The Hardest Part of Today is a Hangover.

The Softest Words Can Heal the Deepest Wounds.

Oli and I had decided to deal with the pregnancy talk after his parents skinned me alive at dinner the next evening. It was a mutual decision that getting the stress of meeting his parents out of the way would make the talk so, so much easier on the both of us.

“So,” I muttered, fumbling with my hands in my lap, “They’re in there.”

Oli rolled his eyes. “Nice observation, Anna.”

I sent him a look—a look that said ‘Don’t test me, Sykes. You knocked me up; I’m allowed to bash your face in.’ and he heeded my warning. He backed up off of the subject of the obliviousness and bit at his lip ring.

Sighing, he snatched one of my hands from the other. “Anna, they will love you, okay? I am absolutely sure of it.”

I snorted. “Yeah, okay. Wha-”

Oli was out of the door before I could even start my sentence. He quickly popped my door open with a smile on his face.

“C’mon, love. Just give it a shot,” he cooed, making me smile.

He had such a way withwords making his face look so adorable I can’t protest.

“Okay, but no baby talk, got it?” I muttered.

“Oka-“

“Baby talk? Who’s having a baby?” Tom interrupted from the other side of the car, a smile on his face and an arm around his girl. “I thought Erin already had her baby,” he muttered, “Or is that just some child the lot of you stole from the hospital?”

I rolled my eyes. “Nobody’s having a baby, Tom—at least, not yet anyways.”

Christie shot me a look. I knew that look. She knew. Oh, she knew.

Anyways,” I sighed exasperatedly, “Let’s get this funeral over with.”

“Funeral?” Tom laughed. “You don’t think our parents hate you, do you?” The look on his face said it all—they didn’t hate me.

Yet.

Oli cut me off, though. The arseface cut me off.

“Yeah, she does. Isn’t it absolutely ridiculous? Our parents don’t hate anybody, am I right? Hell, they like me, they should like you, Anna—oh! There they are!” Oli shouted.

I snapped my head up so fast I could’ve sworn I heard my neck break.

Or maybe that was just what I was hoping for.

I tried not to look like I had a mental disability as I walked to the table with the others, but my stomach was quenching from being nauseous all the time, my lip had a nervous tick, and my everything started sweating like my glands were suddenly overflowing.

I probably looked a wreck.

"Hey mum!" Oli cheered, letting go of my hand, wiping off the perspiration on my arm, then going for a nice, tight squeeze from his mom.

I just stood there, watching Christie reacquaint with the people she had met a few times before, envying her confidence around them. I wanted to jaunt up to them and tell them that my name was Anna and that their son was my bitch in the bedroom, but my butterflies were fluttering and my hormones were kicking. I felt like a balloon that had been filled to it's limit. I was about to burst with emotion.

Maybe this whole waiting thing isn't such a good idea after all.

"Oh, and this must be Anna," Oli's mom said happily, a smile on her face, while I know she was thinking I want to kill her, I want to kill her, I want to kill her! "Why, dear, aren't you absolutely radiant! You must tell me what make-up you use!"

I laughed, squeaked out, "Hi Mrs. Sykes," shook her hand and thought: It's called I'm Knocked Up. You should try it—oh, wait. You did. Twice.

My phony smile was probably obvious. I wasn't the least bit happy to meet them, but it seemed like they were quite exuberant on meeting me. They just talked me to death, told me to call them by their real names and asked if I wanted any champagne.

Oli and Christie looked at me, alarmed.

"No thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Sykes. Drinking's a bad habit," I laughed. You're so fake sometimes, Anna. Jesus, I thought to myself, sighing and looking down at my dress-clad lap. "Actually," I started, almost startling myself, "Please excuse me. I need to use the rest room."

Christie popped up. "Me too! We'll be right back," she laughed, smiling at the table full of people in front of us. assuring them as if we were going to squeeze through the bathroom window and leave.

Now that I think about it-

"I can't believe you're pregnant!" Christie shouted as soon as we walked through the bathroom door. "This is going to be so amazing! A baby Oli and Anna! Oh, gosh. What do you think it is? Have yo-"

"Christie!" I hissed, shutting her up. "Would you chill the fuck out? I just told Oli yesterday—nobody knows but the two of you."

She arched her eyebrow and smiled widely.

"Really? I know something before Erin, Caity and Christian? I feel so special," she laughed, reapplying her eyeshadow in the mirror.

"Yeah, yeah," I laughed, yawning. "I'm tired as shit. Can we please just get this whole parent thing over with already?" I asked, yanking at Christie's arm.

She laughed. "Yeah. Let's go," she beamed, clasping her purse shut and lacing her arm around mine.

I sighed and stepped through the bathroom door, ready to face my fears.

And, you know what? They did love me after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
"The first time I saw a body bend that way I realized that we're more beautiful dead than alive."
credit!

boys night out has been my latest obsession, by the way.
a constant boom of my speakers.
listen to them.

and i'm continuing the story.
i love you guys too much to leave you hanging.
<3