*** at Band Camp

talking to shane

"Hey Shane!" I yell as we are heading in for break from the field. He stops and waits for me, but doesn't say anything, he just has this big smile on his face. "Hey, Shane, how long did you know Nessa?" I asked, he froze in his footsteps. He turned to look at me, his face distorted in the pain of memory.

"For a little while, I messaged her middle school and asked that they give the 8th grade clairanet players my address and a schedule so that we could meet and talk about this year, it was about 3 months that we knew each other, why?" he told me, in a hurry, escaping from the hurt he was feeling. "In the three months that you knew her, did she seem upset with anything?"

"Not at all, she laughed, and she had this look of peace in her eys, like she finally belonged somewhere. She didn;t look the least upset about anything."

"Thats what I think, and thats what someone else wants everyone to think is a lie. I think that Nessa was m--murdered." I choaked on the word. I've never actually talked about someone getting murdered, not someone I knew. I barely knew Nessa, but we still knew each other, and nobody should have to go through that.

"You mean, you think that Nessa was murdered, and Kris also? And Jana?"

"I think that Kris was lost at the mall, although I might be in denial. Who in the world is Jana?" No he had me confused. "Jana is the third person that has gone missing since we have arrived here."

"I didn't know that was her name, but it is a high possibility that she was murdered, and it was most likely the person who did that to your sister." I don't think I should have said that, because as soon as I said 'your sister' there was a lot of hurt in Shane's eyes.

"Shane, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you," I said as he looks away and blinks away some tears. I step forward and wrap my arms around him. I feel him shaking under my arms, and feel his arms wrap around my back. I havbe the hugest urge to just lift his head with my fingers and kiss all his tears away, but I cant, not now, maybe not even ever....
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah, its kinda short, im not feeling too good again, last time and this time ive been bitten by horse flys and my body hurts, i think i might be allergic to them...