up at 6.45 pm she was ready. I couldn’t wait to 7 pm it’s seemed too long for me. I was really excited about this date. I would call it a date. It was definitely a date. I knocked on the door and she answered it.

“Hey. You’re early” She said and smiled.

“I know. I just couldn’t wait.” I said and she took her purse and walked with me. I was taking her to a restaurant outside the center of London. A more quiet place.

“Uh, nice car you have, Jackson?” She said when she saw my car. It wasn’t really mine. I had rented it.

“It’s rented. I live in America, I’m just staying here for a while and it would be nice, to have a ride.”

“Oh” She said and paused. I didn’t know if I had disappointed her, but she wasn’t from London anyway. Maybe she thought America was too far away and this date would be time-wasting. “I have always wanted to go to America. It’s just so far away, but maybe I will go there someday.” Her lips curled into a smile. We small talked until we came to the restaurant. I parked and we both got out. That was when I realized how beautiful she looked. Her hair hang loose, but it was curled. She had a dark pink lipstick on and had smoky eyes. She was wearing a tight black dress and high heels . She looked absolutely stunning. What I didn’t really knew and hadn’t expected was, that she had a lot of tattoos. I didn’t really matter, because I liked tattoos and I wasn’t really going to judges her, because of that. Of what I knew, she was really nice. I hadn’t seen any of her tattoos earlier, because she had been wearing a hoodie. The only expression I got of her now, that I hadn’t gotten earlier, was that she wasn’t one of those girls who wear too much makeup.

“Hello. I ordered a table?” I said to the receptionist, when we got inside.

“What’s your name?” She asked and looked at us.

“Jackson Rathbone” I said quick. She showed us to our table. It wasn’t a really fancy restaurant. Is was a more calm one, where you can speak whatever is on your mind, because no one would be listening. We sat down and got our menus.

“Oh my god, this is really hard to choose. I mean, there is so much I want to have. I want to try the fish soup and the entrecote, and the roast veal, and I could go on.” She said and looked at a waitress walking by with a plate of roast veal. “That looked so good.” She said and followed the waitress with her eyes. “Oh my god.” I thought she was speaking much because she might be nervous. She didn’t let me say a word. “I think I’ll take the roast veal with a pommes fondant and bordelaise.”

“I think I’ll have the entrecote, then we can see who has got the best.” I said to her and smiled. I had a lot of questions to ask her, but I didn’t really know when to ask. I wasn’t that good on the whole first date deal.

“So why are you in London?” She asked me, before I could ask her a question.

“Well, I’m here to audition for a movie called Twilight” I told her. I didn’t want to lie to her from the very start. She didn’t know I was an actor, then she would have acted different, besides no one really knew.

“Oh, that’s really cool. Is it a big movie or something. I haven’t really heard about it. I never hear about anything in Finland.” She flashed a smile.

“Yea, it’s set to get big.” I said.

“Do you think you will get the part?”

“It’s too optimistic to say, I do.” I told her. “What do you do for a living?” She looked at me and thought a little before she answered, like she didn’t really know what to answer.

“I have been working a bit freelance the last year. I have a brother who has a TV-show, that reminds a bit of jackass, and I have been traveling with them and taking photo shoots of them, and then I have been working at a tattoo shop. Mostly I take photos. I have been hired for festivals and concerts and then in my spare time, I have a band and we play at small clubs around Finland.” She paused. “Well, this is not because I want to sound rude or anything, I’ve just been wondering about your age all day. It’s one of those question you always want to avoid, but you have to know.” She giggled a little. I was glad she asked, because I had been thinking about the same. I just didn’t know which way to put it.

“I’m 23 and you?” I asked. It didn’t seem difficult for me to ask her now.

“I’m 20.” She said and smiled. “It’s just that, sometimes the skin lies. You could have been 17 and you could have been 28. I won’t say that age doesn’t matter, because it actually do to me.”

“Well, I know what you mean. It’s not like I would date any on 35.” I told her and smiled. She was really sweet and I like the fact she just spoke what she had in mind. She didn’t really seem to care, if we didn’t have the same opinions, and she didn’t seem to judge either. She was down to earth and different from girls I had been out with. Maybe it was because she was new and different to me, but I felt like we could really make it work for a long time. When we had eaten I drove her back to where she stayed. We sat in the car in silence, when she spoke.

“I’ve had a really lovely time today.” She spoke and looked me in the eye, while flashing her gorgeous smile. I smiled back to her.

“Me too. I was hoping we could get together again?” I asked her.

“Definitely!”.

END OF FLASHBACK
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it.
And wooo. I have got one comment :D
It might seem a bit boring, but it will get ´more interesting I promise.

The picture of the girl in the dress Sinikka is wearing is almost how she looks. I picture her with the tattoos and the hair. Maybe the face a bit different, but she looks a bit like that.
Image

Tea xxx