Justified

End is the Begining

Lily did not weep.
Lily did not sob.
Lily didn’t even shed a tear.
What were you supposed to do when your mother died? Oh sure in the movies the daughters always cried but they had something to cry for. Those mothers in the movies were sweet, caring, and made homemade cookies. Lily’s mother wasn’t sweet, Lily’s mother wasn’t caring, and Lily’s mother never once baked in her crappy life. Lily’s mother was abusive.
“Lily, could you please come here to say a few words about your mother?” Reverend Tony Moore said putting Lily on the spot.
Lily wanted to say no; correction, Lily wanted to say hell fucking no but even an abusive mother didn’t deserve that… in a church. Without realizing it Lily stood up and walked a slow heartbreaking walk to the Reverend. He placed both hands on her shoulders and kissed both her cheeks.
“My mother was a provider,” and nothing else she added to herself, “She always made sure we never skipped a meal and always provided a roof over our heads.”
“Yes, now Ms. Blanks will be provided a place in heaven.” Reverend Tony piped in.
Or hell, thought Lily.
“Thank you all loved ones of Joan Blanks for attending this awakening of a new life. Yes, a new life that Joan will have with our beloved Jesus. Always remember her because she is not truly gone if you keep alive in your hearts.
Well my heart is ice cold so she’d probably freeze to death in there, Lily thought, hmm good.
“Lily, do you want to stay and mingle or are you ready to go home?” Lily’s father, Eric Sims asked.
“Let’s just go.” She wanted to escape this fake sympathy party.
Isn’t it so great that humans can make a party out of anything? Such as someone’s death. Shouldn’t Lily be the person who should be celebrating? After she got want she wanted, no not her mother’s death but now she had a father.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback would be helpful thanx! and dont forget to read the next chapter