The Legend of Joe Jonas

The Legend Of Joe Jonas - Chapter Four

*Joe’s POV*
As we pulled away from Livv’s house I turned to my brothers.
‘That was . . .’ I started.
‘Completely . . .’ Nick tried to continue.
‘. . . Unbelievable’ Kevin said finally finding the right word for what we’d just seen.
‘Awkward?’ I more asked then stated.
‘No Joe’ Nick whispered.
‘But I’ll tell you what was awkward, the way that Joe was staring at Livv’ Kevin said chuckling.
‘I was not!’ I screamed.
‘You were’ Nick said calmly.
I looked at the floor, trying to stop myself from turning red.
‘See!’ Nick shouted triumphantly.
Nick and Kevin started to laugh loudly.
It’s easy for them; they don’t have a continuous battle going on inside them. Part of me is telling me to run for the hills, part of me is telling me to tell her I love her, and part of me is telling me to wait before I make a move. I’m so confused!
The rest of the journey and the walk to the hotel room were silent.
I trudged into my room.
‘Joe honey!’ My mum shouted knocking on the door.
‘Yes mommy?’ I asked opening the door.
‘Have you packed?’
‘No why?’
‘Honey we’re leaving tomorrow, remember?’
‘NO!’
My Mum recoiled from the loudness of my shout.
‘Joe . . .’
‘Sorry, I just forgot’ I said trying to cover up the real reason.
‘OK night Sweetie’
‘Night Mommy’ I said hugging her.
As soon as I closed the door, I started running around the room, throwing everything into my bag.
I always forget, darn!
Just as I was gathering up the remainder of my stuff my phone rang.
“There she goes again the girl I’m in love with . . .” I quickly grabbed my phone, before it woke anyone up.
‘H. . .’ I started but I was cut off by a very anxious sounding Alice.
‘JOE! Have you seen Livv . . . ?’
‘Alice calm . . . Wait what?’
‘Joe Livv’s missing, she got upset and ran’
I stood there completely in shock.
‘Well done pretty boy!’ I heard a male voice shout.
‘Edward this is not his fault!’ a very angry female screamed, so loudly I nearly dropped my phone.
‘Yeah Ed if you hadn’t you know. . . ‘Another male started.
‘What he’s trying to say Ed is you shouldn’t have said what you did’ yet another male said.
How many people are listening to this conversation?
‘What are they talking about Alice?’ I asked trying to remind her I was listening.
‘Joe we don’t know, we went to her room and she wasn’t there’
‘No’ I whispered to myself. This can’t be happening, not her, but I’m leaving, and I don’t want to leave! I’m not gonna leave. I Lo . . .
‘Joe?’
‘Alice I’m going to find her’
‘Joe wait . . .’
‘No Alice, I l. . .’
‘Joe there are some things about our family that you don’t know . . .’
‘NO ALICE!’ I heard four people shout.
‘That I can’t tell you’ she continued ‘Joe just be careful, she’d never forgive us if we let anything happen to you’.
And with that she hung up.
I stood there thinking over what she’d just told me, and then remembering what the phone call was actually about I quickly scribbled a note and put it on top of my now packed suitcase.
I ran out of my room, leaving my old life behind. I’m not leaving, even when I find her. I’m not going to leave her. EVER!
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this ones a bit short, the next one will be longer. PROMISE!
Comment.And.Subscribe