One Lucky Ski Trip

He was not a man, per se, but merely a boy of 21.

The day was starting off great as Isabel, Catherine and David started it off with a brief sledding session.

After a bit of liplocking among Catherine and David, and a slight rolling of the eyes with Isabel, they were on their snow vehicles, AKA their sleds, and were ready to go.
Isabel took a seat inside her boxy sled, gripped the snow behind her, as firmly as she could, and exerted all of her force into the snow as she began accelerating down the steep, powdery hill.

"Bombs away!" She called out, to no one in particular.

The more speed Isabel gained, the harder it was to control her sled. Unfortunately, she failed to notice the upcoming jump. Although it was a very small one, she was travelling at a very fast speed. This was apparent as she was seen practically flying through the air, holding onto her sled as if it were her life force.

The impact as she landed was enough to make Dwayne Johnson cry.

Ok... so maybe it wasn't that bad, but let's just say it hurt. Somehow, the landing hadn't affected Isabel. She must have been too busy trying to gasp for air through her resounding laughter.

Either tears were forming in her eyes from laughing too hard, or maybe the pain was finally taking over her, but sooner than she knew, everything became a blur and she plummetted into an unknown person.

The mystery man loses his balance, buckles at the knees, and falls into Isabel's sled as they continue their trepidatious ride down the slippery slope. By the time they had reached the base of the hill, they were both erupting into hysterics.

Once Isabel retrieved the chance to wipe the water that had formed beneath her eyes from uncontrollable laughter, she glanced up at the man standing before her.

However, he was not a man, per se, but merely a boy of 21.
The sight of him standing there, made butterflies the size of apricots fill her stomach and she was left utterly speechless.

Through continuous laughter, he said, "Haha, well that's one interesting way to meet a girl!"
Isabel sheepishly replied, "Hi..." with an unmanageable smile plastered on her face.

***

The cool wind swept across Kali's face, causing her hair to flutter in the breeze. She rubbed her arms in an attempt to warm up a bit since her and Ned had been sitting there for quite a while.

The silence began to disturb her, so Kali spoke. "So... do you work at the rental shop?"
"Nope," Ned replied. "My uncle owns the shop and he asked me to handle business for a couple of hours."
He smiled at Kali and continued.
"Luckily, I got off just after you left."

Kali's cheeks flushed at Ned's remark, and he was quick to pick up on it.
"Haha, are you cold again?" Ned asks her, a grin creeping onto his face.

"Not this time," Kali replied with a sweet smile and instantly changed the subject. "So my friends and I are supposed to have a snowball fight any minute now and-"

Ned interrupted her with a disappointed look on his face. "Yeah, you should probably get going." He says quietly and looks away, scared she might notice his sudden change of heart in hearing of her plans of leaving.

A giggle escapes Kali's mouth and Ned glances at her in confusion.
"What?" He asks, hoping to find an answer.
"I was going to ask if you wanted to join us," Kali said, ".. but since-"
"No! Let's go!" He shouted and hastily rose to his feet, letting out a nervous laugh.
"Ok." Kali says, her voice full of content. "I'll race ya the rest of the way?" She asks Ned.

Ned's competitive nature sunk in, and he was quick to taunt her. "Ha, yeah," he said, ".. but get ready to lose!"

He pulled himself into a ready stance, as if it were a real race and he was determined to win the grand prize.
Kali quickly followed suit and lined herself up alongside him, just as determined to snatch the victory away from her opponent.

Kali began the traditional, "Ready, set, -"
"Go!!!" Ned shouted and sped off, obviously nonchalant that he was cheating.

"Hey!" Kali called after him; although, there was no way she was audible from that far away.
Kali had no choice but to try and win this race, no matter how far behind she was.

As it turns out, Kali was a much better snowboarder than Ned and even though he got a head start, she ended up taking home the victory. Along with some great bragging rights.

"So much for your grand victory!" Kali shouts out and shoots a quick wink at Ned.
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever," Ned says, putting on a fake act of annoyance.

He quickly looks back to make sure Kali knew he was kidding and sends a sweet smile her way.

Concluding their morning of snowboarding, Kali and Ned begin their march to the nearby field that would be the location of their approaching snowball fight.

***

As we return to Isabel and her friend, she has finally reached the point where she can complete sentences. Barely.

"Haha, hello." The boy says. "What's your name?" He asks politely.
Emerging from her trance, Isabel replies, "Umm.. Isabel."
She smiles and is surprised she could even remember her own name.

