Till There Was You

25

Image
Michelle walked out of the washroom holding a cloth to her head.It began throbbing immensely after the guys left the dressing room to go play.And the sound echoing down the hallway from the Stadium was making it worse.All she could hear was the shrieking screams and banging of Ringo's bass drum ring out through her ear drums.

It wasn't a pleasant feeling.

She walked over to one of the chairs sitting in front of the mirror and sat down.Closing her eyes and taking in the peace,she was soon disrupted by the door flying open and Pattie walking into the room.Michelle twisted in her chair and looked over at the blonde as she made her way to her.

"Michelle,"She asked curiously like it was a question more then a statement,"You feeling better,love?"

"A little bit.My heads bothering me though,"She replied taking the cloth from her forehead.

"Well thats not good-How's your bruise doin'?"Pattie asked.

"Alright,it's almost gone,"Michelle parted her bangs to show Pattie her forehead.Her eyes scanned over Michelle's face and nodded.

"It's lookin' better then it did before.Did you want anything to take away the pain?"

"No,It's just a headache.It'll go away once the noise stops,"Michelle said putting the cloth down on the counter.

"Congratulations by the way,love,"Pattie said cheerily wrapping her arms around Michelle's shoulders.She froze into her grip,a bit taken back about the sudden encounter. "George told me before he went on the stage,"

She pulled away from Michelle and sat down in a chair beside her,"You must be really excited,huh?"

"I'm sorry Pattie,But I have no idea what your talking about,"Michelle asked curiously."What did George tell you?"

"I was told that you were pregnant,"Pattie said flatly.Michelle's face dropped,a sudden shock running through her body,"Ringo's a bit tussled up about it,but he'll get ov.."

"Wait-What,where did you hear this from?"Michelle asked.

"George?"She said,"Well,apparently Ringo told George and then George told me to keep an eye on you,"

Michelle raked her hand through her hair nervously.There was no way that she was pregnant."There's some sort of misunderstanding here,cause I'm not,"

"Well you can't be too sure.But you have been acting weirdly,love,"

"No,definitely not.I'm sure,"Michelle bit down on her lip and zoned out as the guys walked into the room.First George,John,Ringo and Paul.Michelle cocked her head up and glared over at Paul who sat down on the sofa next to John.

"Everything alright?"George asked placing his hand on Patties shoulder and glancing over at Michelle.

"Everythings fine-Just a little girl talk,"She said shooting Michelle a smile,"I'll talk to you later,"She stood from her chair and walked over to the banquet table with George.Michelle sighed and hung her head low,raking her hands through her hair.

"Ey,you feeling better?"Ringo's voice cooed above her.Michelle looked up at him as he bit into his green apple.Michelle stood up and wrapped her arms around his waist,leaning her head against his chest.Ringo chuckled lowly,"I'm takin' that as a no,then,"

"I'm fine,"She mumbled,"You actually think I could be pregnant?"

Ringo pierced his lips together and shrugged, "There's a possibility.If not,then it's a misunderstanding.I just don't understand why you couldn't tell me yourself,"

Michelle stuttered to speak or better yet,couldn't find the right thing to say.She didn't know how to play this out or what Paul had planned with this whole thing.This all was a complete shock to her."I thought you were going to leave me,"

"I wouldn't leave you,"Ringo said lowly parting a piece of Michelle's bangs and shoving the apple in her face,"Bite?"She chuckled softly and bit into the apple,"But I must admit,It took me by surprise,"

Michelle hugged Ringo closer to her and turned her head,"Oh believe me,it took me by surprise also,"She glared over in Paul's direction,catching his eye instantly.He twisted his lip and shrugged his shoulders,like he had nothing to do with it.But Michelle knew it was all planned out,both between him and Lennon.

Those boys are in for it when we get on the plane,Michelle thought to herself and looked back up at Ringo."So are you excited to leave?"

"The anticipation has me shakin in me trousers,"Ringo chuckled,"Especially when your comin' back-I'm tellin' you,once you've been there.Your not goin' to want to go back,"

"Is that right?"

"I know it is,"Ringo said leaning down and pecking her on the lips,"Now come on,lets grab a couple more of those apples for the trip,"He slipped his hand into Michelle's and pulled her over to the banquet table,grabbing a couple of apples and slipping them into his pockets,"Can't have enough of these,"

"I can tell,"Michelle chuckled as her stomach turned drastically.She looked down at the shrimp plate,and all she wanted to do is vomit.The sudden smell just didn't suit well with her stomach.She furrowed her brow and bit down on her lip.

Nausea.Sudden mood swings.High emotional levels.The need to vomit almost instantly,or often.

"Alright,I think I have enough,"Ringo's said turning back to Michelle.She snapped out of it and smiled fakily,"You lads ready to go?"They all groaned in response.

"Me leg ligaments are all solid,"John moaned as he leaned further back into the sofa.

"We'll have Paul give you a rub down on the plane with his miracle hands.,"Ringo laughed as Paul shot him a dirty look.

"My hands may work miracles,but I'm not touching John with 'em,"Paul said.

"Stop complain', and lets go,"George said.