Just So You Know

Laundry Detergent

“Excuse me, miss! Where might I find ‘Tide: With Triple Action’ laundry detergent?”

This man takes no time to look for himself where he may find the laundry detergent. I can tell he is a selfish one; although, the man did seem friendly enough for he was clean cut and proper. A very nice man compared to some of the dirty, old homeless men, looking for money and women to please them. I’m sure I could trust myself to walk this man to the ‘cleaning products’ isle.

“This way sir, Isle 28. You may also find laundry detergent in isle 5. Although most are in isle 28.” I say in a slow and collective voice. I need a pay rise. A practiced voice in my head tells me, “Be friendly to the customers, they will say good things about you to your employer.” Maybe then I could get paid enough to keep a share of my money for my own use. Maybe I could even save some so I could leave Jordan. I fear that my make up isn’t covering up my bruises as well as it used too.

“Thank you, very much appreciated.” The man mumbles underneath his breath once we reach isle 28, labeled ‘Cleaning Products’.

Returning back to my post, restocking empty shelves that should be filled with ‘Captain Crunch’ cereal, in isle 2, Mr. Jones, Bill, my employer, boss, ‘Big-Cheese’ greets me with a smile I know as, ‘I’ve got more work for you. So you will never have to go home!’ I know he thinks he is doing me a favor, but in reality it just makes my boyfriend angrier when I arrive home later then usual.

“I would like you to stay an extra hour, and work at cash number 7. Ashley has come down with a horrific cold; she can’t stop sneezing! And Tom is all together not in his right mind. You heard about his mother I suppose?”

I nod, cause I know he expects me to be listening, but nobody really listens to him when he talks. His speeches make all obout hf the staff at ‘Super Groceries’ secretly laugh for weeks at a time. Tom makes the best jokes though. Bill is right on that one, Tom is just not the same. Since the day we all found out his mother, hanging herself off the bridge in her hometown during the night. I feel terrible for the fellow. I actually rather liked him, for a muggle. Just as I get back to finish restocking the shelves in isle 2, Bill interrupts me once again.

“Oh, and Caty! Don’t forget to restock the shelves in isle 3, 5, 6 and 7 before the end of your shift. Or you may not get your paycheck may severe…”

When the ‘Big-Cheese’ mentions your paycheck, you nod and get back to work as soon as possible.

Once I see him leave the isle, and turn round the corner, I check the isle I need to restock to make sure they are empty. Once I am completely positive that there is no body around, I pull out my wand and cast a spell to restock all the shelves. Magic makes Life so much easier.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

“Where da hell ‘ave you been!” Jordan bellows into my face as he grabs my arm firmly and pulls me closer to him, so my face is near his. All I can smell is the beer on his breath. He’s been drinking.

My arm is bruising. He holds it too tight.

“Mr. Jones made me stay at work to cover Ashley’s shift at cash. She is sick.” I say bitterly towards him.

“And Tom? Where was ‘e?” My anger is rising now, why does he need to know?

“He’s on leave, did you not hear about his mother? She was found hanging from a fucking bridge!” Eff, I shouldn’t have sworn. I don’t look him in the face, I can’t.

He let’s go of my arm violently, and sinks into the couch.

“Get me a soda.” He mumbled. I’m not his fucking maid service. I do everything for us. I work all day, clean all night, and reluctantly please him, but not if I had my choice.

“No. No Jordan, I will not get you a soda. Get one you’re fucking self for once”

Smaaack. And all at once everything goes black.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first real story. I hope you like it! It's actually pretty long, and I don't know how long it will take me to finish it. If you like it please send me some feedback, Thanks ! Oh and sorry, It may get a little confusing because I didn't realize the Mibba doesn't use italics and stuff, so I might get REALLY confusing, but if there are ANY questions, just message me, and I'll be sure to message you back.