Troubled Thoughts and the Self-Esteem to Match

Hate My Life.

William P.O.V.

I sank lower in the seat the more he talked.
He just went on and on about rules, and codes, and schedules. I was amazed when he finally finished.
"That's the basic crap you need to know."
He exhaled, leaning back in his computer chair.
"Oh, and, you can listen to music if you like, but no headphones are allowed."
Mr. Way added, flashing a sympathetic half-smile.
He stood and walked to the door, grabbing my bags from the floor.
"It may not sound it, but this place isn't half bad when you get used to it."
"Yeah right..." I Sighed, pulling a loose thread from the V-neck of my shirt.
"Your roommate is out to break right now, so I'll show you to your new room."
He offered, nodding his head for me to follow out of his office.

After being taken to my room to leave my belongings, Mr. Way led me to the "break area", which was really just a large park area behind the buildings.
There were about fifteen or twenty men grouped into different cliques, some smoking.
"This is everyone from the three closest house sections."
He explained.
"Only seven are in your section, which are the ones you'll get to know in your group therapy sessions."
He continued to ramble.
Not group sessions! My mind screamed in agony.
"Later today, we'll get you your passport tag made, but for now, try to talk to some of them. It'll make you feel better."
He gave an encouraging pat on the back before turning and hurrying back inside.
A quick gust of wind sent my hair into a frenzy as I dodged, as inconspicuously as possible, to a bench.

I was alone for the first time since God knew when, but it didn't last long.
A small, quick tap on my shoulder caught me by surprise, startling me.
I turned to see a short boy with long, dark brown hair.
"Hi! So you're the new one?"
He had a round, child-like face with a grin that lit up his every feature.

"Y-yes." I stammered just loud enough that he heard.
"Well, I'm Frankie, and I stay in the room across from the one you'll be staying in, so we can be hall buddies, okay?"
He gave an eager squeak and glanced around.
"Don't bother being shy. It won't help you any to get out of here faster."
He gave another look around.
"I've been here for three years, and I learned that anti-socialism doesn't help worth a shit."
He seemed twitchy;maybe he was here because of drugs.
"So, what are you here for?"
He questioned curiously, with a small smile.
I gave a scoff and held my arms toward him, bandaged wrists telling him everything.
"Oh, I see."
He was quiet for about a second.
"I've been there. Bullies?"
"You have..You have no idea."
I awkwardly responded with a nod.
He gave an understanding chuckle.
"Come with me. I wanna introduce you to the rest of cell 8."
He yanked me up by my elbow and pulled me to one of the biggest groups.
"Yo! Guys!" He shoved himself into the middle of their huddle.
"Meet our new house-mate. His name's..uhh.."
He leaned closer to me. "Name?"
"William."
"His name's William. He's with Sapy."
What the hell is Sapy?
The first to shake my hand was a tall, very skinny boy with frayed brown hair, and excessive makeup.
He had one of those angelic faces that just drew you in.
"I'm Ryan Ross."
He smiled shyly.
"Okay, this," Frank pointed to a slightly shorter boy with black hair.
"Is Brendon."
Brendon took my hand also, his plump lips turning upward.
Next was an average height, shaggy blonde, sporting a full beard.
"This is Bob. He may look mean, but he's a big teddy bear."
The blond gave a smirk. "Welcome to hell."
"Don't say that Bob!"
Frank yelped, before turning to me.
"He'll probably end up being your best friend."
He giggled, rather femininely.
"Why? Is he my roommate?"
I inquired in a small voice.
"No, no. That'll be Sapy."
I raised an eyebrow.
So Sapy was a person? Where was he then?

"Yo, Sapy! Why don't you get your ass over here and say hi to your new roommate?"

I glanced around nervously, expecting to see some huge, buffed up jailbait man, -which would be my luck-, but thankfully, it was quite the opposite.
He was very tall and slender, with tan skin and black hair that frayed out messily, yet almost elegantly.
He was wearing a purple jacket and tight jeans, along with a mysterious smirk.
He rose from his spot against a large Oak tree and, with a slight "Bad boy" swagger, joined the circle we'd formed.
He was by far the tallest.

Before I knew it, he was spouting off something in Spanish, too fast for me to catch.
I had taken a year of Spanish in school, but it dealt with ordering food or telling someone where you live, and I'm sure what he said had nothing to do with these.

He raised an eyebrow and stared with an amused smile, obviously seeing that I didn't catch any of it.
He gave a laugh and repeated some of it more slowly.
"Bienvenido a la selva, niƱo."
Welcome to the jungle, kid.
I just barely understood.
He grinned and began another Spanish verbal vomit.

"Gabe, enough with the Spanish! You're gonna give the poor boy an aneurysm."
Bob laughed, shoving his shoulder.
He gave a devious snicker before holding his hand out to me.
"Gabe."
He introduced.
I shook his hand, stammering "W-William."
He raised an eyebrow again at me blundering my own name, making me feel retarded.
He then turned and headed back toward his tree, muttering something along the lines of "White boy's a smooth talker."

"Don't mind him."
Brendon shook his head.
"He's really fun when he gets used to you.
You just have to wait out the taunts."
He gave a childlike grin and rested his head on Ryan's shoulder.
"Ain't that right, Ryro?"
I sighed to myself.
Much of this, and I was certain to go crazy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, correct me if the Spanish is wrong...I'm no good at it, even after nearly a year of the class. :O