Just So You Know

Eleven Years Later

ELEVEN YEARS LATER

“Alexis Malone Malfoy! You come down this moment. I won’t wait another minute for you.” I scream up the stairs towards my 11 year old daughter. Alexis looks just like the young Caty Shaw. She looks exactly like me; her blond hair, body structure, everything except her blue eyes. They are not green like mine, or gray like Draco. I’m lucky he hasn’t noticed them yet. Alexis has always been mine.

“Just a minute mom!” she screams back at me. I turn to Draco and role my eyes.

“Oh come on Caty, she’s just excited to go to Hogwarts this year.”

“Oh I know, it’s just that she’s growing up so fast Draco, too fast.”

“I know, but what do you want to do? Keep her locked up at home forever? You wouldn’t be able to live with yourself if you did. Sooner or later you’ll just have to except that she is growing up.”

“Your right I suppose…” I trail off as Alexis comes down the stairs in a hurry.

“Mom, what house were you in? And Dad?” Alexis asks frightfully but Draco interrupts.

“I told you a million times Alexis! Your mother was in Ravenclaw, and I was Slytherin.”

“What… What if I’m not in Slytherin or Ravenclaw? Somebody told me that Malfoys are always in Slytherin. What if I’m in another house? Like Griffyndor?” She asks timidly. My stomach flips over, and suddenly I feel kind of sick. What if you are in Griffyndor? I must show it somehow because Draco asks if I’m feeling well.

“Oh I’m feeling fine, just nervous I suppose,” I glance at Alexis and put my arm around her shoulders, “I’m just nervous for my little girl to be leaving me.” I try to smile, but it doesn’t turn out well. It must look like a cross between a frown and a confused face, because everyone laughs. Even Scorpius, who just walks into the room, laughs. Scorpius is a spitting image of Draco. He resembles his father as much as Draco resembled his own father.

“Mom, can I come with you and Dad and Alexis to Diagon Alley? Please?”

“Yeah, why not?” I shrug.

“Well, we should get going! Everyone ready?”

And Off we go.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

We are about to enter Mr. Ollivander’s wand shop, when I hear someone shout my name.

“Caty? Caty!” I spin around on my feet to see Ginny Potter (nee Weasley) coming towards me with 3 children and Harry. Draco turns to me and says, “Oh. Look who it is, Weasley and Potter” while rolling his eyes. They catch up to us and Ginny nearly knocks me over with her hug.

“Caty, it’s been so long since I’ve seen you! How are you? Are these your children?” She asks excitedly, and then adds “ Hello Draco.” She says it with on odd smile, but I think nothing of it. Next Harry greets me.

“Hello Caty, It’s been awhile.” And then gives me a quick hug under the protecting eye of Draco. Draco and Harry give a quick nod, and add coldly “Potter”. “Malfoy.”

“Yes, yes these are my kids and my husband, but I know you all know Draco.” Harry rolls his eyes and Ginny hits him in the arm. “ This is Alexis,” I say glancing at her, “she’s 11, and this is to be her first year at Hogwarts! This is Scorpius he is 8.” Ginny is all smiles today.

“Oh that’s fabulous. Alexis looks just like you, as Scorpius does Draco. This is James, Lily and Albus.” Draco snorts and Ginny glares at him. “ Lily is also starting her first year this year! James is going into his third year, and little Albus is 7. Doesn’t Albus look just like Harry?” I nod. I see a tall red headed man in the distance with a shorter, black women and two kids. My heart beats tremendously and my stomach sinks.

“Well, it was nice to see you two and meet your children! But we really must get going, we need robes, books and even a wand still! Goodbye Ginny, Harry.” I say quickly giving them a magnificent smile. Alexis parts with his new friend Lily Potter with a happy look on her face. She must be happy to have found a friend before she even makes it to Hogwarts. I know Draco is happy that she’s made a friend, but is greatly disturbed that it is a Potter.

We enter Mr. Ollivander’s wand shop, and memories of searching for my own wand flashes back into my mind, but I brush it away quickly.

“Ahh, Mr. Malfoy! And Miss. Shaw?” He asks uncertainly. Ollivander looks confused to as why I am with Draco Malfoy and two children. He glances from me, to Draco to Alexis and Scorpius and then back to me. I nod, and he gets back to his job in a furry.

“My, my what wonderful children you have! Oh, let me guess, this fine young lady would like a wand? Well come with me then young Miss. Malfoy…” He seems slightly awkward. I wonder why he would think it would be so odd for me to be with Draco, although Ollivander did always have a marvelous memory, I suppose he just expected me to end up with one of my school friends, not someone I hated so much.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's really short, but I'm getting excited. :D