Status: This story is now completed! Say goobye to Mattie and come say hi to him in my new story!

My Fears Burn While You're Around

Chapter 23

IMPORTANT NOTE: Alright my dear readers. I royally flubbed up in the last chapter! I never thought I would do this…. But I did. For those of you who read the last chaper and went "where did Kacie come from?" I have the answer. Kacie is a character in my Brian story. And I inserted her in this one without even thinking. I can't believe I did that! So for the sake of this story…. Kacie isn't going to exist in this one. Because the other main girl is Val and I'd like to keep it that way.

Again I'm so so so so soooo sorry I did that! Rawr…….. ok. Now onto all the Matt and Celeste goodness!

***

The following morning I awoke to a pair of soft lips gently attacking my collarbone. I sharply inhaled but before I allowed my body to freak out I remembered it was just Matt who had his arms tightly wrapped around me.

I relaxed my now tense body and turned slightly so I was now facing Matt. I slowly opened my eyes and blinked the sleep from them. The curtain to the window was open and the morning sunlight was streaming in, bathing us both in it's rays.

"Good morning birthday girl." Matt said in between butterfly kisses up my neck.

"Morning." I said followed by a yawn which turned into a moan as Matt's kiss turned into a long sensual sucking.

"Matt." My eyes rolled back in my head but shot back out as he bit down on my neck playfully.

"Good morning birthday…wooooah! Sorry!" Brian exclaimed as he came bursting into the room and then backed out with a funny grin on his face.

"Damn it!" Matt exclaimed while I laughed and blushed insanely.

Matt climbed out of the bed and stormed to the door. He threw it open and sent a glare to all of the other guys that were still also clad in just boxers. "Can't you guys ever knock for fuck's sake? What the hell is wrong with you? Stay the fuck out!" He told them all before he shut the door and let out a sigh.

"Don't worry Celeste! Matt's always grumpy in the morning!" Zacky hollered making Matt glare back at the closed door.

"I am not." He mumbled as he climbed back into bed. "Only when those fuckers interrupt."

"It's alright Matt. We probably should be getting up anyway."

"Right. Too bad I don't want to." He told me gruffly as he wrapped his arms around me again and held me firmly against his chest.

"We can't stay here all day you know."

"Well technically we could but I don’t think that's how you want to spend your birthday."

"Not really."

I took a deep breath and decided to be brave. I rolled over so I was lying flush on top of Matt.

"So how does it feel to be twenty?" Matt asked as he placed his hands on my lower back.

"No different then when I was nineteen honestly."

"Well that will change."

"I need to go shower." I stated softly knowing if I wanted to go to the park today I would need to get moving soon. I was really tempted to stay in bed with Matt all day but I don’t think the guys would allow for that. I was pretty sure it was only a matter of time before someone else barged in to bother us.

"Hey Matt doesn't your phone have that one radio thingy in with it?" I asked, really wanting to listen to some music while I showered.

"Pandora? Yeah it does. What do you want to listen to?" I blushed not really wanting to tell him what I was in the mood for because I thought he would find it funny.

"I don't know. Can I borrow it and I'll figure it out?"

"Sure." He handed me his phone after pressing a few buttons and I saw that Pandora was running on the screen.

I grabbed my duffle bag and scampered into the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

Matt's POV

I flopped back in bed after handing Celeste my cell phone.

Today was going to be an amazing day. I was going to make sure of it.

A hard knock came on the bedroom door. "Come in!" I yelled knowing it was one of the guys.

The door opened and Johnny stuck his head through the door. "Where's Cels?" He asked as he stepped into the room fully.

"Shower." I stated as I folded my hands under my head. "What's up?"

"Oh. Nothing. I wanted to wish her a happy birthday."

"Oh ok." I said nonchalantly.

"So…. Why aren't you in there with her?" Johnny asked carefully.

"That's a good question. I want to respect her privacy. She deserves it."

"I don't think she'd mind if you went in."

"You think?" I sat up in bed and looked at probably the wisest and youngest member in my group of friends. I valued Johnny's opinion on things. He was always the most logical and could relate to people really well. I was glad Celeste was living with him but I was beginning to wonder if she might move in with me. But that was a can of worms for another day.

