Just So You Know

Long Time, No See

“Where do I go to file a report on someone?” I asked impatiently. The sooner I get Jordan on parole, the sooner I have a chance to be on the road to happiness.

“Depends, are you looking for somewhere to stay tonight baby?” he says looking in the direction of my bag. I shoot him a dirty look, and he backs away towards the direction of The Leaky Cauldron.

Disgruntled by the lack of respect I’m finding in London, I turn bitterly and enter the Ministry of Magic.

“Excuse me miss, may I help you?” A young gentleman asks me. He looks slightly familiar. He has messy black hair and wears glasses.

“Potter? Harry Potter?” I ask. My excitement is rising. Will he recognize me?

“Yes, that is my name.” He answers. I can tell he is searching my face for a hint as to who I may be.

“ Catherine Shaw, but usually I go by Caty” I’m hoping he will remember my name, but he doesn’t. “ We went to Hogwarts together. I went out with Fred Weasley for a while in my third and fourth year. I used to visit the Burrow all the time when we were going out. You were always there with Ron I do believe.” I see the light in his brain click.

“Oh! Caty! Yes, I remember you. You were at the burrow for Christmas once. You still look beautiful I see.” He checks me out, and I blush a little.

“Yes, thank you Harry. I was just wondering if you could help me. You see I need to file a report on someone, but I have no idea where to go! Or even how to do it!” A smile flashes across his face.

“Right this way Caty,” I can’t help but wondering if he ended up marrying Ginny. Oh poor Ginny. When I was going out with Fred, Ginny and I were very close. Fred and Gin had always been close, and I seemed to pick up a connection with her too. Although there was two years age difference, she was the best friend I ever had. Sure Jena was a good friend, but she got annoyed when I talked to her and expected her to listen. By the beginning of our fourth year we had become just ‘good friend’. And by my 5th year I had no one except Gin, but we had began to part because of the break up between Fred and I. After I had lost Ginny also, I met Jordan. We would sneak out to Hogsmead at the dead of night. We had much fun, but I never loved him. By the end the year, Jordan and I ended our relationship, and I was all alone again, until my sixth year, when Oliver and I realized how much we love each other. Soon after he left Hogwarts, Jordan and I hooked up again, it was then when I made the worst mistake I’ve ever made

“So Harry, how have you been? Gotten married? Had any kids?” I giggle like the young school girl I once was.

“Haha, yes, actually I am married, and am expecting.” He carries a grin plastered on his face.

“Really! To whom?” I ask curiously, crossing my fingers hoping it is Ginny Weasley.

“Ginny Weasley, Fred’s younger sister. We’ve been married for a couple months now. She’s only known she is expecting for a couple weeks now. If it is a boy we will name it James, and a girl would be names Lily. And you? Are you married to anyone special?” He is a very merry man.

“Oh no, no. My boyfriend was an abusive alcoholic. I actually just left him early yesterday morning. He called me this morning and told me to watch my back. That’s why I’m trying to file a report against him.” I say, and add quietly, “He terrifies me”

He looks at me with disbelieve at first until he catches a glipse of one of my many bruises. Then he stops walking and touches my arm while mumbling, “Oh. I’m very sorry. I didn’t know.”

“Nonsense, I didn’t expect you to know. I don’t need you to be sorry for me! I’m already sorry enough for myself for staying with him for so long. I just need to file this report so I can be one step closer to happiness.” I say proudly, for I truly am. I long to see Ginny again, although I long to see Fred again more.

“Well you are a very brave women. Why don’t you come to supper tonight? I’m sure you and Ginny have some catching up to do! I’ve come to know that you two were very close.”

“Oh I’d love to! I’ve got no where else to be, I just must arrange to have a motel room before I come.”

“No, no. You can stay at our house tonight. I’m sure Gin wouldn’t mind, not a bit.”

“Oh thank you so much Harry. Thank you so very much.”

“Well here we are. When your finished find me so I can give you the directions. Or just might as well bring you home with me. You don’t have very much stuff, so it shall be easy. I’ll owl Ginny to inform her. It’s nice seeing you Caty!”

“And you as well Harry!” And we part. As I am about to enter the room when I hear a so familiar sneer. I look behind me and there is Draco Malfoy with a smirk on his face.

“Long time, no see”

“No, Long Time, Don’t care”

“Oh come on Shaw, let’s leave those childhood memories behind us. Hogwarts was a thing of the past, how would you like to go to dinner with me tonight?”

“Sorry, I know you heard my conversation Malfoy, I’m busy.”

“Having dinner with Potter and a Weasley is better then with me is it then?”

“Yes, it is for the time being. Good-bye Draco. Have a good life.”

“And same to you Caty.”

This time I enter the room with success, and file my report without interruption.
♠ ♠ ♠
Message if your confused or something doesn't make sense. I didn't realize that Mibba doesn't have editing tools whe I wrote this,