Till There Was You

12

Image
August 22nd.

The last tour date till the 28th where the guys would be playing Balboa Stadium in California.Over the past four days it has been nothing but back to back shows.Flying into and out of cities,booking rooms in hotels,fleeing from fans and quickly leaving hotel rooms.Not to mention eating nothing but gross hotel food everyday.

The soft melody of Bob Dylan's “Don't think twice” danced through the speakers of the radio that sat on one of the dressers in Michelle's and Ringo's hotel room.They both scrambled around the room in a hurry,getting ready to hit The Memorial Coliseum for Ringo's last tour date.

Ringo twisted and turned in his spot by the window.He looked underneath the bed,and searched frantically through the closet trying to find his polo neck and undershirt,and yet no success.He sighed loudly and crossed his arms across his chest as he stood in nothing but his trousers. “Have you seen 'em?”

“Seen what?”Michelle asked as she fiddled with one of her earrings while looking at Ringo through the body length mirror.She watched as he collapsed on the bed and run his hand through his hair. “What can't you find?”

“Me polo neck and undershirt—I had it last night and it's not in my travel bag,”Ringo replied twisting in his seat and looked at Michelle.

“You mean turtle neck?”She paused shooting him a confused look.He nodded, “I'm sure it's here somewhere-Have you checked in the drawers?”She asked as she walked over to her travel bag,taking out a white dress shirt to go along with her navy skirt.Ringo pierced his lips together and eyed his dresser across the room,he hadn't checked it even though that should be the first place one would check.He slicking stood up and made his way over to the dresser and searched through the drawers,finding his beige polo shirt along with his undershirt.

“Found 'em,”Ringo stated holding his clothing items up in the air triumphantly before throwing them on the bed.

“Told you,”Michelle said buttoning up her dress shirt.She silently hummed the tune of the song,which would be stuck in her mind throughout the day.Ringo smirked to himself as he glanced over at her.She truly was a beautiful woman,one that he would love to bring back to Liverpool with him.All the chaps on the street would be jealous,even his best mates.He was torn from his thoughts when Michelle glanced over at him with a smile toying on her lips, “Something wrong Ringo?”

“No-Just wonderin' what your humming to”He asked as she pulled her hair up into a messy pony tale.

“Bob Dylan on the radio-Can't you hear it?”She asked as she advanced towards the radio,turning it up.Ringo's mouth formed into an 'O' and he slowly nodded.

“I've met 'em,you know,”Ringo stated pulling on his socks.

“So have I,”Michelle said walking back towards her dresser to gather up her things into her purse, “He came to New York to play the Ed Sullivan about a year or two ago,”She chuckled softly, “Thats a controversy all by itself,”

“He's a nice lad,”Ringo said as he began rubbing his neck genitally.A sudden pain shot through his right arm,tensing up the muscles in his upper triceps.

“He is-A real charmer,”Michelle said lowly,dropping her gaze to the oak dresser before looking back at Ringo.She noticed his body tense as he began rubbing the back of his neck.She sighed heavily and placed her purse down on the dresser and walked over to the bed.She climbed on the bed and sat on her knees behind Ringo, “Move your hand,” His hand dropped into his lap as her hands began rubbing his neck,shoulder and arm muscles.Ringo groaned in satisfaction but loved the feeling of being pampered.Michelle chuckled and leaned close to his ear, “You happy that this is the last show?”

Ringo's eyes fluttered closed and the sudden feeling almost blocked out Michelle's question. “Six bloody days of vacation after this show-Of course I am,”He mumbled,cocking his head to the side.Michelle smiled widely as she watched Ringo crumble underneath her touch.

“Mhm-You can finally sleep and eat regular food,”Michelle chuckled lowly running her hands down Ringo's arms.Goosebumps rode over his body as his body began to loosen.The image of a highly paid vacation flooded his mind after tonight's show.They would take a plane out to California,bask in the sun,eat rich meals rather then hotel meals,spend days by the beach and go clubbin'. “What do you plan on doing with this vacation?”

Ringo twisted his lip and opened his eyes, “Well,”He cocked his head to the side so he could look up at her. “I plan on relaxing,spending time on the beach and spending time with you,”

“Really?”Michelle asked as her hands seemed to linger down his shoulders and chest.She wrapped her arms around his neck and rubbed her nose against him, “Don't worry—You'll be spending a lot of time with me,”

Ringo smiled widely and dropped his gaze to her lips, “Alright,”He whispered,leaning up and capturing her lips with his.Michelle couldn't help but toy with the necklace hanging on his neck as her other hand rubbed his chest smoothly.Ringo groaned lowly as he pulled away from her,a smile plastered on both of their lips, “Love you,”He whispered.

“Love you too,”Michelle replied pecking his lips once more.

'That last one was from Hibbing's own,Bob Dylan,who's scheduled to play the hall in downtown Portland in mid-September.On to our next fab,speaking of fab—These young lads will be playing the Coliseum tonight.The expected amount of fans are reaching beyond capacity of the Coliseum,should be a great show.Be sure to stay tuned to this station for coverage of The Beatles show tonight at eight.This next song comes from the four's up and coming LP,said to be released in December of this year.

“A new record?”Ringo asked, “How they know we're working on a new record-We haven't even started at the least,”

“It's the radio-They know everything,Ringo,”Michelle said letting Ringo stand up.She rolled over the bed and stood up as well,slipping on her heels.

“Well,if you put it that way—Thats bloody scary,you know,”He said pulling his turtle neck over his head.The song on the radio seemed to over power Ringo's and Michelle's conversation,as the room went quiet.Michelle tried to hide her face,as she smiled widely at the familiar music. “Bah”Ringo said moving towards the radio and shutting it off.

“What are you doing?”Michelle asked curiously.

“It's the song—I don't like listening to me own songs,you know,”He replied rolling his sleeves up his arms as Michelle walked over to him.She switched back on the radio to hear Paul's soft voice flow through her ears.She held back the sigh wanting to come out,but she couldn't resist her smile.

“I like it,”She replied fixing the collar of his sweater.

“Of course you do—It's about you,”Ringo stated and dropped his gaze to the ground, “John said Paul wrote it about how I felt about you in New York.But I know there's more behind it,”

“What?”Michelle asked curiously.She was confused at what Ringo had just said.She remembered the time back in New York clearly,and how Paul told her how he had written a song for her and even sang a part of it to her.Now Ringo's saying otherwise.Her train of thought was broken once their door opened and Brian stepped into the room,shimmering in his businessman suit.

“Five minutes Ringo,”Brian stated receiving a nod from Ringo then closing the door behind him.Michelle ran her hand over her forehead then through her hair,letting the thought mingle in the back of her mind.

“You have everything?”Ringo asked,throwing on his jacket and grabbing his travel bag.Michelle quickly grabbed her purse and slipped on her jacket before heading towards the door with Ringo.Before exiting,he slipped his hand into hers and pecked her on the lips.