There's this boy I like...

The First "I Love You" is the Best

“You are my life now…”

“Aiden!!!”

I screamed as I ran towards my best friend, turned boyfriend.

“Hi, Jenna! Wait what are you doing… AH!”

He yelped as I pounced on him, making us both tumble to the ground.

“Ugh, I’m not calling you fat but, at least I could catch my sister.”

Aiden said standing and grabbing my hand lightly as he helped me up.

“At least I’m not trying to be the next Jolene Van Vugt!”

I said sticking my tongue out at him. It’s a inside joke with us. He’s always trying to be the next Travis Pastrana. He gets on his dirt bike and ramps it but when he tries to do a trick he always falls. Aiden swears that someday all of our classmates and I will regret making fun of him, but as long as his mom and I are alive, that boy won’t do anything that could possibly lead him to death.

“With enough work you could be just like her! I can see it now “And, for the first time ever, the first woman to land a double back flip, Jenna Pratt!”

Aiden joked as he intertwined our fingers and started to walk.

“Yeah, like that’s ever going to happen! Where are we going anyway?”

I asked him as he started to walk down this clear, dirt pathway.

“You’ll see when we get there”

Aiden said as looked over at me and gave me a questionable look because he knew how mad I could get if I didn’t know what was going on at a certain moment.

“Okay… “

I sighed as we continued to walk.

Oh, Aiden. His parents were nice to me. Probably because his my mom and I got along extremely good. His mom, like me, worried almost obsessively over his health. Neither her nor I wanted him to stop chasing his dream but it is and was scary. He was so close to death once.

It was just another normal day when it happened. I went over to his house and he was so excited about the thing he was going to show me. He was going to do a front flip but something totally different happened. He was in the air then BAM! All of his weight landed on his back. It was just like what happened to Jim DeChamp during the X-Games. Except when Jim did it… he broke his back.

I ran over to were Aiden lay. He wasn’t saying anything just staring off into space. As tears ran down my face I ran back up to his house to get his parents. His dad called 911 and soon the ambulance was there and they took him to the hospital. He wasn’t okay, but at least he didn’t break his back. He just bruised his spinal cord. To this day, it was one of the most scariest days ever.

“Jenna! Are you okay?”

Aiden yelled at me breaking out of me out of my thoughts.

“Oh! Um… yeah…”

I said trying to come back down.

“Jenna, something’s wrong. You know you can tell me anything.”

“Aiden I’m serious it’s nothing.”

“I’ve known you for most of my life, I know when something is wrong.”

He said as he stopped walking and turned me around so I looked directly into his dull blue eyes.

“Well… its just… you know how you got hurt…

“Yeah…”

“Well, I was just thinking about it and what would I do if you… like died…”

“Oh, Jenna…”

Aiden said pulling me into his soft embrace.

“You know why I had us walk all the way out here?”

He questioned as I looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

“No why?”

“Just look.”

I looked up and we were almost surrounded by trees but the sun was shining through the gap were they split.

“Aiden… it’s just…w-”

He cut off there

“Wonderful I know, the reason I brought you here was to say, I know that you worry about me a lot, who wouldn’t. But, I just want you to know that if I some how die and your left alone, I will always be here with you. My body physically won’t be here but the memory of me and my spirit will never leave you. You’re the most important person to me now.”

“Oh my A-”

“Jenna, for once in your life be quiet.”

He said in a joking manner. I blushed and looked down. I soon felt his fingers gently lifting my chin so I looked him in the eye.

“Jenna… I Love You.”

He then sealed that with a kiss. I couldn’t be anymore happier.

As I laid in bed that night I thought about the past months with Aiden. He can be one of the most nerve racking people ever… but I wouldn’t want him any other way. The first “I Love You” is and forever will be the best.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nitro Circus is on tonight!