One Lucky Ski Trip

I'm actually hugging Nick-freakin-Jonas.

Hesitating, Nick says, "Umm.. Kali I'm really sorry," and pulls off the wig he was using as a disguise. He runs his hands through his hair quickly to fix it and keeps his gaze locked on Kali.

Kali has no words for Nick, but manages to get out a simple, "Wow.." and a blank stare rests upon her face, as they stare at each other in silence. As Nick gives Kali an apologetic look, Joe yells, "AWKWARD!" and Isabel and Kevin start laughing along with Joe.

"Definitely." Kevin agrees. "Come on. Let's start building a fort," he suggests to the group.
Kali and Nick ignore Kevin's idea, but Joe and Isabel, (who had met during the awkward situation between Nick and Kali), decided to join Kevin.

Searching for some kind of response from Kali, Nick takes one of her hands in his and says, "Kali, please say something."

Unexpectedly, Kali started laughing. Probably at her stupidity. Evidently, she was still processing the new-found information about the man behind the mask.

"Haha. Wow... You're Nick Jonas," she says, still laughing at herself. A sudden, intuitive perception of the essential meaning of something, otherwise known as an epiphany, came upon her.

As Nick begins, "Ye-," she cuts him off.
"I KNEW I RECOGNIZED THAT SMILE!" she shouts, causing a nearby crowd of people to look at her questioningly.

Nick smiles at her and laughs at the lightbulb that turned on above her head. It was strange to him that she didn't notice him sooner. She was a fan, right? I guess she was looking, but not really seeing.

Nick apologizes once more time and pulls her into a hug. "It's alright, I understand," Kali tells him, even though she couldn't possibly understand the life of a worldwide phenomenon such as himself.

***

Kali's POV:
"Wow," I say to myself. I'm actually hugging Nick-freakin-Jonas. Aww, man! I told myself I wasn't going to be stupid if I ever met the Jonas Brothers! Look at me! I can't even get a full sentence out! I didn't think it would ever actually happen, though!
"Oh wow, he smells so good." I say quietly as I touch his hair. A dreamy sigh happens to escape me. His curls are sooooo perfect! Impossibly to resist! And look at me! I'm inhaling his breathtaking aroma and practically melting in his arms!
Nick sighs into our hug and I'm worried I may have held on to him for a few seconds too long, so I pull away.

***

Nick's POV:
"Wow." I say to myself. I feel really bad for lying to her like that. I had to, though! But thank God she forgave me! I think I'm starting to like her! I know I only met her a few hours ago, but she's so cool! I sigh and continue with my thoughts. I really don't want this hug to end. Ironically, when I think that to myself, Kali starts to pull away. No! No! Not ye- Aww man. And it's over. That was that. Oh well, a hug is a hug!

***

Kali had previously been too preoccupied to introduce herself to Nick's brothers. She just happened to already know the names of them, considering they're the Jonas Brothers! Not wanting to be rude, she walks over to Joe and Kevin to make her appearance.

"Well, I already know your names," she says to Joe and Kevin while giggling, "...but I'm Kali. Nice to meet you." She flashes a huge grin and waits for them to reply.

"The name's Joe." Joe says to her confidently and extends a friendly hand. She takes it and turns to Kevin.
"Hey I'm Kevin, as you already know." He says to Kali politely and also shakes her hand.

Since Joe, Isabel, and Kevin had decided to begin working on their fort while Kali and Nick were working out their own problems, Kali turns to Nick and comes up with a game plan.

"Let's go make our own fort!" she tells him. "We can be on our own team and still dominate!" she exclaims and sends a silly grin his way.
Nick agrees and says, "Oh yeah!" and quickly shouts, "You guys are going down!" to Kevin, Isabel, and Joe, while pointing his index finger towards the snowy ground.

"Excuse me?" Isabel asks with an attitude, referring to his comment of "You guys are going down!"
Nick laughs and continues, "I apologize. You ladies are going down!" and smirks at his brothers.
Kevin and Joe give Nick a dirty look and in unison say something along the lines of, "Oh! It's on bro!"

And the competition had begun.

***

After many not-so-spherical snowballs were fired across the field, and many body parts had come in contact with ice cold snow, Kali and Nick sadly ended up losing and Joe, Kevin, and Isabel were quick to celebrate their victory.

"Haha! We are the wieners mon!" Isabel shouts. "Woo!!" she screams, cupping her hands to the sides of her mouth, to create a louder sound.

Joe laughs and yells, "You're crazy!" to Isabel where she laughs and snaps back, "But I'm a cute kind-of-crazy!"
Kevin was quick to take this opportunity and says, "Definitely." and winks at her, causing her to blush and giggle giddily.

"So do you guys want to hang out some more?" She asks the guys, ".. or do you have something to do?"
"Nope!" Nick responds quickly. "Let's hang out! What should we do?" He asks the new group of friends.
"How about we all just go back to our condo and watch a movie or something? I'm freezing!" Kali suggests, while rubbing her arms, displaying that she's really cold.

Joe complied with Kali and said, "Sounds good to me!" He was also shivering.
"Yeah, let's go." Kevin says and begins to walk.
"I'm gonna call Catherine and David real quick," Isabel tells them and walks off a few feet in order to hear more effectively.

Isabel called, but no one answered so she left a message. "Hey it's Isabel- you'll never believe who we met! The Jonas Brothers! And we're all hanging out at the condo so you two lovebirds need to get your butts over here now if you wanna meet them! Love you! Bye."