Till There Was You

13

Image
The two made their way down to the hotel lobby,where Brian and the rest of the guys and Pattie were waiting patiently.With no time to waste,Brian hurried them into an awaiting car that immediately took off towards the Coliseum.

“This bloody cotton is sticking to me chest,”Ringo complained as they all walked into their dressing room.He tugged on his collar which seemed to give him a little free air.

“Why'd you wear a polo then Ringo?”George asked sitting down on one of the sofas situated in the middle of the room.The others gathered around him,taking a seat.

“Nothing else to wear,”Ringo replied sitting down on the arm rest.Michelle took a seat next to Pattie and John.

“Ello love,”John said kissing Michelle's cheek, “You look distressed,”

Michelle rubbed her forehead,hoping that the throbbing would eventually go away before the show.Ringo turned his attention towards her, “I'm fine-Just a little tired,I guess,”

“She's not use to the touring,you know,”George butted in, “Poor thing-Pattie was the same way,”

“Want some water?”John asked politely, “Don't know where you can find some,but the tap is just as good,”

“Are you peckish?”Paul asked sitting across from her.He leaned forward on his knees and watched her glance at him curiously.

“Hungry,dear—Are you hungry?”John muttered,letting out a low chuckle.

“Come to think of it—We haven't had anything to eat since last night,”Ringo stated rubbing his stomach, “All that hotel food is rubbish,”

“Well then-What 'er you waiting for,get the lass some food,”John replied twisting in his seat to look at Ringo.He looked around the room and decided to go find Brian for this type of situation.He wouldn't risk walking out of the dressing room and be mobbed by the crowd.Michelle's head throbbed and her stomach curdled,the feeling of nausea taking over her.She hung her head low and rubbed the back of her neck while both Pattie and John nicely rubbed her back.George was right,she wasn't use to this everyday touring without normal food and fruits,normal sleep or fresh air.

A couple minutes later,Ringo came back with Brian following along, “Whats the news-Got some food?”Paul asked folding his hands in his lap,glancing over at Michelle often.He noticed how distressed looking the lass looked.

“Don't worry lads,it's all being takin' care of-In the mean time,you have visitors,”Brian said as the guys glanced over Brian's shoulder and noticed two tall looking men. “This is Mr.Wilson and Love of The Beach Boys and wanted to meet you lads,”

They all stood up and shook hands with both Brian Wilson and Mike Love and indulged in a conversation,leaving Michelle and Pattie sitting on the sofa.Michelle ran her hand over her face and stood up,suddenly feeling nauseous and her world started to spin.Pattie placed her hand on Michelle's upper arm to keep her up, “Where you going,love?”

“I need some air-I'll be back,”She stated making her way towards the door.Pattie let her go since there was nothing she could do to stop her.Maybe the air would do her some good at the least.Before walking out,she tapped Ringo on the shoulder and whispered in his ear.He nodded and pecked her cheek,before letting her leave the dressing room.Michelle sighed heavily once she left the dressing room and made her way over to a couple of chairs that sat against the wall.It seemed more cooler out there then in the dressing room.

She sat down and groaned,as a sudden pain shot through her stomach and up into her chest.She had no idea what would cause her to have this sudden pain,it's not like she ate anything bad or anything at all.

Paul watched as Michelle made her way out of the room.He looked back to Pattie and noticed a look of worry cross her face as she sat down on the sofa.Paul quickly excused himself from the group,making an excuse to use the washroom.He slipped out of the room and made his way down the hall,turning the corner and seeing her sit in a velvet chair with her head hung low.Her hands were softly rubbing her stomach.Paul slowly advanced towards her, “You alright,love?”

Michelle looked up at him and nodded, “I'm alright-Just not feeling too well,”

Paul sat down in the chair next to her and ran his hand up and down her back, “You need me to get you anything?”

“Yea-Maybe some water?”She asked.Paul made his way to stand up before Michelle placed her hand on his.He stopped and looked down at her, “Thank you,”

He smiled and quickly made his way back to the room,grabbing a cup of water.The others especially Ringo looked at him curiously, “Everything alright,Paul?”

“Yea-I'm just grabbing Michelle some water,”Paul said quickly before throwing the door open.

“Is she alright?”Ringo asked before Paul left.He twisted his lip and nodded slowly.

“Yea-Just needs water thats all mate,no worries,”Paul said before leaving the room and making his way back to Michelle.She was still in the same position since he last saw her,head hung low. “ 'Er you go,”He passed her the cold cup of water with her taking a gulp of the soothing liquid.Paul sat down next to her and took the empty cup from her,as she ran her hand across her forehead, “You don't look well,love,”

“I'll be fine Paul-Seriously”Michelle replied peeling a piece of hair hanging in her face.

Paul twisted his lip, “I'm guessing your excited for this vacation more then we are,eh?”

Michelle couldn't help but chuckle and lean back on her knees, “You guys deserve to have a vacation-I'm just tagging along for the ride,”

“Rubbish-You deserve it as much as us,being tough an taking all of this-Both you and Pattie,”He replied rubbing his hands on his trousers.He threw the empty cup into a near trash can and turned back to Michelle.

“I guess-Looks like Jane got out while she could,”Michelle said making both her and Paul chuckle.Paul sighed heavily and dropped his shoulders.Jane had left before they started the back to back shows.But it was nice to have some freedom at the moment.

“Yea,”He sighed, “Oh well-She had to work,and it's nice to get away from each other once in a while,”Michelle nodded and dropped her gaze to the ground.Suddenly,Paul couldn't stop his actions as he peeled another piece of hair that fell into Michelle's face and place it behind her ear.He could sense her tense underneath his touch and cocked her head to look at him.Paul swallowed down hard and quickly thought of an excuse for the sudden contact.Slickly,he ran his hand over her forehead, “You have a fever,love,”

“Oh,”She whispered as Paul's hand fell back into his lap.

“Paul,”Brian's voice came from the end of the hallway.Paul twisted in his seat to look at his manager, “Come on-Need to be getting ready,”

“Michelle has a fever-She's sick,”He replied as Ringo walked around the corner and eyed the two.He quickly made his way to kneel infront of Michelle.

“What's wrong?”Ringo asked looking from Paul to Michelle.

“I just have a fever,Ringo-Nothing big,”She said and ran her hand across his face.Brian walked up to the trio and watched on.

“We'll get a nurse to check up on you while the lads get ready,”Brian stated as Michelle eyed Ringo. “Now come on,alls good,”Brian turned on his heel and made his way back to the dressing room with Paul following suit.He glanced over his shoulder at Ringo and Michelle before turning the corner.

Ringo ran his hand over her cheek, “You are bloody hot-Maybe you should go back to the hotel room,”

“God no-Please no,”Michelle quickly said,as her hands shot to his shoulders.Thats the last place she wanted to be at the moment.Ringo chuckled and shook his head.

“Alright-Then the nurse will do you good,”He said giving her a quick kiss.He pulled away with wide eyes and grunted, “Bah-Whatever your sick with,it's goin' to infect me,”

Michelle chuckled and squinted at him, “Well if you put it that way-Give me another kiss,”She pulled him towards her trying to kiss his face,but Ringo pulled away from her.He chuckled and kissed her cheek.

“Thats as close of a kiss your getting 'till your better,Miss,”Ringo said and slipped his hand into hers, “I have a low immune system,you know-I was sick as a child,”

Michelle chuckled and stood up,pulling Ringo along with her, “Oh Ringo-Come on,don't want to disappoint your fans now,would you?”Ringo smiled widely as Michelle pulled him around the corner and they made their way back towards the dressing room.