This Heart, It Beats, Beats for Only You

Chapter Fourteen

I stepped inside the door and shut it slowly behind me. I took a few deep breaths before saying anything. I felt like I was gonna puke, and as I made my way towards my dad, I noticed my legs were shaking. I don't think I had ever been more nervous in my entire life. I stopped in front of my dad with Austin right beside me.
"Dad, this is Austin. Austin, this is my dad Darrell."
Austin stuck out his hand. "Nice to officially meet you Mr.Mitchell." My dad grabbed his hand and gave it a firm shake. I noticed that when my dad turned around, Austin rubbed his hand. He looked like he was in pain.
"Well, follow me into the kitchen and we'll talk." I began to follow them, but my dad stopped me. "Not you."
"But I-."
"Stay here."
"Fine." I sighed. My mom came bounding down the stairs then. "Mom, what is Dad doing?"
"What are you talking about?"
"He took Austin into the kitchen and wouldn't let me join."
"Yes. And?"
"Mom, this is Dad we're talking about. There are sharp things in the kitchen. Sharp things that pierce skin."
My mom laughed. Yes, laughed. "Honey, your dad just wants to talk to him alone. It'll be ok."
"Fine. But if he doesn't come out in an hour, I'm calling the police."

Austin's P.O.V.

I sat there quietly, not sure what to do or say. Darrell stared at me for what seemed 20 minutes, even though it had only been like 2. Taylor's mom walked in and sat by Darrell. She smiled at me which made me feel better, until I looked at Darrell's piercing eyes. He was really scary.
"Young man, this is my wife, Rachel. Rachel, this is Austin."
"Nice to meet you, sort of." I laughed. She stuck her hand out and, unlike Darrell, gave my hand a soft squeeze. Darrell's squeeze was like he was trying to break my fingers, which seemed likely by the way he stared at me.
"So, Austin, how old are you?" Darrell asked me.
"Uh...21."
"Well...21. So, I'm sure you've dated plenty of women by now."
"Well, sir, I wouldn't say plenty, but I have dated...some." I cleared my throat to try and keep it from shaking.
"Then I'm sure you're familiar with the number one rule when dating a girl who has a father."
"No, sir. I'm not."
"Don't break her heart unless you wanna pay the consequences." The look he gave me should have caused me to pee on myself.
"I would never."
"Good. Then we're on the same page." I nodded. "So, you made my daughter sneak out, didn't you?" I had no idea what to say then. "Well?"
"Um...I mentioned it to her. But I didn't know if she would or not."
"Austin, I'm gonna ask you something, and I want the truth."
"Yes sir."
"Do you love my daughter?"
"Absolutely."
"If you could change telling her to sneak out, would you?" I wasn't sure if this was a trick question, but I answered it truthfully.
"No. I wouldn't. I had to see her that night."
"Ya know, I like you."
"Really? You do?"
"Yes I do."
"Why?"
"Because I was just like you. That's a compliment." He smiled at me finally, and I felt so much better.

Taylor's P.O.V.

Austin finally walked out of the kitchen just as I was about to call the police. I looked him over, just to make sure he was ok. He seemed to be in one piece, and he was smiling. Maybe my dad didn't kill him, but he may have gave him drugs.
"So, how'd it go? Am I never allowed to see you again? Did he hurt you? What happened?"
"I'll tell you, if you calm down." I took a few deep breaths.
"Ok. I'm good."
"It was really scary at first, but then it turned out to be ok. Your dad is actually really cool."
"My dad? Darrell? Are you sure?"
"Yes. I'm positive. He threatened me at first, then told me he was just like me at 21, then we just talked like two civilized people. It was great."
"Thank you, Lord!" I exclaimed and fell into Austin. He squeezed me tight.
"I have to go now. I have to leave early in the morning." I was instantly saddened at his words.
"Alright. Call me when you leave?"
"Of course." He smiled and gave me a kiss. Then he left. I stood there for a moment alone until my mom and dad joined me.
"I never thought I'd say this, but I like him." My dad said. I turned around and gave him a hug. "What's the hug for?"
"Not killing him." My mom and dad laughed. It was a good moment. No...great.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay!
new chapter!
i really like this chapter.
prolly my favorite.
:)))
comments are good...
no great!
thank u!

p.s.-Merry Christmas!!!
Remember to keep Christ in Christmas!