Mayberry Academy

Chapter Twelve - Old friends

Kailey’s POV

I walked closer to them and the girl turned around and smiled at me. She was a pretty girl with black hair cut just a little above her shoulders. Jason stood up.

“Hey Kailey!” She knew my name? Well I guess I was starting to get popular around here. I haven’t figured out if that’s a good thing or a bad thing yet. I’m leaning towards the latter. “I’m Cassie.” She raised her hand to shake mine. “It’s so nice to finally meet you.”

“Oh uh hi. Nice to meet you, too,” I said to her. She seemed really…peppy. Nice though. Jason laughed.

“Cassie’s one of the few here who’ve known me since pre school.” Cassie smiled.

“We tried dating back in middle school, that didn’t go so well did it Jace?” He looked a little embarrassed but he just shook his head. “Anyways I just came over here to say hi to Jace and then he told me he was waiting for you and I thought I’d make an attempt to meet the famous new girl.” She smiled at me again. “What grade are you in by the way? I’m a Junior. Jason‘s a Sophomore.”

“I’m a Sophomore,” I told her. It didn’t really shock me that Jason was in the same grade as me.

“Oh well then good luck. Hopefully you won’t have Mrs. Vaughn. She’s awful; she teaches history…” She looked off as if remembering what exactly must’ve been awful last year for her. “Anyways if you get lost or need any help or if Jason’s being a pain,” he glared at her but she just smirked, “feel free to come talk to me. I’ll be happy to help you get around.” She looked at her phone. “It’s almost 2 already can you believe that? I gotta go though so I’ll catch you guys later.” I thanked her and she ran off. Jason was looking out after her

“She seems nice.” I said to him.

“Hmm..” He said. Then looked at me. “Oh yeah she’s nice. She’s a good friend too, she’s always helping somebody around.” We stood there for about a minute in silence. I wanted to ask him why it didn’t work out for them when they went out, but I didn’t want to make things awkward. Besides, it wasn’t really any of my business anyways.

Jason’s phone buzzed, breaking the silence, and he took it out, looking at his messages.

“Hey I have some things I need to do, can we talk later?” he asked. Guess his friends think he’s spending too much time with me. I still can’t believe that we’re actually getting a long now. He was such a jerk yesterday, he must be trying to make up for it.

“Yeah that’s cool, I need to make a few phone calls anyways.” I smiled at him and he smiled back before walking away.

I decided I’d text Holly and Shane to keep them up to date. Jarrod had to be at work now, he worked as a waiter at his uncle’s diner. A wave of nostalgia came over me as I thought about how different everything was going to be without them. I missed them so much. At my old school I didn’t have to worry about anyone hating me; here it was almost instantaneous. Part of me was wishing my father never would’ve sent me here, another was wondering if things would change next semester when I could get a different room. Would I be able to make it through this semester? I sighed as I pulled out my phone. I’ll just have to wait and see what the future has in store for me.

I thought again of how nice Jason was acting. Those little flutters again. Please do not let me start liking him that way, I thought. I love Jarrod, and nobody is going to tear that away. I just want friendships. I’m going to need friends here, and I think I’m going to have a hell of a time with the girls here, aside from Ami.

I started walking back towards my dorm while I sent out texts to my two best friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I suuuuupppeerrr apologize for not updating in over a year. I stopped getting on here because I never had time to and I stopped writing for the longest time. I'm going to start writing again though, picking up where I left off. This chapter isn't that long, I just wrote it. But the next chapter is going to be better (: I'm really sorry I haven't kept this updated :( I promise I'll try to write as often as I can!
Let me know what you think or comment on anything!