Till There Was You

01

Image
The soft melodic music danced out through the speakers of the radio as Michelle made her way around her apartment.

It was the morning of August 15th 1965,a year after her encounter with the Fab Four.Ever since then,shes seen their faces everywhere.On billboards,television and even in hit movies like A Hard Days Night. But for some reason,she couldn't sit through that whole movie in the theater without feeling like something was missing.

It was true that she did miss them.Each one of them.

She made her way around her apartment,tossing on a skirt and buttoning her dress shirt up.Her hair,longer then it once was,hung loosely around her shoulders.She took in the sweet scent of daisies as she walked passed the open balcony doorway.It was a beautiful summer day in New York compared to the rain.

Michelle walked from her bedroom and into her mini living room,flipping on the television.It was irregular to see so many news reports on one certain thing.Every channel she'd turn to,it happened to be something about The Beatles.She bit down on her lip when she saw a clip of the four walking off the plane when they first came to America.

Michelle sighed and turned her head,gazing over at the pictures that hung on her wall.She remembered that day perfectly when they left for Liverpool.She immediately took Brian's camera into the shop to get the photos developed,and ever since she had them hanging on her wall.She smiled brightly and shut the television off.

'Alright then Yorkers and Beatles fans--This next song is for all of you joining myself and the thousands of fans tonight at Shea Stadium at 7'O'Clock when The Beatles--Yes I said it,The Beatles,will be performing infront of a crowd of 55,000 people,'

Michelle stopped dead in her track towards the kitchen and turned towards the radio,"What?"She whispered as if the radio would answer her.She walked over to the oak coloured radio and turned the nob counter clockwise to increase the volume.

'It's been a year and a half since the four have stepped on American soil,and as you know-They'll be playing tonight,so stay tuned to this station for the show that will be broad casted live on Channel 8 through the Ed Sullivan Show. We leave you now with their recent hit dedicated to Ringo,Paul,John and George---Here is Michelle,'

The soft tune of a guitar rang out through the speakers,and Michelle couldn't help but let out a soft cry when she heard Paul's voice.Backing away from the radio quickly,Michelle ran over to the telephone and dialed the number to the studio.

On the third ring,Dan finally picked up,"Hello-CBS studios,Dan Morello speaking.."

"Dan--It's Michelle,"

"Mich--Your suppose to be on break,"Dan responded.Michelle rolled her eyes and sat down on her couch.

"I know Dan--I just need you to do me a favor,"She lightly bit down on her lip and looked over at the radio where the music caught her attention.

Michelle, ma belle.
Sont des mots qui vont très bien ensemble,
Très bien ensemble.


That voice,sound and words brought back so many memories from that night at their hotel room.With Ringo then Paul and what happened between her and John,and how George was there to comfort her.She needed to see them again,she had too.

"I don't know what Nancy will say about this--But go ahead,"Dan said,noting how angry Nancy would be if she found out Michelle was calling.

"Get me a ticket to that show tonight--I know Ed is taping the show with them,"She replied running her hand through her hair.She prayed to god that he'd say yes.

"Well Mich-I can't get you a ticket actually,Ed never left anything,"Dan said causing Michelle's shoulders to drop.She knew that Nancy had this all planned from the beginning.She knew the bloody Beatles were coming back to America,and ever since that new stage director showed up,she's been willing to throw Michelle to the side."But.."

Michelle swallowed down hard and sat at the edge of her couch,"But what--Tell me,"

"I know this--They'll be arriving at the Stadium around seven,hitting the stage and leaving by car to head back to their hotel room,"Dan replied.Michelle nodded slowly,taking in all the information,"Thats all I know--And by the way,I have something down at the studio that you may want.."

"And that is?"She asked,standing up and slipping on her shoes and grabbing her coat.She walked over to the radio and shut it off.

"Oh well--It's just a postcard with some flowers,perhaps a backstage pass and a ticket to tonight's show,"Dan chuckled through the receiver.Michelle paused and forced down a shriek that was wanting to escape.

"I'll be there in ten minutes,"Michelle replied throwing the phone down and running out the door.