"That's a beautiful name," he says to Isabel. He was looking directly, but sweetly into her eyes, making her feel weak at the knees.

Not bothering to ask his name, she spoke hurriedly, obviously nervous. "Thanks! So I'm sorry about running into you back there." She tells him. "Well.. kind of." She adds, and a smile crawls onto her face.

"Kind of?" He asks curiously.
"Well yeah," She says. "Because if I hadn't run into you, I wouldn't be talking to you right now!"
He chuckles and says, "Ahh.. I see."

Isabel pauses for a few seconds, searching for the right words to say.
She ends up asking, "So are you here with your whole family?"

"Nope." He replied.
Isabel nodded as he continued.

"Just me and my brothers. My parents and Frankie are keeping the media busy so we can have a little vacation. They told the paparazzi we were in the Bahamas. Haha, not exactly nearby."

"Has anyone here recognized you yet?" Isabel questioned.
"Just you." He says and winks at her.
"Normally, I'd be wearing a disguise," he continued, "... but I'm glad I didn't."
And to Isabel's surprise, his cheeks flushed red.

"Why is that?" Isabel asks in a flirty tone.
"Because you probably wouldn't be talking to me still," he spoke with candor, but smiled politely.
"No," Isabel disagreed. "I would. I'd like you even if you weren't famous."
"Wow, thanks." He says, now with reassurance.

"Sure!" Isabel replied enthusiastically. "So my friend Kali and I are supposed to have a snowball fight soon, do you wanna come or are you busy?" She invited him.

"I'd love to!" he replied with no hesitation in his voice. "Can I invite my brothers?"

"Of course!" Isabel replied, anxious to meet the other two.

He thanked Isabel and dug into his pocket of his skinny jeans to fish out his cell phone. He dialed his brother's phone and pressed the green call button.
Once the person on the other line answered, he said, "Hey bro, what are you doing?"

"Eating." The other person replied, mouth full of food.
"Wow, did I even need to ask?" He replied, no surprise at all lingered in his voice.

"Probably not." He said, still not swallowing the bite.
"Alright, well I met this girl named Isabel and she and her friend are having a snowball fight and they invited us. You wanna come?"
"Yeah!" he replied enthusiastically.

"Ok."

He finished telling his brother the time they were meeting and the location they'd be heading to and hung up.

Once he hung up, he dialed his other brother's number and waited for the answer. When he heard the familiar voice on the other end of the phone, he said, "Hey Nick. My friend Isabel invited us to have a snowball fight with her and her friend, Kali. You wanna come?"

Nick was shocked that his brother Kevin had met Isabel. He didn't know who Isabel was, but evidently she was Kali's friend.
"Yeah! Wow! I'm with Kali right now!" He told Kevin.

Although Isabel knew she'd be hanging out with the Jonas Brothers, Kali was still unaware that Ned, wasn't in fact Ned.

"We're on our way!" Nick continued. "See ya soon!"

Kevin laughed at the coincidence, said bye, and pulled the phone away from his numbing ear.

***

"What's crazy?" Kali asked the person she knew as Ned, who was in fact Nick.

"My brother met your friend, Isabel!" Nick told her. Obviously, he wasn't thinking about what Kali would say or think when she found out who he really was.

"Haha, that is crazy." Kali agreed and kept walking alongside Nick.

They keep walking until they get to the wide open field covered in glistening white snow. Joe, Kevin, and Nick all walk over to each other and give each other brotherly hugs.

"Hey Kev, hey Nick." Joe says to each of them.

Kali is standing beside Nick, a shocked and confused look on her face at the sight of Joe and Kevin Jonas. She hears them call Ned by his real name and can't believe it.

"Nick?" She questions to herself, more than to anyone else. "Huh?" She wonders. "No way."

"Come on, dude. Take that wig off already. I already told you! There are no paparazzi here. And so far only Isabel has recognized me."

Nick hadn't thought this far ahead and hadn't noticed the surprised look on Kali's face until just now. He didn't know whether that was an angry expression that had taken it's place on her face, or if she was just in awe.

At this point, Nick turns to Kali and says, "Umm.. Kali. I'm really sorry for lying to you." He takes off his disguise, revealing the real Nick Jonas.

"Umm.. Wow." Kali finally speaks as she gives him a blank stare.

"Uh-oh." Nick says to himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it:)