"Matt, she trusts you now. I think it would be alright. I mean she'll sleep in the same bed as you now. That's kind of brought the relationship to a whole new level I'd say."

"Yeah. I guess I just wish it would go further."

"It will Shads. You've got to give it time still though. You have to remember that for most of the years of Celeste's life that was her biggest nightmare. It's still the one thing she's scared to death of." My brow furrowed as I took in Johnny's mini speech. How did he know these things?

My nonverbal behavior must have sent him the message because he just chuckled. "She and I have had alot of late night talks when we both couldn’t sleep. Don't go getting jealous on me."

"I'm not jealous." I stated with a small amount of force so he would drop the subject. "I'm going to go in." I threw the covers off the bed and stood right as Johnny left the room, closing the door behind him.

I grabbed my duffle bag and pulled out a black t-shirt along with a pair tan cargo shorts. I tossed the bag back into the closet and went to stand by the door.

I raised my fist and knocked softly on the door. She must not have heard me though because there was no reply. Slowly and quietly I opened the door just a smidge and was just shy of calling out her name when her voice stopped me.

My expression went from happy to slightly confused as the sound of country music reached my ears, country music accompanied by Celeste's soft voice.

Country? I didn't know Celeste liked country music. She had never mentioned it to me before. That must have been why her cheeks blushed when I asked her what she wanted to listen to. My pupils widened as a dawn of realization came over me; she was afraid of what I'd say when she told me. That's why she said she didn’t know.

When I focused my mind on the lyrics I realized she was listening to a Keith Urban song that I had heard on the radio only when flipping through. I never paid attention to the lyrics because it was a country song but it was obvious to me that she knew every word to the song.

It's that moment when you start closin' in
First you're holding back, then surrenderin'
It can start a fire, light up the sky, such a simple thing.
Do you wanna try?
Are you ready to say good-bye to all these blues?

I wanna kiss a girl
I wanna hold her tight
Maybe make a little magic in the moonlight
Don't wanna go too far just to take it slow
But I shouldn't be lonely in this big old world
I wanna kiss a girl

'Cause maybe tonight it could turn into the rest of our lives, oh yeah.
Are you ready? Are you ready to cross that line, put your lips on mine??

The more I focused on the lyrics the more I realized just how much this song pertained to me and Celeste. Well, more so how I felt about Cels. Every moment of the day I longed to kiss her and hold her in my arms. I never wanted her to leave.

Celeste's POV

I heard the door slowly creak open right as the song ended. I was so startled that I dropped the loofa I had been holding. While I scrambled to grab onto it my feet slipped on a pile of soap suds and sent me falling to the floor of the shower. I was so thankful that the shower door wasn't quite see through but I was sure Matt didn't need to see it to know what had happened.

"Shit Cels. Are you alright?" He asked as he entered the bathroom.

"Matt? Why is it that I always slip and fall in the bathroom when you're around to see me?" I asked as I rubbed my sore butt as I stood up.

"Umm I just have that effect on you?" He laughed nervously. I poked my head out of the shower and stuck my tongue out at him. His back was against the counter and his arms were crossed over his chest as he looked at me.

In the background a Carrie Underwood song had come on and I instantly tucked my head back into the shower.

"Country? I never knew you liked country."

"I know." My tone was quiet. "That's because I never told you."

Silence from Matt made me curious as to why he was still standing out there. I poked my head out once again and looked at him. "Why are you still standing there?"

"Well what else am I supposed to do?" He questioned.

I let a small smile come across my lips. I wiggled my eyebrows before tucking my head back into the shower right as I felt my blush come on. "Come join me maybe?"

"Is that what the birthday girl wants?"

"Yes it is." I stated matter of factly.

It was easy to see Matt stripping off his clothes through the clouded door. "Then that's what the birthday girl will get." His husky voice floated over the sound of the water.

My lungs filled with a big gust of air as I breathed in and prepared myself for what I had invited. Matt opened the shower door and stepped in behind me. His rough hands came to rest on my lower stomach as his colorful arms encircled my tender frame. The loofa that had been giving me trouble earlier was clutched tightly in my hands. It provided a distraction for my hands.

His index fingers lightly circled around the skin right below my hip bones, earning a shudder that trembled down my entire body. "You're so unbelievably gorgeous." He whispered into my ear as his teeth gently bit down on my ear lobe.

