Time Lifts the Light

WELL WELL WELL look who’s back with a 2022 update and a complete shot in the dark in case anyone is still here.

1. Writing update: Last time I was here I said I was going to rewrite one of my stories and post it again but, as it happens, nobody has time for that shit. I also said I was working on a story about a girl who teams up with a Demon Hunter — that story has morphed into something pretty different and something I’m extremely proud of. Currently working on finishing the manuscript and will be posting updates as I go on a fun little nightmare adventure of trying to get published for the first time.

2. Face reveal: I hope this isn’t a surprise to anyone, but when I started writing and posting weirdly personal details about my life on the internet as a teenager, I decided to use a fake name. You know me as Sophie and you can absolutely continue to call me that, or you can call me by my real name: Amy. Really only telling you this because I’d like to start talking to you with my actual face. My writing TikTok handle is @a.f.wright if you’re interested. And if you are interested, pretty pretty please come say hi. Writing is too lonely without you.

3. Where the heck did the stories go?: You guys are the only ones allowed to see my real face and name and connect me with the stories on here. NOBODY ELSE MUST KNOW. I’m definitely still proud of these old stories, but I really want to try to get published and I’m not ready to invite the world to see anything less than perfect. Also, reading back over my author’s notes on each chapter, I realize that I was a feral child who should not have been trusted to go outside alone. So I’m going to go through and save each story soon, then take them off Mibba. If you want to read them, you can message me and I’ll happily share. I’m sorry I’m making it inconvenient, I hope you understand!

4. I love you: Depression is ass. Thank you for all the hilarious and kind and lovely messages after my update last year.

5. TikTok one more time: @a.f.wright for further updates on life and writing. Maybe I’ll do an IG or Twitter too, but I think TikTok would give me a better shot at being published if I’m honest. Let me know what you think.

Love from,
Sophie/Amy

Image
Time is like the wind; it lifts the light and leaves the heavy.
- Doménico Cieri Estrada

Indigo is a very normal girl - quiet and fairly content to be so.

But D.B. is not a very normal boy. Quite the contrary. D.B. is a very extraordinary boy.

Indigo soon discovers that she is connected to this strange (and sometimes, utterly fantastical) boy in a way that she never expected - never planned. D.B. pulls her into a world where she can travel through time, where each moment can be harnessed and claimed. She realizes that time, even though it is not as stoic and unwavering as she had thought it to be, will always lift away what matters least; only leaving behind the things that are meant to be.

***Special thanks to my good friend, Lils. I always look forward your encouragement, humor, and edits. I willingly give D.B. to you, he's all yours. Do what you wish with him. (heh...)
  1. 01
    In which we meet Indigo, who wakes with a stranger in her bed.
  2. 02
    In which we meet Mikey and Kim and... D.B.
  3. 03
    In which Indigo is distracted
  4. 04
    In which D.B. sheds some light on the issue of the watch
  5. 05
    In which D.B. shares a not-so-secret secret
  6. 06
    In which D.B. loses his cool
  7. 07
    In which Indigo and Mikey find a common obsession
  8. 08
    In which D.B. dawdles
  9. 09
    In which D.B. keeps his cool (for the most part)
  10. 10
    In which Indigo freaks out
  11. 11
    In which D.B. chickens out
  12. 12
    In which Mikey drives
  13. 13
    In which D.B. is nervous
  14. 14
    In which Indigo pries
  15. 15
    In which D.B. loses his cool... again
  16. 16
    In which the Portugal secret is revealed
  17. 17
    In which D.B. confesses
  18. 18
    In which the gang goes out
  19. 19
    In which Mikey and D.B. go traveling
  20. 20
    In which the gang shops
  21. 21
    In which Mikey makes a few predictions
  22. 22
    In which D.B. pouts
  23. 23
    In which nobody dances
  24. 24
    In which D.B. comes unstuck
  25. 25
    In which D.B is twitchy and the gang talks undies
  26. 26
    In which Indy and D.B. take the bus
  27. 27
    In which Indy travels
  28. 28
    In which Georgia Brent becomes a problem
  29. 29
    In which Jack Lewinski conveniently leaks blood
  30. 30
    In which Indigo attends a party and D.B. is belligerent
  31. 31
    In which Indigo is left speechless
  32. 32
    In which D.B. tries and fails
  33. 33
    In which things are explained and emotions run high
  34. 34
    In which things are resolved
  35. UPDATE 2020
  36. UPDATE 2022