What A Catch, Patrick Stump

27

School was simply the incarnate of hell. I walked in and noticed the bleak white walls and the stares. My lord, the stares. I have only but a few pet peeves and staring is one of them. Patrick and Joe kept close to me, as if they were watch dogs sworn to protect me. I walked up to the front desk and got my classes. Hurray, I have Biology first. To lighten the mood, Joe stared over my shoulder and stole a glance at my schedule.

"Oh man, Liche, Mr. Sputnick? You are so screwed." I looked up to Patrick to see his reaction, only to find him slowly smile. He resembled a zombie, an adorable zombie. Both of us had stayed up all night and now we were both dragging ourselves around the campus. Joe, being a morning person (who knew?) was all over the place. I was about to shove him in a locker.

I sighed and rubbed a hand through my hair "Anybody else have Sputnick?" Patrick shook his head slowly and looked to Joe, my eyes followed shortly after. Joe was currently schmoozing a girl near the lockers when Patrick cleared his throat. He turned his head and walked over to us.

"She certainly is cute." I commented. She had light brown eyes and natural blond hair. She smiled over at us and then turned away. Patrick kept his head down and let out a loud yawn. I smiled helplessly at the fact that it was my fault he was so tired. Joe nodded to my comment.

"Yeah, I have old Harry. We can be bio buddies!" At that he draped an arm around me and preceded to sing out the opening lines to 'Weird Science.' I really, really worry about him sometimes. Patrick looked up at this and I smiled helplessly. He returned a small smile and opened his mouth to speak.

"We have a new girl? Sweet, and she's kinda hot too..." Patrick's mouth clamped up as fast as it opened. Joe turned around taking me with him. I noticed a kid with straightened, ugh, excuse me, Pete-like straightened hair. It was a dirty blond, his eyes were a crystal blue. He had a tanned complexion and a neatly 'Riker-type' (from Star-Trek TNG, for those who didn't know) beard. I smiled politely, but really had no intentions of meeting him.

"Hey, Ryker. How's it going?" Oh, ironic much? Joe let go of me and I took a step back to hide behind Patrick. Patrick glanced towards me and only shrugged. I still held my stance behind him when Joe introduced me to Ryker. The guy was good looking, don't get me wrong, but you know when you meet someone and there just was that creep factor? Yeah, he had it. When Ryker finally left, after winking at me, Patrick finally stopped being so stiff. Joe walked over to us and shrugged.

"He's an okay guy. His parties are amazing though. I like parties." Joe smiled and leaned against a locker. Patrick turned to face me, I watched him expectantly.

"I better go to my first period..." Without saying good-bye or even a polite hug, he dashed off. I watched as he disappeared behind a turn and then looked back at Joe, who in turn had a big question mark forming.

"Well, that was awkward. Come on bio buddy! Let's go meet Mr. Harry Sputnick!" With that, he grabbed my arm and we fled to our first period. As we began to enter the room, I noticed a rather old and small man sitting at a large oak desk. He smiled warmly at me and strongly resembled Sam Elliot, I smiled back.

" I see you have met Mr. Throman, take a seat anywhere you'd like." I ducked my head down as I followed Joe to two seats in the middle of the room. Even, Mr. Sputnick had a strong southern accent. I wonder if he's related to Elliot....Joe poked me in the arm and then pointed to the teacher who was staring at me.

" What's your name Miss?" I blinked a few moments before answering.

" Anastasia Hurley, but, can you please call me Felicia?" The old man smiled and nodded, leaving me alone and began to start the class. I leaned over to Joe, who seemed very disinterested in Biology and asked " What class does Patrick have right now?" He slowly turned to me.

" Physics, honors. Why?" I nodded while thinking. Patrick? In honors? Wow.

" Hey, he's only smart in Science, Math, Music and History. The rest of the classes he has with us." I smiled.

" So, you basically just mean English?" He laughed and then nodded. The school had placed me in honors English and History. I hated Math and Science was okay. Biology was my strongest. I stared at my schedule and wondered if I had any classes with him?
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, I'm back. I finally got my computer back. Woo-Hoo!

Comments please? =]