One Lucky Ski Trip

First road trips? Definitely a memorable thing.

Oh! btw;; my name (Kali) is pronounced like Cali like the state!!!

Kali's POV:

-7:30 a.m. *Kalis house*-

Ugh. Morning time. Definitely the worst part of the day. I mean seriously, can't school start at maybe.. well I don't know. 10 or something? That way at least I could finish my dreams.

The past nights have been strange- I have no idea why. My dream last night consisted of me being a contestant on the VH1 show Rock of Love with Brett Michael's. Let me tell you- NOT my idea of a good time. I didn't win by the way. Some girl named Dolly won his heart- not like I had any reason to want it.

The night before, I had a weird dream about a couple of boys named Brody and Jackson. I have never seen them before in my life- so why start now? They've actually been in a couple of my dreams before. In my dream, I was in a relationship with Brody. It seemed I was also competing for his love as well. Alongside another girl named Samantha. Strange. To my advantage, he chose me. But then the time came that he had to leave and I walked him out to his car. He reversed slowly, told me he loved me, and then drove off, but by the time he was about 50 feet away, I heard the horrifying sound of metal crashing and thrashing, and quickly resorted my gaze to his car. That's when I ran over-with tears in my eyes- to the scene. Brody was slammed against the steering wheel- blood pouring from everywhere imagineable. Keep in mind this was still my dream. When I woke up at about 2:30 in the morning from this dream, I was so sick to my stomach that I ran into the bathroom and threw up 3 times- from a dream. It was THAT bad. Strange it was. That word seems to describe my life pretty well also, along with my dreams. Strange. Or odd. That word works too.

I could go into another long story about my dream the night before that. It was even weirder, but I won't torture you all. If you're interested, though, The Rock, as in Dwayne Johnson (!) was in my dream. And he was shirtless. Now that was a nice dream...

Then my thoughts were interrupted by my sister's voice.
"Kali!" She screamed in my ear. It was wayyy to early for this. I was completely content reminiscing about my dreams.
"Get your ass out of bed or you won't get a ride to school!" She screamed once again. She has got to stop this. My ears are vulnerable.

I finally rose, in fear of rupturing my eardrums, and stretched.
"Wow, I have absolutely no idea what to wear today!" I said to no one in particular. I called my sister over to ask for her advice. Sadly all I got was, "Kali, I'm not giving you a ride to school if you don't hurry your naked little butt up!" So I wasn't exactly naked. But I was wearing minimal clothing. It was more comfortable that way.

"I know! I'm trying to hurry, but nothing's clean!" I exclaimed. In all honestness, though? I really wasn't trying to hurry. I smiled to myself.
"Just go like that!" she says. "I'm sure Jake will like that!"
This was said in a flirty tone while I was winked at. Not funny.
I rolled my eyes and said, "You've got to be kidding me, right? I'll just have to wear shorts; that's all I have left."
"But it's freezing outside!" Danielle protested.

See, it may have been 28 degrees out at the time, but I was used to it. I could wear absolutely nothing in 10 degree weather, while it's snowing outside, and not get the slightest bit sick. However, I've never experienced 10 degree weather. Naked. But hey, I'll have to try that sometime.

"Well, going naked would be much colder," I told her as I giggled to myself.
Unfortunately, Danielle didn't find me quite as funny as I found myself. "True, but hurry. Shannon's waiting for me." She said in an annoyed tone.
"You two are too funny. I swear you were made for each other."
Danielle grinned at this and I ran to grab my bag and binder once I was dressed. We headed out the door and left for school.

Once we arrived, I was late once again. I think I've been late every single day this year. Maybe I was on time once. But rarely does that happen.

With my luck, I got stopped on the way to my period one class. Biology. Not my favorite subject. I've never been one for science. Therefore, getting a talking to by the principal could be good, or possibly bad. Good, because that gives me less time I have to spend in biology.

"Excuse me, Kali. May I ask why you're late again?" The VP said in her stoic voice. As you can see, we're on a first name basis. Not a good sign.
"Well I would say yes, but I gotta get going! See ya!" I said while making a quick getaway.

Sadly, the Vice Principal found me in biology class and gave me a lovely piece of paper, marked with the word Detention! across the top.
I waited for the period to end so I could make my way to our hangout spot during the break.

Once the bell rang, signalling break time, I ran to my best friend Catherine's locker, out of breath, and full of excitement.

There she greeted me. "Hey there!" she said. "What are you so happy about? And why in the heck are you wearing shorts?! It's 29 degrees outside!"
Obviously, this was a big dilemma to everyone. I didn't find it a problem. I ignored her comment and quickly replied, "Do you want the good news or the bad news first?"
Catherine looked hesitant. Then she said, "Hmm.. Bad news."
"Bad news- I got detention today, so we can't go to Jamba Juice for lunch." I put on an apologetic lunch. Jamba Juice was by far our favorite place to go at lunch.
"Aww.." She said as she frowned. "Good news?"

Once she asked for the good news, I started talking really fast. I was really excited. "I GET MY LICENSE TODAY!" I exclaimed and continued, "..and Christmas Break is coming up and I already planned our first road trip together!!! We're gonna go to Aspen!" Apparently, hyperness is contagious, because this definitely hyped Catherine up.

I've been to Aspen before. We both have- with my family. It's a huge ski resort. We own a condo out there, so we can visit it whenever we want. It's pretty nice to have that luxury. Especially when you want to get away from the crazyness called reality. Although it's a 6 hour drive from where we live in Nevada, it's completely worth it.

I must have been too excited because Catherine hadn't responded to my last statement. I quickly recovered by saying, "I mean.. uhh.. if you're okay with that and everything," I told her as I attempted to calm down. "Oh, and I didn't have any other clean clothes." I began to get excited at the thought of the next suggestion I had: "We'll totally have to go shopping for Aspen though!!" I screamed.

Apparently, Catherine and I were on the same page now because she replied, "Oh my god! Yes! That sounds so fun!!! Why can't you just get your license this second and we'll leave right now! You wouldn't have to go to detention. Haha."

"I wish we could," I told her. "..but we still have to get it approved by the parents. I also need to make sure I have enough money saved as well. We'll need lots of spending money when we get there!!"

We were both very excited. First road trips? Definitely a memorable thing. Both of us smiled and headed to our next classes. I was definitely way too excited to focus on anything and I can only imagine Catherine being overly excited as well...
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is mostly told in Kali's POV (point of view), but switches often!

Characters featured in this chapter:

Kali
Catherine
Danielle