Sequel: About A Girl
Status: Hey kids! I've written all I can with this story. I loved it but it wasn't really going anywhere. HOWEVER!!! I did rewrite the story in treatment for in a new 'light'. If you're interested in reading that :)

It's Not All About You, Luke

Bonding

As We mad out way back towards school and up the big hill past the brother's house, Oliver and I started talking, not just normal everyday conversation; but really talking. He told me more than i ever expected to hear, he told me what was actually going on and who he was. What I mean is, I got to know him better.

"So there i was, faced with the decision. What was i supposed to do? I mean sure, they were my friends, but not really if they were gonna sell me out like that! Trust me Elise, you would have done the exact same thing." He told me, reminding me of what if felt like to be on my own, those blue eyes of his staring down upon me as he said so.

"Sure i would have..." I trailed off, "If i had had friends." I didn't want him to hear that last part, so i mumbled it and looked away. There was just something about these trees, i thought to myself, they reminded me of something, something happy, like a place where all was well and nothing could harm you. But that certainly wasn't this place.

"So where do you live again?" Oli asked, trudging up the hill to get the the corner.

"Just round there." I pointed to the left to the houses, "Mines the one with the picket fence, well the one with the green 'Colour Bond' roof." They all had picket fences around here, yes ours was the first, but they all do now. I suppose i could go one about the history of picket fences, or rather, about my house, but i didn't see the point. "So, where abouts do you live? close by or not so much?"

"I catch the bus, so i suppose i only love a 20 minute drive away," stated Oliver as we made our way up the driveway and through the gate into my green front garden. "But it takes 40 minutes by the time the bus has picked up everyone else."

As we made our way up the front steps, I realised how wrong I really was about him, he wasn't the wanker i thought he was; I suppose when one wants to fit in the do all they can to seek approval. Even if it is to ruin other people's lives.

Luke greeted us at the door, just as surprised as I thought he would be. "Uhh Hi." he breathed, letting up past with great confusion.

"Luke, this is Oliver, Oliver; Luke."

"I know." the said in unison, staring each other down. It occurred to me that Luke new exactly who he was, from my complaining and whining i suspected. Oliver too, know who Luke was, but that was for a completely different reason. Luke is well know to be one of the most popular kids at school.

"Well, lets get this over and done with!" I heaved, heading up the stair with Oli at my heels.