"And you're trying to sweet talk your way into something." I stated as I turned around bravely.

"Who me?" He asked innocently. "Never. Not so much something as it may be someone." He whispered huskily. A chilling feeling started tingling at my ear where he had spoken the words into. It moved down my neck and into my spine where it transitioned from a cold feeling to a rather warm one. The further down the feeling traveled the warmer it got until it reached my core where the tingling was the most intense.

"Matt not now." The words that passed over my vocal chords were incredibly shaky and I was sure had it not been for Matt holding me up I would have slipped to the floor once again.

"Soon possibly?" His lips trailed down my ear to my neck where he sucked. He was making it awfully hard to say no.

"P-possibly." I stuttered and felt his lips twist into a small grin against my skin. Matt's tender but rough hands slid down my body further and came to rest on my inner thighs. I knew if I didn’t stop this now it would go too far and I'd be really upset my real first time had been in the shower.

"Matt. No. I… not here please." I said hoarsely. The heat that I had been feeling now consumed my entire body. It felt like it was on fire and I immediately felt like I was going to pass out if I didn’t get out of this hot shower.

I pushed the door open and inhaled deeply as I stumbled out of the shower. I hurriedly grabbed the towel I had set out and wrapped it around me messily. I had sent water spraying all over the floor in my haste. I backed up against the counter and slid to the floor as I struggled to get my breathing under control.

That had been close. Almost too close. I knew Matt meant no harm but I couldn’t let that happen. Not in the shower of all places.

I watched as he shut the water off and came out after me. I, sitting at the level I was, was instantly greeted with the sight of Matt's coveted man parts. I groaned and diverted my gaze quickly before he could notice I had been staring.

"You alright?" He asked softly as he wrapped a towel around his waist.

"Yeah. Just sort of…"

"Over heated?" He asked with a chuckle as he slid down beside me. He reached out and wrapped his arms around me protectively. I nodded and leaned in against his wet chest. "I could tell. Your skin is like a lobster."

I mumbled something incoherent which vibrated his chest. "I don't want my first time that actually means something to happen in the shower."

"But you want it to happen with me at least?" He replied softly.

"Yes. I do." I squeezed his middle and he in return placed a good size kiss on the top of my wet head.

"That makes me the happiest man on earth."

"Well what do you say we get dressed and go to the happiest place on earth then?" I said with a cheeky grin as I looked up at him.

"Sounds like a plan to me."

Matt and I quickly got dressed. I had chosen a black tank top and some jean shorts with my semi-new black converse that Matt had spruced up with some bright blue laces the other day.

"Bout damn time!" Brian exclaimed from where he and the other guys were lounging in the living room waiting rather impatiently.

"Sorry." I muttered as I bit my lip and looked down before glancing back up and giving them all a small grin.

Brian sighed and stood. "How could I be mad at that face?" He said as he came over and engulfed me in a giant hug. "Happy birthday Cels." He whispered in my ear before copying Matt's earlier actions and kissing the top of my head.

Next came Zacky who was looking extremely enthusiastic. "Happy birthday hun. I love you kid." He told me before I got passed onto Jimmy who promptly picked up and spun me around.

"Happy birthday my little skinny mini boo-bear!!!!" He all but screamed for the entire resort to hear.

"Boo-bear?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Yes! That's your new nickname. I have dubbed it so it's sticking whether you like it or not." He informed me with a huge grin.

Johnny came last and his hug was unlike any of the others. It held a sense of care and adoration in it. Like the kind a brother would give a sister. I loved Johnny dearly. He was like the older brother I never had and I knew the feeling was mutual.

"Happy birthday Cels. I love you so damn much." He whispered in my ear.

"Me too Johnny. Thank you for everything."

"Anytime hun." I pulled away and gave him a smile before we stepped back.

"Alright I don’t know about everyone else but I'm ready to go stand in some damn long lines to ride these fucking rides." Zacky said once I was finished hugging Johnny.

"Long lines?" I asked Matt as we all shuffled out of the hotel room, Jimmy and Johnny skipping ahead of us singing It's A Small World, with a slight addition of curse words thrown in every now and then.

