The Hardest Part of Today is a Hangover.

The Sunset Will Never Charm Us.

We didn’t talk about it—in fact, I didn’t even think about it.
I was so scared that this meant settling down and starting my own family that, for a week, I pretended like it never happened, though every time I looked down I was reminded that, yes, I was in a predicament. I was in a large predicament. One that I couldn’t just move away from this time—one I couldn’t leave.
Well, I could, but I would never do that.
Ever.

“Pull in here,” I ordered, pointing towards the front entrance, “and wait until I get back with her, okay?”

Oli nodded and smiled, “Okay, love.”

When the car finally eased to a halt I pulled myself up out of the car and walked to the front entrance of the airport. The doors were revolving, and people were racing out of them before they got snatched at the last second. I smiled to myself, waltzing slowly through the circling doors, taking my sweet old time as the lady behind me swore that her suitcase was going to get tugged away if I didn’t hurry.

I spotted her standing there, her wool skirt flowing to her ankles and her slowly graying hair pulled up into a messy bun, flyaways framing her face.
Her luggage was hand-woven tweed green bags, and her shoes were, well, barely there.

But that’s my mom for you.

“Mom!” I shouted out, and she looked right my way, her face lighting up in a smile.

“Oh, Anna!”

She ran towards me, pulling her luggage behind her, and wrapped my neck in a tight hug. She squeezed and squeezed to the point where I thought she was never going to let go, until she said, “Anna, I missed you so much, baby girl,” and then she let me go, took a look at me, and smiled.

“We need to get going, Mom. Oli’s waiting for us in the car,” I muttered, a half smile on my face.

She nodded, adjusting her bag on her shoulder. “Onward!” she announced, charging for the revolving doors, giggling like a little kid. She pulled me over with a smile on her face and laughed, “I love these doors!”

Now everyone will understand where I get it from.
♠ ♠ ♠
i wasn't very motivated to write this.
i got, what, four or five comments?
there's 200+ of you!

you don't have to comment, but it's nice to hear from all of you.
i love to talk, and it kills me that you guys don't.