Thoughts Are So Tempting

Birthday Luck

Things between Frank and I have grown tremendously over the past week. We were, as Mikey put it, 'so cute together it makes me phsyically sick.' I haven't been away from Frank for longer than twelve hours since we got together. And those twelve hours were only to ensure that I got enough sleep so that I could focus all my attention to my amazing boyfriend when I saw him later.

After the gathering on Sunday with Collin, he left in a bitter mood. Before leaving he whispered in my ear, "You can do so much better than this guy." But, I ignored the comment and let him leave withouth me getting angry. I cared so much about Frank it hurt, and I knew he felt the same way. So, I wasn't planning on letting anything anyone else say ruin it for me.

Today, as it happened to be, was May 29th. This day was extremely important in my life because it was the begining of my....well, life. It was my birthday, and I had never been happier when I woke up that morning.

I got dressed and ready to go in fast time. And my hair wasn't actually freaking out on me. "Birthday luck!" I thought outloud.

I skipped down the stairs and into the kitchen to see a card sitting on the counter. I opened it smiling, but it was instantly washed away. My mom had said in short words that she was going away for the weekend, leaving that morning and that she was sorry she missed my birthday. She included money in the card, but it was only pizza money. Not birthday money.

God, did that just kill all my joy. I know I'm not always fond of my mother but she's still special to me and I would have liked to spend my birthday with her at one point or another.

I tried to shrug off my newly formed bad mood before grabbing a toaster strudle and leaving the house. I had to walk, seeing as how my mom was gone. It was humid out and my hair began to friz insanely. I grumbled, remembering how good it looked earlier that morning.

I took a bite into my strawberry toaster strudle only to get a huge squirting noise back. I looked down at my shool shirt to see that the stupid food had spit the jam out on my white uniform. "Fuck!" I yelled as I tried to wipe it off, but having no such luck.

Giving up on my shirt, and refusing to turn around and risk being late to school, I carried onward. I continued walking all the way until the school building came into view. I sighed, unintentionally, for being there. Now my day was going to get better. No more bad luck.

I noticed Mikey, Gerard, and Bob all standing by the front door as I was getting closer and I quickened my pace to get to them. Being the clumsy idiot I was, it was only natural for me to trip on a crack in the sidewalk and fall. I swore again as I looked down at my knees which were now bleeding. Dizziness overtook me as I fought the urge to vomit from the site of blood.

I stood up and slowly walked towards the guys who had been joined by Ray. "Hey Emma." Mikey smiled as I neared them.

"Hey." I mumbled.

I heard Bob cough back a laugh while taking a sip of his coffee. "What the hell happened to you?" he asked. I glared at him.

"My mom had a business meeting, so I had to walk to school. My breakfast revolted against me, I tripped walking here, and my hair has frizzed out." I explained.

"You look like me!" Ray beamed. I grumbled at him and punched his shoulder.

"I'm not taking that as a compliment."

"I would." Ray interjected.

Mikey laughed. "Of course you would, you're you." Ray merely shrugged in reply.

I looked over at Gerard who had been extremely quiet the entire time I had been there. He was grinning like a madman at me. "What's with you?" I asked him, feeling like I knew what was coming. It seemed only Gerard would remember my birthday.

"Do you know what today is?" he asked, ignoring my question. I nodded, smiling. "Today is... the last day of school for seniors!" My smile was wiped away. Gerard hadn't remembered. And to top it off, it was his and Ray's last day at school with me, forever.

"Holy shit! I forgot that today was the twenty ninth!" Ray yelled right by my ear.

I heard a voice behind me and smiled involuntary. "Now, why does that day sound so important to me?" I turned around to see Frank grinning his toothy grin down at me.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and gave him a much needed hug, on my part. "Hey babe."

"Hey" he said. "Why do I get a hug today and not everyother day?"

I pulled my head off of his chest and looked up into his eyes. He seriously couldn't have forgotten too. "I really need one today." was all I responded.

He smiled and hugged me closer. I breathed in the scent of him that I had grown accustomed too. Cigarrets and coffee beans. It was intoxicating.

"Dude! I don't have to go to fucking highschool anymore!" Gerard yelled at Frank, making him pull away from me slightly.

"Lucky ass." he mumbled.

"Where are you going to school?" Bob asked Gerard. This only seemed to make his smile grow more.

"I'm going to New York School of Visual Arts." he replied, proudly. From there the conversation only seemed to revolve around Ray and Gerard and their college plans.

Gerard seemed ten times happier when he mentioned the fact that Shelly was at the same school he was, and his relationship with her was 'sure to magnify ten times greater.' I don't see how much farther, though. They already proclaimed their love for each other and Gerard is moving into her flat in the city at the begining of the school year.

Together with Frank, the boys slowly were able to be convinced to move into the school so I could get my stuff out of my locker.

"Fuck it all!" I yelled the minute I saw my locker in view. Out of habit I always grab for my backpack and swing it around before I get to my locker. I just realized that my backpack wasn't on my back at all. I just pictured it sitting back at home, right by the front door, where I had left it earlier in the morning.

"What?" Frank asked concerned.

I ran a hand through my dried, frizzed out hair. "I left my backpack at home. There was an essay I need due first class." I explained.

"Do you want me to go get it?" he questioned. I smiled slightly from how sweet my boyfriend was.

"No, Frank. I'll just go the day without it. Can I borrow a pen though?" I asked, sadly. He nodded and dug into his pocket and pulled out a half gnawed to death pencil. I grimaced and took it.

"Sorry about the bite marks. The pen is Gerard's. I stole it from his car last week." he told me. I laughed and gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Well, I guess I have no need for my locker being open anymore." I sighed, slamming the locker door closed. Only, the door closed on my fingers. I dropped my books as I gasped in pain.

"Birthday luck, my ass." I mumbled.

"What was that?" Mikey asked from my side.

I sighed, heavily, still gripping my fingers. "Nothing. It was nothing."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I forgot to post the ending.
I'm sorry!