Mayberry Academy

Chapter Seven - We gotta talk

Kailey’s POV

We made it back to the dorms and I started to head toward my room when Ami stopped me.

“Hey what are you doing for the rest of the night?” she asked. I shrugged. Honestly I didn’t know. And it was heading on 8:00. My plan had been to im or text my friends back home, see what I was missing out on, but I could always do that later, couldn’t I? “Why don’t you come to the theatre and watch a movie with us?”

Wait, a theatre, was she for real? I stared at her with what I felt was a shocked expression. She laughed.

“Sorry, I keep forgetting your new here. We have a theatre in the recreational building. Trust me, it’s amazing. Takes some getting used to though.” She laughed again.

“Oh,” I laughed, too, “Who are you going with?” She smiled.

“Oh, just Lance and Justin, Emma and Sara, you don’t know them,” and lowering her voice and speeding up, “Possibly Jason, and --”

“Wait, Jason? He’s going too?” I asked.

“Well, yeah,” she said, hoping I’d go with it anyways. Well, I thought, it would give me some time to talk to Jason. But I sighed.

“How about another time,” I said. This time she sighed.

“It’s because he’s going isn’t it?” she said. “Are you like afraid to talk to him or something?”

“Huh?” I said and then widened my eyes. “Oh no, it’s not that, it’s just I’m tired and after all I do have jet lag.” As soon as I said that I felt myself getting tired. It was around 11:00 back home. Wow.

“Oh, well okay then. Text me if you change your mind,” she said and then walked away.

I walked back to my room and pulled out my key. I was shocked I actually remembered to carry it with me. I unlocked the door and walked in.

When I got inside I shut the door and checked to see if Jason was in here. Seeing that he wasn’t I grabbed some clothes from my bag and went into the bathroom. Maybe a hot shower would wake me up.

Jason’s POV

I was walking back to the dorms when I saw Ami and Kailey walking ahead of me. Was she everywhere I was? Or was I just imagining things? I decided I didn’t want to hear what they were talking about so I decided to sit on one of the benches. Maybe the cool air would clear my head a bit. It was relatively cooler now. I felt my phone vibrate and I pulled it out.
Message from Lance.

Lance: Whr r u?

I sighed. Then I typed back a message.

Me: outside dorms. Whr u @?

Lance: REC build. U shld come

I didn’t really want to go. I looked up and saw that Ami and Kailey were gone.

Me: Maybe l8r. g2g.

I shut my phone and went into the building. I didn’t really want to talk to Kailey, but I thought we should. After all, we were going to be spending a semester together as roommates. We might as well get to know each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
short and sweet lol
nxt chapter will be longer i promise.
i just was running out of ideas
sry for the late update , havent had much time to write
so plz let me know wat u think =]