Sunshine in my Heart

California

Mishti dumped her travel bag on the floor of the bedroom and looked around in total amazement. Wide eyed, she turned to her best friend, Emily Gims. “This is my room?” she squeaked out.

Emily grinned. “It sure is. My mom hired someone to paint it exactly how you wanted it. The room wasn’t being used, so when I told my mom you were coming she went all out and had it painted.”

Jumping onto Emily she gave her the biggest hug she could muster out of her lean body. Emily laughed at her eagerness and hugged her back. Mishti stepped back and surveyed the room. The walls were painted fully black with splatters of rainbow paint everywhere. The bedspread of the full size bed was covered with bright comforters to contrast the walls. A small couch was set up against one of the walls while another was lined with a dresser and drawers.

“I have no idea what to say,” Mishti said finally. She turned to look at her best friend. “Thanks so much everything. You have no idea what this means to me.”

Emily shrugged it off. “Don’t even worry about it. I’m just so glad you’re here to stay for the summer. I’ve missed you so much!” This time the two girls hugged each other tightly for a few minutes finally welcoming the fact they were able to see each other again.

The two girls had grown up with each other ever since they were toddlers. Mishti had moved to her current house in a prestigious neighborhood when she was three. Their neighbors, Emily’s family, had come over to welcome her own family into the neighborhood. Every since Emily had tugged Mishti’s favorite doll out of hands and begged her mother to buy the same exact one they had become best friends.

They had grown up together going through puberty, boys, and most of all strengthening their own friendship. Sure they had their fights, but it usually resolved within a phone call and over a huge box of chocolates they both spent their entire allowance on. To each other, Mishti and Emily were like sisters. Both of had their own set of older brothers which they hated and loved at the same time.

Looking at them, one would not see how they were best friends. But if seen together, someone could tell the bond that was between them. Emily’s long chestnut hair reached the middle of her back which popped out her bright blue eyes. Her looks contrasted Mishti’s very much. Her heritage was Southern India making her stand out anywhere she went. Her naturally tan skin, thin long legs, and skinny body would make any girl jealous. Like Emily, Mishti had long black hair that reached about halfway down her back. Her side swept bangs framed her clear face. Usually wearing makeup, Mishti’s dark eyes would mesmerize anyone.

Both their personalities were very different. Mishti was a normal teenager that partied, studied and loved her family and friends. Emily on the other hand, was an aspiring actress since day one. She had landed a commercial when she was a mere one year old child. From then on, Emily had participated in school plays and major productions that took place in the city. Her big break came a few months ago when her mother took her to a Disney cast audition. Emily hadn’t even known if she would have made it through but to her surprise she had scored a role on JONAS.

Mishti had always been there for Emily when the rejections came, and when the news of a role came to her. She was the least to say, ecstatic when Emily told her she was going to be Disney. After all the years of acting classes, at the age of 15, it finally paid off.

But the happiness didn’t stand for too long. The dreadful packing for California disheartened them both. Emily had been called out to California earlier than excepted for some promotions Disney wanted her to do. The day Emily had to leave for California resulted in numerous sheds of tears and hopeful promises. Both Mishti and Emily stayed in touch the entire winter and spring before Emily sprung up the idea of Mishti spending the entire summer with Emily. With intense persuading to both sets of parents, plans were made for Mishti to fly out the day school let out for the summer.

Mishti also had one more reason to why she was so excited to live in California for the summer. It had to be that she would be able to meet her all time favorite band in the entire world. Jonas Brothers. She had been a fan ever since she noticed the silly looking boys on the red CD cover in the music section of Wal-Mart as she was wandering around aimlessly. The second the sweet voices filled the air of her room, she had fallen in love.

She had jumped up and down when Emily had slyly told her who she would be working with. Her excited voice had raised a few decibels which had been shushed down by her mother. Mishti wasn’t the type of fan who would go “Oh my gosh. They’re so hot.” Sure, she realized they were all pretty good looking. Hell, her celebrity crush was Nick Jonas. Her walls were also covered in top to bottom with posters. But, she also appreciated their music. How much time and effort and soul they put into every single note they sang and played.

Mishti snapped back to reality as her attention diverted. “Is that the beach?” she asked excitedly running to the windows. She set her hands on the window and pulled it up so she could take in the warm air.

Emily nodded. “Yup. We can go down there now if you want.”

Mishti eyed her. “Are you sure? You won’t be spotted by paparazzi or anything?” Emily had slowly been spotted by the paparazzi as she hung out with her new celebrity friends around town. Emily grinned. “It doesn’t matter. I’ll be able to show off my best friend.”

Mishti laughed. “Okay then. Give me ten minutes to get ready.” Digging through her three suitcases, she finally came across her plain black bikini. She quickly changed into it and pulled back her black hair into a low ponytail.

As she was getting ready, Mishti thought what this summer would bring. There were endless possibilities and she didn’t know where and how she would end up at the end of the summer. But all that mattered now was she was in California with her best friend and she was determined to make it the best summer she would ever have.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is much shorter than what my chapters will usually be. Kind of an intro.
I mus be crazy for starting a new story.
I don't know if I'll be able to juggle two stories. Haha.
But we'll see how it goes. =]

I'm really excited for this story! The idea has been in my brain for awhile now.

I would love to hear what you guys think!
Subscribe and Comment!

Love,
Kodhai <3