One Lucky Ski Trip

".. but I feel like peanut butter in mac n' cheese

The group decided that they would watch a movie at the girls' condo and they began the 7 minute walk to their destination. On the way, they engaged in interesting conversations including opinions on global warming, our new president, and they even got into a heated debate about abortion.

When they arrived at the door plated with the numbers 217 in gold across the center, Kali struggled to pull the key out of her frozen coat pocket. She finally retrieved the key and pushed it into the hollow keyhole, turning it and pressing firmly on the door to open it.

Kali walked in, the 3 brothers and Isabel following behind her.
"Wow, it's sooo cold!" Kali exclaims while she rubs her shoulders, in order to obtain heat. "I'm gonna go take a shower to warm up. Any of you can use the other shower if you want." She tells them and walks to her bathroom.

Before anyone else has the chance to accept Kali's offer, Joe yells, "Got it!" and runs quickly to the spare bathroom, shuts the door and locks it just as quickly.

Since the boys were lodging at the condo across the street, Nick and Kevin took a trip over there to get dry clothes for themselves and for Joe, who had apparently forgotten that he only had wet, cold clothing awaiting him when he finished in the shower.

When Nick and Kevin return, they lay Joe's clothes outside the bathroom door and make their way to the livingroom, where Isabel tells them to make themselves at home. Isabel hands the remote over to Nick because all she could find to watch was a not-so-interesting episode of Spongebob.

Evidently, Joe found the warm clothes outside his bathroom door and slipped them on. Nick and Kevin had brought him a simple, white v-neck tshirt and a pair of grey sweats. By coincidence, Kali walked out wearing the exact same thing and before glancing at Joe's matching outfit, pulled her hair into a loose ponytail.

Joe used his towel to rub his hair dry and then shook it out like a dog. Kali laughed at him, first about his method of hair-drying, and then glanced down at his clothing.

Joe looked up at the sound of her laugh and also chuckled as they both proceeded into the livingroom.
"Somebody else can use the showers now. We're done." Kali tells the shivering boys waiting on the couch.

Isabel, Nick, and Kevin happened to look up at the exact same time and saw that Kali and Joe were in fact wearing the same outfit. They all laughed and Isabel offered to let Nick and Kevin take their showers before hers, seeing that they were guests and all.

Nick and Kevin took nice, warm showers and then Isabel took hers last. Since she had nobody waiting to take a shower after her, she figured she could take as long as she wanted and she wanted to "defrost". She had already been in there for 45 minutes when Kali finally decided she didn't want to wait any longer for Isabel.

She walked over to the gas fireplace, pressed the on button and then walked towards the kitchen.
"Does anybody want anything to eat or drink?" She asked the 3 boys.

Nick was quick to assist her, "Yeah! I'll help you!" He said and rose off the couch, jogging to the kitchen.

In unison, Joe and Kevin request, "Hot chocolate, please!" and continue to keep their eyes focused on the TV screen where Spongebob and Patrick were singing the "F-U-N song". Nick had failed to find anything better on to watch, and they had to admit- they didn't mind watching cartoons every now and then.

"Mmkay. Do you want hot cocoa too, Nick?" Kali asks Nick when they get into the kitchen.
"Yup." he replies and turns to face her, flashing a wide grin.

Once Kali presses the power button on the microwave, she hops up onto the countertop and crosses her legs, Indian style. Nick leans on the cabinet beside him and stares at her intently.

In order to cease the awkward silence, Kali asks, "So why were you wearing a disguise? Your brother said there's no paparazzi here."

With no hesitation in his voice, Nick replied, "I guess I just don't want to risk it. They'll go to unbelievable measures to snap a media-worthy picture of us. I didn't really want to be mobbed by fans either on my vacation. We appreciate them so much, but we need some peace and quiet every once in a while."

"Yeah, that's understandable." Kali replied; although she had no idea how they must feel, the paparazzi trying to tag you with the latest scandal.

***

While Kali and Nick are in the kitchen making food and drinks for everyone, Joe and Kevin strike up an intersting, but strange conversation.

"So are you happy we met the girls?" Kevin asks Joe, and turns to face him.
Joe reluctantly takes his eyes off the TV screen and turns to face Kevin to answer his question.
"Yeah, definitely," he tells him, ".. but I feel like peanut butter in mac n' cheese."
"Huh?!" Kevin replies in shock, not knowing at all what Joe could possibly mean by this statement.

As Joe begins to daze off into his own world, he says to himself, "Hmm... I wonder how that would taste?" and tries to imagine the two foods together in one meal.

Grabbing his attention again, Kevin exclaims, "JOE! What do you mean you feel like peanut butter in mac n' cheese?"
"Well, because I think Kali and Nick might like each other and it's obvious that you and Isabel like each other! You were flirting all afternoon!" Joe tells Kevin, and winks at him.

Kevin immediately starts blushing at the mention of his and Isabel's banter earlier in the day. "Don't worry Joe, we'll find you a girl." Kevin tells him in reassurance.