"Shouldn't be too bed. They have these fastpass things where you get one and then you basically wait a little while then go to the front of the line. It makes it easier."

I nodded my head as Matt reached down and grabbed a hold of my hand.

"We're riding Splash Mountain first." Jimmy said as we got into the elevator. Zacky's eyes widened as he shook his head at his friend.

"No way man. I don't want to be soaked all day. We've gotta do the Pirates first."

"To hell with the pirates! It's all about the Matterhorn." Brian remarked as he leaned against the wall of the elevator.

"Which ride do you want to go on first?" Matt leant down to ask me softly as we exited the elevator and shuffled along to keep up with Jimmy who was in an all out sprint to the doors of the resort. Johnny was right on his tail and when he was close enough he leapt forward and landed on Jimmy's back. I laughed along with the rest of the guys as the two grown men went tumbling to the ground.

"Something where I don't have to get wet would be nice." I told Matt as we passed Jimmy and Johnny. Zacky gave them both a swift kick in the butt before we continued on our way and let them follow after us once they untangled themselves and stopped complaining.

"Pirates it is then." Brian grinned as he too wrapped his arm around me so I was now sandwiched between him and Matt.

"Um hello! Aren't you forgetting about someone?" A somewhat rough female voice called out to us.

I turned and grinned at Val who was jogging toward us. I slipped out form between Matt and Brian so I could embrace her in a hug. "Happy birthday woman!" She all but screamed at me. "How was your night?" She changed to a whisper and threw in a wink once I pulled away from her.

A small blush crept up my cheeks since I knew exactly what she was implying. "Nothing happened Val. But it was nice. I missed having you around though."

"I damn well missed you too! And why the hell did nothing happen?"

"Because…" I started as we linked arms and walked ahead of the guys. "Nothing did. We showered together this morning but we didn't go anywhere."

Val's eyes widened and she jumped in front of me and placed her hands on my shoulders. "You did what?" She whispered loudly and harshly. "Showered together?"

"Val!" I scolded softly as I pushed her forward.

"Just checking. Damn." She smirked. "Getting closer everyday."

I grumbled under my breath as we continued to toward the entrance of the park.

My thoughts became mush as I surveyed my surroundings for the first time. Disney was truly a spectacular place. Almost everyone had a smile on their face and it was just relaxing. Everyone seemed to be having a good time and the atmosphere was one of carefree excitement and joy. I had a feeling coursing through my body that I had never felt before. I felt like a kid again.

"Excuse me." I heard Matt say behind us. "Could you take a picture for us?" When I turned around I saw Matt holding out his camera to a stranger. The person nodded and took the camera from Matt. Val and I made our way over toward where the guys were all standing around, in front of the Disneyland sign at the front entrance. Matt was quick to snatch me up into his arms so he was holding me bridal style. Everyone else sort of crowded around us and struck a funny pose.

The stranger handed the camera back to Val and Matt stood me back upright. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in for a birthday kiss. Me being so lost in Matt's show of affection didn’t even notice that Val had taken a picture of us until after when she flashed the camera in my face.

"Awwww." She playfully gushed before tucking Matt's camera into her pocket. I had a feeling this birthday was going to be well documented.

"So what's first?" Jimmy asked as he bounced up and down after we had gotten through the entry gates as well as the mini security check.

"Pirates." Matt informed him.

"What the hell!" Jimmy whined in return. "I thought we were going on Splash Mountain first."

"That's right… you thought. Everyone else thinks we should do pirates first. Besides, it's better to save the wet rides for later in the day when it gets hot." Val told him as she rolled her eyes playfully at her friend.

"Oh fuck you Val." Jimmy jested with his tongue stuck out.

Val in return smacked a hand to her butt before laughing and walking off with Johnny in front of the group.

I was way too mesmerized by the park to even care about what was going on around me. Being in Disneyland was like being in a whole different city in itself. I felt like I had been plucked out of Orange County and placed in the middle of something that shouldn’t exist in the real world. This was where I had always dreamt of coming as a kid. I begged and begged to come to Disney but it never happened. Now I was seeing exactly what I had been missing out on during my childhood.

"You alright Cels?" Zacky asked me as he walked beside Matt and I. I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to face him with a smile.

