Sunshine in my Heart

Mr.President

Mishti stood behind a hefty sized man who was glancing at the TV screen in front of him and then back to the scene that was taking in place of him. Emily had told her to stand right behind the director during the live taping so she could see everything on set. It had been almost an hour since the live taping had began, and Mishti was enjoying every moment of it. She had always loved watching the behind the scenes of almost anything and the work that was put into it.

The sound of laughter came from the side as the audience who was in attendance laughed at something Kevin’s character said. She had to admit, the boys weren’t bad actors. She religiously watched JONAS back home as support to her best friend, and well, because the Jonas Brothers were on it.

Thinking of this, she was reminded of the few hours prior to where she met them. Kind of. She had been introduced to them by Emily, which she was grateful for. At first, she had been tongue tied at the fact there were celebrities in front of her, but she had loosened up after awhile.

They were all fun to talk to and hang out. They were just like normal teenagers in everyday life. Except they made music, acted, or both, and made millions. Chelsea and Nicole were the easiest out of the group to talk to. She figured it was because of the fact that they were girls, and girls could talk about anything on a broad scale. Mishti realized that age in Hollywood didn’t have much significance. These girls were a few years older than Emily and herself since they were only 15.

Her favorite band was pretty easy to talk to also. As soon as she had seen them after stepping into the room, Mishti had gone completely nervous but was sly enough to hide it. Or she hoped at least. They had all launched onto a safe topic of Emily and her‘s friendship. But she was quick to notice that Nick didn’t say much. She found that kind of odd, since it seemed through interviews, and even through Emily, that Nick was a talkative boy. He would occasionally make a comment here and there and would laugh at when appropriate.

Mishti snapped back to attention and diverted her attention to the taping that was going on in front of her. From what she was seeing, it seemed like the episode was almost over. The director in front of her and rose from his seat and called out “And that’s a wrap!” Applause echoed throughout the studio as the actors and actresses scurried backstage to remove their costumes and come back out for the final applause.

Mishti maneuvered her way around the set so she was back where they were exiting towards. She apologized to a tech person she bumped into before jumping behind Emily and wrapping her arms around her best friend.

“You were amazing!” she shrieked as Emily turned around with a smile.

“Thanks!” Emily gave her a quick hug before looking behind her. “I’ll be right back in two minutes. I have to go out and talk to the audience for awhile.”

Mishti nodded and watched her friend run out towards the excited audience. She leaned against the bare white wall behind her and crossed her arms around her chest taking in the Hollywood scene.

“Did you enjoy the show?” A soft voice popped up from behind her. Mishti jumped, startled at the voice. Brushing her bangs out of her face, she turned around and was surprised to see Nick Jonas standing behind her with a nonchalant expression.

She opened her mouth to respond but closed it almost as quickly when he furrowed his eyebrows at a sight behind her. Mishti turned her head and saw his brothers waving him over to join him. Nick motioned with his hands to give him one more minute before joining
them.

“So did you enjoy the show?” Nick asked once again.

Mishti looked up and nodded. “Um, yeah. It was interesting to see the behind the scenes work.” She tucked a piece of hair behind her ears and waited to see if he would respond.

“That’s cool.” Once again, Nick looked past her shoulder and then caught her eyes again. “Listen, I’ll talk to you later. My brothers want me out there. I’m sure we’ll be seeing more of each other soon.”

Nick didn’t bother waiting for a response from her and brushed past her to join his brothers out on the set. Mishti blinked at his abruptness and watched him walk away from her. Okay then.

Mishti watched her friend in delight as she swiftly signed autographs for the eager fans. Twenty minutes later, Mishti found herself back in Emily’s dressing room packing up for the night, and the weekend. Emily would be headed back to work on Monday, but not without a few interviews and photo shoots here in there scattered throughout the weekend.

“Did you like the show?” Emily asked shutting the door to her dressing room and locking it with her key. She tossed it into her huge purse and expectantly looked at Mishti for an answer. Funny, it was the same question Nick had asked earlier.

“Yeah I did. I’m glad I’m here for the summer. It’s amazing here,” Mishti said. And it was true. She had missed her best friend throughout the school year, and it seemed like the only option was to spend the summer with her.

Emily smiled. “Same here.” The girls continued to talk about tonight’s live taping as Emily explained to her all the concepts and dynamics of the show. They were to meet Emily’s mom near the entrance of the studio as she was talking to the director and other important people, as Emily liked to call it.

