What A Catch, Patrick Stump

Dead On Arrival

I fell asleep for the remaining minutes as Andy hummed to a unknown tune. I felt the car stop and quickly opened my eyes. Andy was already out of the car and left his door ajar. I slipped my seat belt off and opened the door, slowly, I stepped out of the car and did a cat like stretch.

" She's pretty, can I have her?" I immediately looked to see a tanned guy around my brothers age eye me up and down. I arched an eyebrow and turned back towards the car. Andy walked over to me and placed one of my bags down before facing the stranger.

" Sorry Pete, parents would kill me if I gave my sister away. Actually, I'd kill me." Andy pushed his glasses farther up the bridge of his nose before placing his hands on his hips and smiling. So, this was Andy's "connection". I began to pick up my bag before another guy walked over and grabbed it before I could even spell "hi."

" Allow me. I'm Joe." He smiled in a slightly show offy manner and then proceeded to climb up a set of stairs I haven't noticed until now. I watched as all my personal items were being carted away by a total stranger. I turned to Andy with a disgusted face, in return he only smiled helplessly.

"Patrick was supposed to show up here and help, but he's really shy and I think he hates people." Pete shrugged before helping my brother pull out his drum set from the back seat. Okay, there's three of them then. Before Pete and Andy could get towards the middle of the staircase, Joe came running out barely stopping in time. He had an amused facial expression before staring passed us all and onto the road. Pete looked up from where he was and followed Joe's stare and Andy turned his head with confusion. I began to turn when I heard a door slam and a woman's voice.

"Patrick honey, don't be too late. Dinner will be ready by eight, if your Dad doesn't eat on time you know how he'll be." I heard the guys, including my brother, let out small bursts of hushed laughter. The boy, who I can only guess is Patrick, stalked passed me with his head down and hands in his front pockets. I pursed my lips as I felt a bit of sympathy for the kid, I turned around and glared at my brother. Once he noticed me, he immediately turned back around and forced Pete to help him get the drum set the rest of the way up the stairs. I waited until all the guys went inside the apartment before I walked over to the kid and sat beside him at the base of the stairs.

" I know how you feel.." I started but was cut off by his glare. Geesh, I was only trying to be nice. He stood up and grabbed two bags that belonged to my brother and stormed up the stairs. I sat there feeling shocked and a bit hated. After a few minutes, Pete came flying down the stairs and stopped only to stare at me. What was this guys problem?

" What?" I snapped causing him to wince. Less then a second later a smile spread across his face. I gave him a curious yet, aware look.

" You're a fiery one." He forcibly scooted me over to the point where I was glued to the railing, and then flopped himself down next to me. " Don't worry about Patasaurous he's just in a grumpy mood. He'll come around, just give him some time. He really is a nice kid." Pete, being unaware of personal space, slung his right arm around my shoulders. I didn't say anything in return. Instead I got up and went to the car, shutting all the doors and grabbing the last of my stuff and headed up the stairs, leaving Pete to stare at me in wonder. I was gonna find out what was wrong with Patrick, even if it took all eternity.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I love my subscribers, but I would also love some comments...=]

<3 Bettie V.