The Hardest Part of Today is a Hangover.

Heart Means Everything.

I adjusted my sunglasses on my nose and sighed, sipping from my coffee.

This morning had been pretty uneventful…besides the fact that I woke up next to somebody I didn’t even remember. But I did remember Oliver. I remembered every second of that incident.

I had been having a battle inside my head all morning whether I wanted to talk to him or not. Part of me wanted to quit this whole charade and run back screaming and crying, but the other part of me wanted me to stop being such a girl and suck it up. I couldn’t say the rest of me disagreed with that - I needed to stop being so needy.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I groaned, pulling it out and flipping it open. I didn’t even think to look at who was calling me.

“Yeah?” I mumbled, continuing to sip from my coffee.

“Now is that a way to talk to your mother that you haven’t talked to in forever? Seriously, Anna, when was the last time you called me?” my mom spat into the phone anxiously awaiting my answer.

I stopped dead in my tracks, my eyes going wide. Two or three people bumped into my back, but I didn’t budge.

I had forgotten about my mom.

“M-Mom?” I mumbled quietly.

I could hear her laugh on the other side of the phone. “Oh, come on, Anna! I refuse to believe that you already forgot about me, kid. Really? Have you been that busy?”

I groaned. “Mom, I-”

“I know. Your father called me and told me. The asshole,” she mumbled.

I laughed. “But Mom, I-”

“I know, Anna, but it’s not your fault. What happened is in the past…that’s not your fault, okay? You can’t let your father get to you just because he’s an asshole.”

The feelings of what she was saying was rising in my throat and I knew that if I didn’t tell her I’d call her back tomorrow I’d end up breaking down right in the middle of the sidewalk…and I definitely didn’t want that.

“Mom, can I…can I call you back tomorrow?” I mumbled, biting at my lip nervously.

She sighed. “Okay, sweetie. I love you.”

“Love you too, Mom. Bye,” I mumbled, hanging up quickly.

I couldn’t understand why I was getting so choked up, but I felt like I was going to vomit…or…something. I wasn’t too sure what I felt.

Maybe it was the heat? Nah, I felt fine before.

Sighing, I straightened up, fixed my sunglasses on my nose again, and shoved my phone into my pocket. I walked smoothly down the sidewalk towards work, though my shift didn’t start for two and a half house, and tried to erase everything that had just happened in the past two minutes and forty-three seconds.

[--]

I was ten minutes into my shift and already wasted. Some local band was playing a few feet from my place at the bar and my head was pounding. I felt like I was going to puke and I just couldn’t understand why my life had to be such a shit hole all of the time.

Maybe you make it that way, I muttered inside my head, handing one of my regulars a drink and giving him a distant smile, then moving on to another person.

Fridays were always like this, which kind of made me happy. It gave me a change to get my mind off of things, but today…today it was failing at its’ job.

Failure.

[--]

“Bye,” I slurred, “I’ll see you later!”

“Bye, Anna! See you tomorrow!” Scottie yelled from behind the counter, waving a rag around the air as I disappeared through the door and started walking down the street.

Two seconds later it started pouring. I groaned and pulled up my hood, shoving my hands into my hoodie pocket and stomping down the sidewalk.

Damn me to hell for wrecking the truck, I thought to myself, grumbling.

Then I was on my face.

I didn’t really remember it happening, considering the alcohol was making my mind slightly foggy, but I do remember my face smacking against wet cement like a brick to a slab of concrete.

I decided to just lay there in the rain and soak up all of the sorrows.

Sad, right?

Well, what’s even worse is somebody lifted me up. I could feel them sigh against my body as they carried me and set me inside a car.

For all I know this guy could be a rapist, but when my vision settled into place I knew it was Oli. I was inside his muscle car on the way to his room where he was going to let me sleep in his nice, warm bed until the morning, where I’d wake up, bitch at him, and leave…pretty predictable, right?

Fuck my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Colder Than My Heart If You Can Imagine by A Day to Remember.

Go read this and if you comment and subscribe I'll update faster, kids.
That girl is the love of my life. Hahah.
<3 YOOH, LACE.