Mishti glanced around the now empty set, and saw that they were one of the last people to be here as the place closed up for the night. Looking around for Emily’s mother, they finally spotted her talking to a woman that seemed familiar to Mishti. As they got closer, she quickly realized who it was.

The curly dark hair couldn’t be unnoticed. As a fan, Mishti knew it was Denise Jonas. Mishti eyed around and saw her sons standing around together waiting for their mother to join them. Emily turned to Mishti to begin another conversation, but trailed her eyes to wear Mishti’s eyes were leading too.

“Mom, we’ll be with the boys, okay?” Emily interrupted. She jerked her head towards them and her mom nodded before continuing her conversation with Denise, who gave them both a welcoming smile.

Motioning Mishti to follow her, Emily walked over to them cheerfully. “Hi guys!” Emily sang as they were within hearing range.

Their heads turned towards them as small smiles spread across their faces. She made
eye contact with all of them, giving them each a smile, but made contact with Nick last. He jerked his chin up slightly, as if to say ‘hey’.

“Who are you?” Frankie asked tilting his head slightly towards Mishti. She laughed at the
younger Jonas who had on a shirt that had his older brother’s faces plastered on it.

“This is Mishti, Frankie,” Kevin introduced. “She’s Emily’s best friend.”

“Hi Frankie,” Mishti greeted. “I love your shirt,” she added.

Nick chuckled. “It’s a pretty amazing shirt, isn’t it?”

Frankie turned to his older brother with a ‘duh’ expression on his face. “You told me to wear this!” he exclaimed.

“Resorting to your little brother for advertising? You couldn’t deal with all the fame you have already?” Mishti teased.

“You have to admit, it does look good,” Joe cut in laughing.

Misthi rolled her eyes. “Whatever you say.”Mrs.Gim’s voice ringed through the set as she
called over her daughter and Mishti. “See you guys later,” she said as she adjusted her bag on her shoulder waiting for Emily to join her.

“Bye,” they chorused. Emily joined her side as they began to walk away.

“You so owe me,” Emily claimed as she saw her best friend look over her shoulder before quickly turning back.

Mishti laughed. “I think I do.”

“Mishti!” She eyed her best friend before trying to find the source of the voice. Nick was
jogging towards her. A puzzled look appeared on her face as he approached
closer. “Forgetting something?”

Her eyes traveled to the purple object in his hand outstretched towards her. Mishti sighed gratefully at the sight of her cell phone. “Thanks. I don’t remember leaving this.”

“It’s a good thing you didn’t, because I really didn’t want to plan on waking up to a Oh em gee, did you hear I’m dating a Jonas Brother? in the middle of the night,” Nick smirked.

Mishti scoffed. “Very funny. But thanks anyway.”

“No problem,” Nick reassured.

“I have to go now, but I’m sure I’ll be seeing you soon.” Mishti mocked. Nick chuckled throwing his head back slightly.

She smiled as her goodbye and hurried back to meet Emily and her mom. Emily was shaking her head with a knowing smile on her face. Mishti shot her a warning look not to say anything until they were back at her house. The car ride home was peacefully silent as the radio blasted through the car.

Mishti and Emily went upstairs to change into their pajamas before coming down for a pizza dinner with the rest of the family. As soon as the door had been shut, Emily started talking.

“You like him. You like him,” Emily taunted as she stripped out of her jeans.

Mishti stuck her tongue out at her. “Of course I like him, just not like him, like him. And I’ve only known him, for what, less than 24 hours?” She sounded like a six year old to herself. "Do I need to remind you that he’s my celebrity crush? Did you catch the word celebrit?

“You know you like him. Come on, he’s irresistible.”

“Then why don’t you go after him?” Mishti asked pulling on a short spaghetti top that barely revealed the bottom of her stomach.

Because, he’s Nick. I’ve known him for too long. He and his brothers were the first friends I had here,” Emily explained.

“Whatever,” Mishti muttered.

“I’m not letting this go,” Emily warned. Mishti dismissed the comment with a wave of her hand as she snatched her cell phone of the bed. Emily laughed but didn’t press the issue further. Mishti scrolled down her phone book to ‘Mom’ so she could call her before dinner. Her eyes did a double take as she read the name listed below her mom’s number. Mr.President.
♠ ♠ ♠
GUESS WHO'S SEEING THE JONAS BROTHERS 3D MOVIE CONCERT EXPERINCE IN LESS THAN 3 HOURS?!?!?
My friend and I are going to the 9:50 showing. We are STOKED. But damn, those tickets are expensive.

I wanted to get this out before I went to the movie ^.^ Do you like?

Leave comments!
Love,
Kodhai