High School Never Ends

For all the ghosts that are never gonna catch me

"You know something? I think she's a mass murderer."

I sat down heavily in my chair and looked over at Gerard.

"Just because she dissects frogs for a living, does not mean she is a mass murderer."

"But..."

"Alright class, settle down! Now I want you all to get out the essays that you did for homework and pass them to the.. oh, what now?"

The lights flickered once, then went out, plunging the whole room into darkness.

"Don't worry, it's just the the ghosts," came a voice from the back of the room. Everyone looked round to see Mags, her feet resting on her desk. She smirked and her eyes seemed to shine through the darkness. She leaned forward knowingly.

"One of them is the janitor's wife. He murdered her last year. Shoved his mop right up her..."

"Mags! Stop that nonsense! Now, I need to go find out what's happening with the lights. So stay here, don't mess around and no silly behaviour," she instructed, her gaze fixed on Mags. She walked quickly out of the room, closing the door behind her. Everything went silent for a moment before Jamie Philips stood up.

"Who wants to do a bunk?" he asked, his smile wide.

"Who wants to get murdered by the janitor?" Mags retorted.

"Shut up!" Jamie snapped. "You totally made that up!"

"Oh yeah? Have you ever been in the janitors closet?"

Jamie's eyes darkened and he glared at her before grabbing his jacket.

"I'll see you later, losers. I'm not gonna sit around waiting for the electrician to realise he's forgotten to flick the light switch again. I'm outta here." He headed towards the door, his hand resting on the handle. Just as he turned it, the door flew open and four guys ran in, slamming the door shut behind them.

"You will never believe what's just happened!"