Promise Not to Break My Little Heart or Leave Me All Alone

Chapter 17

“Welcome to Las Vegas”

I read the sign saying that I had arrived home already. I have been renting an apartment ever since College because I couldn’t live with my parents anymore. Our house was too far from the school so I had to get an apartment that was nearer.

I unlock my apartment door and saw the same old sight of it. It was quite clean because I remembered cleaning up before heading to the beach. Good thing I cleaned up because I wouldn’t want to clean right now. All I want to do is rest and sleep. I feel so tired from the long ride. I crashed on my bed and fell right to sleep.

Image

I was awakened by the sunshine coming from my window. I had to think for a second on where I was. It felt different to be waking up in my apartment. I was used to the hotel room I used to stay in.

I sigh and sat up. What would I do now? I still had two days left until school starts. I checked my phone again, half expecting to have a missed call, but there was nothing. I heave a sigh again in frustration. That’s when I thought that I should just leave this phone alone and get a new one. Yeah, I should get a new phone and a new number. That would cheer me up a little. I decided to bury my phone in an old cabinet and just let the battery drain.

I changed and headed to the nearest phone store. What can I buy? Anything was good. I just needed a new one. I picked a moderately expensive phone and tried it already. I sent messages to all the people I know saying that I had changed my number and that this was my new one.

A part of me was saying, what if he called me on my old number? I laughed it out because if he wanted to call, he should have done it days ago. He would never call anymore and I accepted it already. I gave him a week, but he never did so this is the part wherein I let it go and continue moving on.

I decided to call my mom and tell her that I am back from the beach already.

I heard the phone ringing, and waited for her to pick up

“Hello?” I heard my mom say

“Hey mom, I’ve got a new number” I tell her

“Oh, really, why’d you change?” she asked

“Just, I dunno. I wanted change I guess”

“Okay then. So, how have you been?” she inquired

“I am doing well. School starts in two days.” I informed her

“Oh? Really? Are you all set already? This is your last year darling! You’re finally graduating!” she squealed

“Yes.” I tried to sound enthusiastic

“I know you’ll do well honey. We all believe in you” she said, encouraging me.

“Thanks for the support mom” I say

“Anytime”

“Well, I have to go now. I’ll see you soon!”

“Ok, be careful and take care of yourself at all times OK?”

“Yes mom”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know, it's a filler... But, I have good news! You guys will know why he left in chapter 19! yay! hahaha! Let's look at the bright side shall we? comment?. So, here's the deal, if i reach 75 comments, I'll update tomorrow. PROMISE. If you guys don't reach it, it's OK. It's just one thing I am giving you to get another update sooner. :) I want to hear what others have to say...

Anyway, I posted a requested one shot and I hope you guys try reading it? Honestly, it's my first time to wrtite one because I don't usually write one shots and no one asked me yet until recently. (:

It's a One Shot Thing

P.S. It's an Alex Gaskarth one shot btw