"Yeah. Just thinking is all. I'm alright." Zack nodded in reply and ran up to catch up with Brian who was eyeing a group of college age girls that had just walked past us.

"Overwhelmed?"

I looked up at Matt with a small grin and nodded. "A bit."

"Disney will do that to you. Then at the end of the day you'll be exhausted. It really does suck the life from you sometimes."

"Ahoy! I see thee Pirates Of The Caribbean! Last one there walks ye plank!" Jimmy announced in his pirate voice. Matt's eyes lit up and he scooped me into his arms for the second time today before going in an all out sprint toward the entrance of the ride. I had my arms wrapped around his neck for fear of him dropping me since he was running so fast. The guys were all on our tail but Matt zoomed past them all so we were the first ones in line. Val, being the girl and the shortest, was the last one there.

"Damn it guys!" She panted, out of breath.

"Ye be walking the plank!" Jimmy announced with one of his eyes squinted closed to make him look more pirate-y I suppose.

"Yeah, yeah." Val said while rolling her eyes.

Surprisingly the line moved pretty quickly and before I knew it we were being loaded into the boat. Brian had put the smooth moves on the girl loading the boats and he was able to convince her to give us a boat to ourselves. Johnny lazed in the front row by himself while Jimmy sat behind him making 'argh' noises in his ear.

Zacky and Val were laughing at Jimmy from behind while Brian was leaning up in between the two from the row behind them and in front of Matt and me. As the boat launched off of the conveyor belt and into the water Jimmy and Johnny went into a rendition of Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me. They ended it with a loud dramatic evil laugh making the rest of us laugh as well.

"I love this ride. It's dark." Matt told me.

"No making out! Or making babies back there you two!" Jimmy said as he whipped around after hearing Matt. "I mean it." He outstretched his long arm and pointed a finger at us.

"No promises man." Matt said with a wink. I was thankful for the darkness because it meant no one could see me blush. I curled up beside Matt and snuggled in for the ride.

Zacky kept looking back at me expectantly with a funny grin on his face.

I furrowed my brow at him and turned my attention to the talking skull on the wall. I heard the boat start to make some weird noises and before I knew it we were being launched forward and down a drop in the ride. I screamed, not expecting the sudden drop and everyone turned to laugh at my reaction.

"You could have warned me!" I said as I smacked Matt in the arm.

"Now where's the fun in that?"

"I'll show you fun Sanders." I said as I slid to the opposite side of the row from him. He pouted and scooted closer.

"There's no escaping me babe. You're stuck with me for about ten minutes until this ride is over."

"Something tells me I'm stuck with you for longer then that. Not that I mind."

"Good." Matt replied. I stared into his hazel eyes that were outlined on his face in the pitch black tunnel we were currently in. He leant forward and pressed a kiss to my lips.

Johnny and Jimmy were back to making ghostly noises up front. "Hey I said no making out!" Jimmy informed up. Matt kept the kiss going though but we both grinned into it, knowing this was going to be a fun day.
♠ ♠ ♠
phew! finally! haha. i felt like that update took me forever to finish. but i have good reason! i am currently getting ready to start not one new story but two!!!! one is obviously my long anticipated ZV story but just the other night i had a dream that inspired a new matt story. now....... before you all get excited.... let me just say that it's not typically the kind of story i write. but i wanted to try something different and figured it was worth a shot! i'm really excited! if you have questions feel free to ask if you're interested.

so i know this story hasn't had alot of drama in the last few chapters... but some is coming. i promise, for all you drama-holics.

on the bright side..... i'm almost done with school for the summer! and that means....... i'm moving to SoCal!!!!! back home i go!!!!!! hell yeah! and i should have more writing time too hehehehe! so excited!

thanks to everyone who commented yet again! you guys are amazing. i can't say it enough. =D

Multi Colored Ranger
Lasairiona Berry
TorturedAngel
Dezi Demize
MadHatterMarch
Lane In Vein
perfectionist326
Desori
Miss.CorrCorr
midnighter13
AdamsBabe
A7xaddict
Just.Listen
lisha_reading_music
AlishaIeroVeex
GG_girl
Uno1213
Fallin_For_You
JarasicJade
villevalo05
lilxladyx143
EmmKay

<3 ~K