Till There Was You

26

Image
After leaving the Stadium,they made their way to the airport,dodging the fans waiting outside and boarded the plane to England.Michelle was nervous for the long ride there as her stomach twisted and turned before even boarding.Ringo reassured her by wrapping his arm around her tightly.

They sat in their regular seats,George and Pattie sitting across from Ringo and Michelle while John and Paul sat up near the front where Brian was.Michelle lightly bit down on her lip as she thought of standing up and going to talk to Paul and John.The thought played out in her head several times on how she'd bring it up to them,but it never ended successfully.

Michelle stood up slowly,excusing herself from the rest,"Where you goin'?Ringo asked as he played with a apple in his hands.

"To talk with Paul and John.I'll be right back,"She said kissing his cheek and walking up towards the front.Paul and John were in deep discussion until John caught Michelle's eye and leaned further in his seat.

"Ey Mich,"He said causing Paul to cock his head in her direction as she sat in the seat across from him.

"Hey.Do you mind if I talk to Paul for a second?"

"Oh,"John said lowly,"Alright,I'll just go and get a snack then,"He stood from his seat and made his way towards the back of the plane.Michelle twisted her lip as she eyed Paul nervously shifting in his seat.Michelle shifted into John's seat that sat rat across from Paul.

"Paul,why did you tell Ringo that I was pregnant?"Michelle spoke in a hushed tone.

"I knew you were goin' to bring that up,"He replied playing with his fingers nervously,"And honestly,it was just a thought.A spur of the moment type thing..I didn't mean to rally the lad up too much,"

"Yea but you got him thinking that I am,"Michelle replied.

"What if you are?"He asked cocking his eyebrow,"I mean,you haven't been yourself lately,love.You've been a bloody moody cow,"

"Cow?"She said rather offended.

"Lady.What I mean is,well you know what I mean."Paul replied raking his hand through his hair and biting down on his finger nails.

"Stop that,"Michelle swatted his hand away from his mouth,"Paul,I'm not pregnant,"

"Then it was a misunderstanding-Thats all you need to tell him,"Paul whispered lowly making sure no one was listening to their conversation.

"I was going to tell him the truth,why couldn't you let me just do it?"Michelle asked seriously,furrowing her brows together."I don't know if you made this situation better or worse,"

Paul sighed and dropped his hands,enveloping hers with his.He rubbed his thumb over hers softly,"Mich-I didn't let you tell him cos I didn't want to see the lad hurt.I didn't want to see any of you hurt and you were right when you said it would effect not just you but the whole band."Paul replied looking up at her,"I don't want to loose you again and what we have now,cos we sorted everything out and put it behind us.So lets leave it there,whats done is done.Nobody needs to know,"

"But what if he finds out down the road?"Michelle asked.Paul chewed down on his lip in thought.

"I don't know-We'll think about that when the time comes.But 'till then,lets worry about whats happenin' now,alright love?"Michelle sighed and nodded slowly,"Besides,you want to be with him and you'd only hurt yourself by tellin' him,"

Michelle peeled her gaze away from Paul and looked down at the ground.I think I'd be hurting myself even more by not telling him.

"Alright,"Michelle said lowly shooting him a shy smile as John walked back to his seat holding a pack of American candy."You two done your gossipin' or do I have to go back and spinge for some more candy?"

Michelle chuckled and dropped her hand from Paul's,"Where finished,"She said shifting over to the next seat so John could sit down,"I want some of those by the way,"John popped another candy in his mouth.

"Get you bloody own,Ole Mum,"He muffled,sucking down on its sourly taste.Michelle groaned and lunged for the bag in his hands.

"Give me some,Lennon,"She threatened grabbing the bag in his hands and pulling it towards her.Paul chuckled and rubbed away the sleep from his eyes.

He coughed lowly,"Mood swings,"

"No mood swings,"Michelle glared at him and yanked the bag from John's grasp,causing the bag to split open and the candy to spill across the floor.Michelle laughed as John frowned and glared at her.

"Now look at what you did-You can go and get me another one,y'know,"He said picking up some from his lap and eating them.Michelle huffed and crossed her arms across her chest.

"Get your own,you old git,"Michelle said standing from her seat and making her way towards the back.John glared at her until she sat down next to Ringo,then looked down at his lap where some left over candy was.

"Takin' my candy.She doesn't know what I had to go through to get that candy,son,"John said looking at Paul.He chuckled softly.

"Oh,I can imagine,mate,"He replied and sat back in his seat.He folded his hands neatly in his lap and finally relaxed,hearing John mumble and eat his candy in peace.Finally he had a clear peaceful mind with nothing to worry about.Ringo and Michelle were still alright,John was upset about his candy and George and Pattie were just as dandy and jolly.Everyone was alright,but him.He had worried so much about this Ringo and Michelle issue so much that he hadn't really thought about Jane and their engagement at all.He was going' to ask her once she got home from her tour.

He loved her,but didn't really connect with her too often.He just need someone to be there for him and make him happy.Paul sighed heavily and twisted his lip,looking out the window.He had saved Michelle from making the worst mistake of her life,and he didn't want to risk loosing the lass again permanently.It was true he came up with a white lie on the top of his head,and who knows it could be true.He didn't know.

All he knew is that if she was,possibly that time at the lake could turn out to be the most important moment of his life.