The Hardest Part of Today is a Hangover.

I Still Saw My Death Behind Her Smile.

It really couldn’t have been more awkward.

We were just standing there, locked in my bedroom, not speaking. And it was one of those not speaking instances where you wanted someone to either leave or just say something and get it over with.

Well, he decided to do that.

“So…uh…” he mumbled, rubbing his hands together and sitting down on his bed.

I sat down on Curtis’ bed, sighing. I had though about what I’d say to him the entire way over here, but the second Christian knocked on the door my brain went blank. I couldn’t help it; I was so fucking nervous.

“So…?” I muttered, raising my eyebrows.

“Don’t give me that look. You’re the one that came here,” he muttered.

I sighed. “Actually, Christian came here. I was just drug along.”

Lies! All lies! my brain shouted at me.

“Don’t lie,” he mumbled to me, looking down at the floor.

I took a deep breath, finally tired of myself. He knew it, they knew it, I knew it. I was tired of this lifestyle. I was tired of not having him there next to me and…I was tired of breaking promises. This wasn’t for me.

“Oli, I-”

Oliver Sykes get out here this instant!” a girl’s voice shouted from the living room, where Tom and Christian were.

Oli’s eyes widened and shot over to the door. “Oh shit,” he gasped nervously. “Fuck, fuck, fuck,” he continued, standing up and walking over to the door.

“What?” I laughed, completely forgetting I was about to confess my heart to him…again.

“You don’t even want to know,” he mumbled, walking out of the room.

I had a feeling I was about to find out anyways.

[-Oli-]

“Why didn’t you tell me he was coming here?” Christie whispered harshly, pointing towards the hotel room door.

I looked at the door. “I’m…sorry? I can take the door down if you want, but I-”

“Oliver!” she shouted, then started pacing.

I cracked a smile. “Sorry, sorry.” Holding my hands up in defense wouldn’t save me from her wrath any, but I gave it a try anyways. “I wasn’t thinking. I don’t know… I just had a bad run-in with Anna the other day and called him. I needed some moral support and he makes me feel the best. He is, after all, my brother, Christie.”

She stopped pacing and groaned. “I know he’s your brother, Oli, but he’s also my ex-boyfriend and I’d much rather escape his presence than be in it, thank you.”

I just laughed.

“That’s not funny, Oli,” she scowled, but then her face brightened. “Wait—that was Anna in there! What happened?” Her voice got shrilly and girly and, truthfully, I got the urge to shove cotton balls down her throat.

I leaned against the doorframe and shoved my hands in my pockets. “Nothing happened, Christie. You want to know why? Hmm?” I rubbed at my face anxiously, then looked at the waiting Christie. “Because you decided to throw a tantrum!”

Christie’s eyes got wide. “Oh! I’m so sor-”

“Oli, come on!” Anna shouted, grabbing my shirt.

I was so startled I was nearly knocked off my feet, but I watched as Christie faded into the distance and Christian pulled her into the room.

“Wha- What?” I stuttered out finally, giving Anna a nervous look.

“Erin just went into labor,” she explained as we raced down the steps.

It took me a second to think why that was such a bad thing and why we were rushing. I had to count. And, when I was done counting, I took a deep breath. That’s a month early.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Thanks For Coming - Hopes Die Last

I'm back, but don't trust me.
I might change my mind.