Just So You Know

Kisses

Monday mornings are brutal. You want to get up and get on with your day, but the morning seems to suppress you into your bed and not even give you a chance to get out. No matter how hard you try, you cannot get out of bed until light floods through your window and blinds you… or a dirty house elf pulls the sheets off your bed.

“Uggh,” I groan reaching back for the covers to pull over my head and fall back asleep.

“Nope, you have to get up today. First day of work!” I can actually feel him smirk. God his voice is so sexy in the morning. I get out of bed and walk into the bathroom. I wash my face, and brush my teeth. I look up into the mirror and I’m surprised to see a happy face. It’s only been two weeks that I’ve been staying with Draco, and all ready I notice the difference between living with him and living with Jordan. My face is more relaxed, not at all stressed: There are house elves to do the cleaning, not just me. Most of all there are no bruises, so I don’t wear as much make up. Drake kisses me instead or hitting me, it’s much more enjoyable. I put some clothes on that look remotely dressy, and head down to the kitchen.

“Morning.” I say with a smile, and kiss him. This life seems pretty good to me. Never in a million years did I think I’d be living in the Malfoy Manor. We head off to work.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

“Miss. Shaw?”

“Yes that’s me.”

“This is your first job at the ministry is it? Well here is your security tag. Now off you go to the office that you are assigned to please.” I leave quickly. The wizard was a very odd, creepy wizard. He checked me out at least twice. I’m heading towards the office of ‘magical defects’ when I see a familiar face, who was not so familiar that last time I saw him.

“Caty! Hey, I’ve been meaning to talk to you for a while. I feel terrible about the way I acted that night at Ginny’s place…” I continue to walk, but still listen. “I didn’t know the story, I just saw him upset, and I blamed you. I mean you know, twins.” I nod, not really showing particular interest. He pulls me into a sheltered area, so he can make sure I’m listening to him, and hear his apology. “Caty, I’m sorry. You know I missed you, more then you think I did. I only stopped talking to you really because of Fred. You know he was really upset over the break up too. He didn’t want to loose you, but he knew he had to. So did I. Do you rememeber that night in the Gryffendor common room? Fourth year I think.” I close my eyes, and remember the night very clearly.

“I’m going in early tonight, k babe? Oh, and if you see George, tell him I’m waiting for him so we can plan our mischief for tomorrow” says the tall ginger boy with a wink.

“Alright, I’ll tell him. Goodnight Fred.” The short blond girl responds while standing on her tipsy toes so she is tall enough to give Fred a kiss goodnight.

Fred disappears into the doorway. The girl walks over and sits on the couch alone. A couple younger students stare at her Ravenclaw badge on her robes bewildered, but the older students understand. A boy, lanky with brown hair, slips onto the couch beside her without saying a word. They both stare into the fire for a while, as if looking for answers to life’s deep dark questions.

“Caty, there’s no one here. I promise you. They all went to bed.” The boy assures her.

Caty sits up and looks over the back of the couch. The boy was right; the room is completely empty except for the both of them.

“Olly what’s the matter?”

“Oh it’s nothing, I just haven’t talked to you in a while. That’s all” Caty grins, which made Olly grin too.

“Hey, umm… if I were to, well.. er, would you maybe…” Oliver stumbled over words, not really saying anything that made sense. Caty brings her finger to her lips to make him stop talking and her eyes go wide. There is someone else in the room. They stand up to see.

“Fred?” Oliver cries.

“No, it’s George,” responds Caty with confidence, “What are you doing out so late George? Fred was hoping to talk to you tonight.”

“Uh, well yeah. Um can I talk to you for a minute Caty? I need some advice, girl advice.” George stammers.

“Oh, err,” She glances from Oliver to George, and back again. She is obviously torn between being with Oliver or helping George. “Well, sure I suppose.”

Oliver turns to leave the room, when Caty says “Goodnight Olly” with a smile. Frustrated he leaves the room, without acknowledging her, but Caty runs after him. Leaving George alone.

“Olly, I said goodnight,” She says sternly.

“Yeah, goodnight.” He says without looking at her.

“Look at me!” Their eyes meet, and Oliver leans in, and kisses her. Caty stands there stunned, while Oliver turns and leaves. Her second kiss goodnight tonight, from two different people. George comes around the corner concerned.

“I thought I heard you raise your voice…” he starts, but Caty ignores him and heads for the couch. She sits and stares into the fire with George beside her.

“Will you still help me?” George asks cautiously.

“Oh yes! Sorry, err what’s the story?”

“Well, you see there’s this girl I think I really like. I know I shouldn’t, but I just can’t help it. I think that she should know, and I really want her to, I just don’t know how to tell her. It’s harder then it looks.”

“Have you tried yet?”

“Actually yeah. Today I waited outside her common room all night! See usually she goes through the secret passage from the Griffyndor tower to the Ravenclaw common room at 11:30. But tonight she didn’t.”

Caty’s face goes from an understanding one, to a very serious one.

“I know her don’t I?” She almost whispers.

“Yeah, well I should hope so.” She laughs at the joke.

George takes her hand, and Caty doesn’t pull away.

“I want you to know how I feel. Just so you know… It’s worth a try to tell you, it might get some of this off my back. I really like you, but please don’t tell Fred. I don’t expect you to fall in love with me, you’re my best friend, and your going out with my brother. I can tell you feel something for Oliver too. Wood’s a good guy. Don’t worry, I won’t tell Fred if you don’t. But first, will you let me kiss you?” She nods blankly.

He gives her a quick kiss, but she unexpectedly kisses him back.

“I don’t know how I feel about you. Your right, I’m your best friend, and I’m going out with your brother but secretly love Oliver. But this is just between us right? All of this?” George nods, kisses her one last time and leaves her. “Goodnight Caty.”

Caty is left in front of the fire, alone and so obviously confused.

I nod and look at him in the eyes.

“I still feel the same way Caty, but I guess I’m too late again. I see you’re always with Malfoy… I’m not going to say you’ve made a bad choice, but I don’t know if I would trust him.”

“I can choose who I want to trust George.” He laughs nervously.

“I know… Just be careful,” He grabs hold of my face. “Please.” And then he kisses my lips. He leaves, and I continue on my way to the office of ‘magical defects’.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment, I want to know what you guys think. please !