One Lucky Ski Trip

"I'll order you a chicken caesar!"

When Jake arrived, I didn't know what to expect. I had always had fun around him, so I knew tonight wouldn't be predictable- or I hoped it wouldn't be anyway.

"Close your eyes," he said to me.
"Ok, but why?" I wondered.
"Because I have a surprise for you."
I obeyed and closed my eyes, while a smile swept across my face because he had a surprise for me!

About 5 minutes later, the car came to a stop and I was extremely anxious.

"Ok. Open them!" He exclaims.
I open my eyes and at the sight of my surprise, I'm speechless. Not in a good way either.
"Surprise!" He says.
After a few moments of silence, he asks, "Great surprise, right?"
With my voice full of sarcasm, I say, "Absolutely fantastic..."

Wow. I don't even know what to say right now.
First, he wears a wrinkled shirt that smells like stinky fish, and now he brings me to McDonalds?! Is he serious? Is it me?? Is this just a pity date or something?!

He interrupts my thoughts and questions, "Is everything alright?" as he watches me sit there in silence.
I finally snap out of it and say, "Yeah, sorry."
I hoped the date would get better.

"Ok. Let's go!" He encourages. "You can have whatever you like. I pay." he says.
Oh, what a gentleman.
I tried not to make things awkward so I decided to joke with him.
"Aww, thanks Jake! A big mac and fries! That must cost a fortune!" I giggle.

Unfortunately, that wasn't very funny to him.
"Very funny." he said angrily as he sent a mean look my way. "I was actually thinking you should get a salad."
Now he was completely serious when he said this.
I was pissed.
"Excuse me?" I asked him, not sure if I heard him right.

I guess he didn't notice the shocked look I had on my face because he said, "Well, you know. No offense or anything, but what do you weigh? Like 150?"
This was not cool. Not cool at all. I only weigh 126.
My eyes started to get watery at his comment and I responded a simple, "No."

We were sitting down at a table and an exceedingly skinny girl walks by. He stares at her butt and I notice. This was just too much. I got up and ran to the bathroom, tears filling my eyes.

As if that wasn't enough already, he calls after me, "Ok! Don't fall in! I'll order you a chicken caesar!"

How could I fucking fall in if I weighed 150 pounds?

When I came back out of the bathroom, I saw the same girl that had walked by earlier, sitting at the table across from Jake.

"Why is he being like this?" I asked myself.
Jake has never been the type of guy to go for a girl just for her looks! That girl is maybe what- 100 pounds soaking wet?? She is so skinny. I can never compare to that.

Kali starts crying and holds onto herself, as if she was going to fall apart. She leaves Jake there without saying goodbye and runs out the door and goes home. When Kali gets home, she sees that Isabel and Catherine had both fallen asleep. They decided to stay the night since they were leaving extremely early in the morning. Kali went to turn the TV off and walked upstairs to her bedroom and went to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jake pisses me off in this chapter.
By the way, 150 pounds is NOT fat. At all.

Characters featured in this chapter:

Kali
Jake
Skinny Blonde Girl