One Lucky Ski Trip

"I'm sorry, Mr. Officer. Were we speedin'? I-"

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!"
The alarm blares.

Kali's POV:
I hit the alarm and sit up slowly, attempting to avoid a head rush.
"Ugh. Kali plus 5 in the morning equals disaster." I say quietly to myself as I rub my eyes.
"Catherine! Isabel! Wake up!" I yell, while shaking both of them.
They didn't respond. "Come on. Get up!" I said.
I stood up and walked to the bathroom. As I glance out to check on the girls, they are sitting up at this point. That's a good sign, considering it's this early.

To make sure they didn't fall back asleep, Kali plugged her iPod into my speakers and turned the volume up just loud enough that it wouldn't wake her sister up.

Kali's POV:
Wow. Today's the day! We're actually leaving for Aspen today! This couldn't be more exciting! A whole week with my best friends! Plus hot chocolate and gorgeous snowboarders! I'll get over Jake in no time. I'm still pretty upset about it. I just don't know what's gotten into him. Oh well. This week is going to be stress and worry free!

Vicky=Kali's Mom
Vicky walks into Kali's room as they're dancing around in their bra's and undies listening to Burnin' Up.

"Are you girls u- Wow." She stops herself. "Not even gonna ask." She says as she lets out a giggle and closes the door.
All the girls started laughing.

"So what's first on our agenda for Aspen?" Catherine asked me, while brushing her hair.

"Well, there's no agenda," I reply, "but we're definitely going to be hungry and tired from driving, so why don't we just get something to eat when we get there and then get some rest. Sound good?"

"Yup! I'm so exicted! Thankyou guys so much for inviting me!" Isabel exclaims.

"No problem," Catherine and I respond in unison.

"Ok. Time to get dressed!" I tell them.

Since we would be driving for 13 hours, I decided to wear something comfy. I threw on my favorite pair of black sweats and my new Jonas Brothers sweatshirt that I had received in the mail on Monday. I'm so excited it's finally here! I waited forever for my sweatshirt! Anyways, I chose to be warm and comfortable. Catherine, on the other hand, did not.

"Umm... Catherine?" I ask her.

"Yes?"

Isabel answers, "Hellurr!? We're gonna be driving for like ever! And you choose to wear a sundress and high heels?! Have you even noticed how cold it is outside?!"

I agree, "Yeah! Not to mention slippery as hell. Girl! How you gonna work those heels right without fallin' flat on your face?!"

Catherine laughs and says, "Ladies, ladies... Calm down! There's a completely understandable reason for this!"

"... and that is?" Isabel asks, as we both stand there curious about her reasoning.

"In case a hot cop pulls us over! Duhh! Are you guys even thinking and planning ahead?!" Catherine asks us, as if we were completely dumb-founded.

I reply in a sarcastic tone, "Oh! Duhh!! How could I be so clueless?!"
I roll my eyes and giggle as I pull my hair into a messy pony tail.

"Whatever.." Catherine says, as she throws on some earrings and loosely curls her hair.

"And we better not get pulled over!" I say, reacting extremely late to her earlier comment. I continue, "If we do, it's your fault and you get to either pay or talk us out of a ticket!"

You see, Catherine's always had this way of being able to talk herself out of anything: getting suspended, arriving late for school, pulling pranks on her little sisters- and well, the list goes on and on.

"Haha ok. No problem." Catherine says.
We waited to find out how exactly she would do this.

Catherine says in a sexy voice, "I'm sorry, Mr. Officer. Were we speedin'? I-"

She was interrupted by my mom hollering, "Girls! Time to go!"

"Haha, Catherine I guess you just need to save that for the trip." Isabel tells her, as we laugh and walk outside.

The girls give Kali's parents hugs goodbye and Kali's mom slips 500 extra dollars in her pocket without Kali noticing. (She knew Kali wouldn't accept it.) They pet Koa one last time and get in Kali's car. They had already loaded their luggage the previous night.
And they were off, anxious to see what awaited them in Aspen, Colorado.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like it so far:)
Leave comments and stuff:)

Characters featured in this chapter:

Kali
Catherine
Isabel
Kali's Mom