Status: slow

I don't care what you think as long as its about me

White wolf? Me?

Sam looked at each of us as he continued.

"The White Wolf was rare. She was the first and in legend it says 'The White Wolf will come to you. She is as a strong as any man. As fast as any man. And will be treated with respect like any man. She is the protector. She will come in a beautiful form. One where only a lucky man or werewolf will be able to say her's. To kiss her lips and mate with her. But if the White Wolf does not find this lucky one she will not be able to have her children and that is when the legend of the White Wolf will end.'

Jacob squeezed my hand but I was to intent on listening to the story.

"We thought that the White Wolf ended with Rozene. But we were wrong. See Rozene was a beautiful woman and when she found her lucky one it was a man she could not love because of her father's wishes. We thought she didn't have any children but we were wrong. But when Rozene turned fourteen her first challenge began. The Leechs came and threated our land. So Rozene with her lucky one and her friend at her side she went to attack. It was a very small chance that she'd win but she did. She lost her friend that day and she wept. But as the years went on she realized she was going to loose more friends. But she made sure to protect her Lucky One."

I look at Jake and smile. 'Is he my lucky one?'

"Then the real choice came. It was a battle against another tribe. The tribe her father wanted her to marry to. Oh this was such a hard choice. So the night before the battle she went off with her Lucky one and some say they mated but until now we had no idea. The next morning she had to choose to fight with us or fight with her father and her fiancee."

I was glued to Sam and my ears stuck to his words.

"She chose to stay with us. She dressed in her warrior outfit and stood proudly next to her Lucky one and her family in our tribe. Her father was not pleased and said something to his tribe. We stood there no one moving till the other made the move. A little boy did on her fathers side. Not much other than five or six. He ran out and threw rocks. Our children went and slaughtered him."

I gasped and tears welled up in my eyes. Jake squezes my hand.

"So the war began. She fought harder than any of us. But heard her name called from her Lucky ones mouth. She turned seeing him with a spear through his back. She ran to him and held him. Once he died she grew fierce with anger and attacked. When most of us were dead she fought her fiance. She fought him in wolf form but He bit her neck and she whipered crawling over to her Lucky one's body and nuzzled with him and she died."

More tears followed down my face. What the hell are all of these emotions coming from!

"But tonight we are blessed with the new White Wolf." Sam said looking at me smiling.

"Where grandpa?" A little boy asks an elder.

"Razor is our new white wolf."

Everyone gasps in excitment(can you do that) and Jake smiles pulling my arm around him as I curled closer to me.

"Razor, we will follow you and help you in anyway you can. You are our White Wolf but we must ask you. Are you sure you want this position?"