Thoughts Are So Tempting

The End

"This sucks!" I groaned, slamming my head down on the lunch table. I repeated this for a few more seconds before Frank gently grabbed my head in his hands and forced me to look into his eyes.

"Emma, it's one bad grade. Don't freak about it." His words of comfort did little for me.

I just pulled my head out of his hands and began slamming it down on the table again. "It's not just the grade, Frank." I said while hitting my head. "Today sucks overall."

"Don't say that!" Gerard yelled, sitting down next to me. "Today is special, for all of us."

I got slightly anxious. Maybe at one point during the day he had actually remembered what today was. "Oh, yeah. Why?"

"Because, today is the last day of everything being the same for all of us. Tomorrow, you all will come to school, and me and Ray won't be here and you'll all be looking amongst yourselves for entertainment." he explained, while my hopes sank completely. "Jeeze, Em. We explained this, this morning."

"Yeah, I know." I mumbled. "I guess I have other things on my mind."

The boys just shrugged and began to eat their lunches. I still refused to eat lunch at school. It bothered me.

In the middle of a conversation between Frank and Bob about superheros Mr. Jones had stopped infront of our table, silencing everyone. I looked up at him. "Emma, I just wanted to apologize for having to give you such a bad grade today." I could feel the boys' eyes turn to look at me but, I stared forward at Mr. Jones, seeing as how he was still talking. "I just hope you're not upset about it. One grade like that won't ruin your average." He smiled once he was finished.

I put a sheepish grin on my face. "It's fine, Mr. Jones."

He nodded and turned to walk away before stopping and looking back at me. "Oh! And I forgot to say, Happy Birthday!"

My jaw dropped in shock. I cannot believe that my English teacher remembered and my best friends didn't. "Thank you." I half whispered, half mouthed. He walked away a second later.

I turned back to the guys who were either looking at me in sadness, or staring down at the floor in embarrassment.

"I feel like a fucking idiot." Frank mumbled next to me, putting his arm around my waist and squeezing me closer to him. "I forgot my own girlfriends birthday." I looked over at him, and he was staring at the table, scowling.

"Frank" I tried to get him to look at me, but he wouldn't look me in the eye. "Frank." I repeated. He still wouldn't look. I sighed and looked at the other guys.

Mikey seemed like he was about to beg for forgivness. "Emma-" Mikey started with a sigh but I cut him off with my hand.

"Look, if you, Gerard, Ray, Bob, or Frank even try to apologize for forgetting my birthday, I will beat you with a heavily spiked stick. I'm fine with it. Yeah, I was a little upset about the whole thing at first but, I'm not mad at you guys. So, just chill and don't worry about it." I told them all, looking around at all their faces to know that I was serious. They all nodded and grinned at me.

Frank finally looked up from the table and leaned in and kissed me sweetly on the lips. "I was going to bring you with me somewhere afterschool today, do you have plans with your mom?" he asked after he pulled away. I smiled and shook my head 'no.'

"Alright, just wait for me afterschool by your locker than."

I laughed. "Like I don't already do that everyday." He chuckled too.

"Okay, fine. Just do what we do every other day of our lives." I nodded and kissed him again before the lunch bell rang and we all stood up to go to class.

------------------------

I walked out of the gym feeling absolutely disgusting. It was hot out today, and running around in a gym with no aircondition did not make it any cooler. Adding to the grossness, I had to put back on my stained white shirt that reeked of strawberries, but not in a good way.

The only thing that lightened my mood was the fact that as I turned to go back to my locker, Frank was leaning up against it with my most favorite toothy grin on his face.

"Hey Em." He said, while coming over and giving me a peck on my forehead. It was such a sweet gesture.

"Hey Frank." I leaned upwards and kissed his forehead too. He just laughed. I quickly put my books away in my locker, except for the ones I would need for homework and shut it. "So, where are we going?" I asked, shifting my books onto my hips from the heaviness of them. Frank quickly grabbed some out of my hands and took them in his own.

"Thank you." I smiled at him. With our free hands, we entwined them and continued out of the building.

"So, where are we going?" I repeated after a few minutes of walking down the road.

"The park." was all he replied. When I tried to ask why he just shushed me. I pouted.

For such a hot day, the park actually seemed bearable. Frank and I walked over to the bench that I always sit at. I leaned my head on Frank's shoulder and just looked at the lake for a little while. It was nice.

After what I can only assume to be around fifteen minutes Frank pulled away to look at me. I looked back at him. He looked happy and nervous?

"Emma." He said quietly. I just nodded, urging him to continue. "I wanted to.. uhm give y-you something. It's not your birthday present, but I wanted to give this to you anyways."

"Okay." I grinned at him. He put his hand into his pants pocket and fumbled around for a second before grabbing something and pulling it out. He kept it in his fist so I couldn't see what it was.

He moved closer to me and opened his hand. In it was a small silver chain with a guitar pick hanging from the center of it. The pick was white and etched into it was lopsided heart.

It was beautiful.

I slowly reached my hands out and took it from him, to hold it in my own. As I gazed at the heart Frank began to talk. "I wanted to give you something, to show you that this is for real with me. It's suppose to be like a promise ring, but not as corny." He stopped to awkwardly chuckle. I knew there was more so I just looked up into his eyes and let him continue. "I guess what I'm trying to say with this is that you have my heart, Emma. You have it completely. And that I.. I love you."

I was holding back tears. I was trying so hard not to cry. "You said, that this wasn't a birthday present." I started, and he looked up at me with slight worry. "But, this has got to be the best thing I've ever gotten in my life. This is the best birthday of my life!" I laughed, and threw my arms around him and kissing him. All the other kisses with Frank had been amazing but this one was by far the best. Fuck the fireworks. This was ten time better.

After what felt like a very short amount of time we pulled away. I looked right into Frank's eyes and uttered the words that I knew I wouldn't regret for the rest of my life.

"I love you, Frank Iero."
♠ ♠ ♠
I want to thank all of you who have commented and messaged me about this story. I appriciate each and every one of you guys. You made me want to continue.
However, there really won't be a sequel to this story. I've gone as far as I want to with Emma and Frank.
But, if you're looking for another crazy romance about Frank, I have another one that's got almost thirty chapters up. It's called Blinded. Read it if you haven't gotten your fill yet of dear Franky boy. :]

I'm sorry this took so long to come out!