Sequel: About A Girl
Status: Hey kids! I've written all I can with this story. I loved it but it wasn't really going anywhere. HOWEVER!!! I did rewrite the story in treatment for in a new 'light'. If you're interested in reading that :)

It's Not All About You, Luke

The Other Brother

As i made my way up the giant hill, i thought long and hard about what i was going to do, i wasn't going to be clingy, i wasn't going to be a slut and i sure as hell wasn't going to be an idiot! I turned left into Anthony's street and a rush of happiness dripped through my body, i bent down to pick up an autumn leaf and ran the rest of the way to Anthony's. To my dismay, the couch was gone. I looked long and carefully at the house to make sure it was the right one. It had to be. It was a white, modern two story house with vines up the sides and a big Gum tree in the yard. This was it alright.

All of a sudden, a swarm of butterflies made their way into my stomach and i felt sick, but i had to do this i told myself as i slowly made my way up the gravel track that led to his front door. I pressed the doorbell then stood back and waited. Nothing. How could this be?! I pressed it again the went to look in the window about a meter to the left.

"Well hello there." Purred and unfamiliar voice. I turned around and saw a boy, yet it wasn't Anthony.

"Umm hi. I'm Elise and I'm a friend of Anthony's... is he home?"

"No sorry, he's at his girlfriends house. But come in! I'm Todd, his brother." Smiled the boy, looking me up and down. great! i though, my friend isn't home, he has a girlfriend and his younger brother is checking me out! i new i shouldn't have come in my uniform.

"Thanks." I might as well, i mean I'd come all this way... haha okay so this is on the way home, but still.

"Would you like a drink, something to eat?" He asked as we approached the kitchen. I looked around again, taking in everything. There were photos on the walls, they were all of a happy family, except the fathers face had been ripped out. the carpet was white suede, like when you brush it one way it looks different, like you can draw on it.

"Ahhh a drink please. Do you have juice?"

"Yeah," he walked over to the fridge and pulled out two juice bottles. "would you like apple or orange?"

Oh god, this was too familiar, "Apple thanks."

As we sat there drinking, a few things came up, where they went to school, how i met Anthony and why i came were just a few. But when we came to the last topic, i hesitated. "Well I'm not sure really. It was all by coincident that we met in the first place. I guess i just wanted to see him again." I finished my drink and looked at another photo on the wall, it was of Anthony and Todd, they looked about five and seven. "Your mother likes photos...?" i asked, nodding towards it.

"Oh, yeah. She says it's good to keep a constant up date on what we look like and what's happening in our lives... so much for that."

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.

"Oh, she said if we know what made us happy and what didn't, what we liked and didn't then nothing bad could happen. Things always had to be the same. I guess that's why dad left; he couldn't stand it." Todd placed his glass on the bench and walked round to the pantry. "they don't even talk anymore. Would you like something to eat?"

"Yes thanks." I smiled "When is your brother due home? I don't think i should be here when he arrives."

"Why?" questioned Todd, opening a packet of Oreos.

"It would be weird. Plus, how am i supposed to explain why I'm here... that I've become friends with you? I know my brother would kill me if he came home to his mates and i...not that that would ever happen of course."

"Fair enough." Just then, the front door opened and Anthony walked in the room.