Mumbling so Kevin couldn't here him, Joe says quietly, "I already found the one I want.." and trailed off.
"What was that Joe?" Kevin asks, not hearing what he said the first time.

As Joe began, "Kevin, I.. I think I like-" he was cut off by Nick and Kali storming into the livingroom and Kali excitedly saying, "Okay! We have popcorn, hot cocoa with mini marshmallows, and chocolate! Dig in!" She tells them and sets the array of snacks on the coffee table in front of them.

"What movie do you guys want to watch?" Kali asks as she walks over to view the massive collection of DVD's that are displayed in a glass cabinet next to the TV.

Isabel bursts into the room at that very moment, and having overheard Kali's question, she screams out, "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion!" and skips over to the couch, stealing a seat beside Kevin.

Kevin scoots over a little bit to make more room for her, while laughing at her movie request. "That movie is so funny!" He exclaims.

Kali also laughs, but says, "Yeah, but I've seen it sooo many times."
Joe giggles and agrees, "Yeah, me too. How about an action movie!" He enthusiastically suggests and jumps slightly in his seat.

"Pearl Harbor anyone?" Kali asks. This wasn't a surprise because Pearl Harbor was in fact one of her favorite movies.
Isabel laughs and snaps, "As if you haven't seen that movie a million times either!"

Although Isabel attempted to persuade the group to watch her movie; Nick, Joe, and Kali wanted to watch Pearl Harbor, and as we all know, majority wins.

At the same time, Kevin and Isabel say, "Fine.." angrily and then laugh at their synchronized speech.
Kali slips the DVD out of its case and pops it into the DVD player above the big screen TV.

Before Kali sits down between Nick and Joe, Kevin whispers to Joe, "We need to talk later!"

Nick overhears Kevin say that to Joe and stupidly asks, "Talk about what?"
Not wanting Nick to know the subject of his future conversation with Joe, Kevin dodges the question by saying, "What? Oh.. um.. nothing." and looks away, avoiding eye contact with his youngest brother.

Nick knew better than that though. He pushes, "Come on, Kev. You don't want the girls to think we're hiding something from them." Nick says loudly, causing both Kali and Isabel's head to turn in their direction. They were both curious now.

Kevin had no excuse for them, so he turned to Joe for assistance in finding a believable one.
Joe caught the hint and said, "Oh. Well we were just talking about.. umm.. hanging out tomorrow?" He asks and raises his eyebrows. ".. and umm.. possibly dinner?" He suggests, hoping they wouldn't see through his excuse.

Kevin slips Joe a "good job" look as Kali says, "That would be fun!" and smiled at Joe.
Remembering their other friends who had accompanied them, Isabel says, "Yeah! Then Catherine and David could come!"

"Who are they?" Joe asks curiously.
"Our best friend and her boyfriend," Kali tells him and presses play on the DVD player remote.
"Oh, cool." Joe says, and smiles at Kali.

Kali gets up from her spot on the couch and turns the lights off.
The seating arrangements go as follows:
Nick, Kali, then Joe on 1 couch, and Isabel and Kevin on the other couch, perpendicular to the latter.

After watching the movie in silence and anticipation, the end approaches and Kali starts crying. Everytime they watch Pearl Harbor, she has the same reaction.
Joe glances over, which he had been doing quite often during the length of the movie, and notices that Kali is crying. He quietly grabs a Kleenex and passes it over to her.
"Here you go." He says and smiles.

Kali giggles at herself and at Joe's offer, grabs the Kleenex and says, "Thanks. I just can't imagine having to go through something like this. And he was going to be a father."
As she spoke her last sentence, Kali continues crying even harder than before, but tries her best not to. She thought she was making herself look like a fool, but honestly, nobody minded.
"Yeah, me either," Joe agrees, sympathetically.

Nick sees them talking and scoots a little closer to Kali, in jealousy. She notices him move closer and look at him and smiles. Then she rests her head on his shoulder and continues watching. Joe rolls his eyes and looks back at the movie. They watch the rest of the movie and by the end, Kali and Kevin had both fallen asleep. By this time it was getting late, so Joe wakes up Kevin and the boys say bye to Isabel, leaving Kali asleep on the couch.

"Bye. Thanks for letting us come over." Joe says and pulls Isabel into a friendly hug.
"No problem." She tells him, and then gets pulled into another hug by Kevin. This hug wasn't just a friendly hug. They both smiled into each other and then pulled away as Kevin asked, "So what time do you ladies want to hang out tomorrow?"

"Hmm. How about 11?" Isabel asks, thinking she'll probably want to sleep in the next day. She did take into consideration, though, that she would be hanging out with thee Jonas Brothers again, and probably wouldn't be able to get a wink of sleep anyways.

"Ok. Sounds good see you tomorrow!" Kevin says, and smiles one last time before closing the door behind him and his brothers.