Status: Hiatus until YNAUYD is complete - sorry.

Tainted Love

Wolves At The Door

I sat alone in the bar, staring at my drink, tears slipping silently down my cheeks. I didn’t know what I was supposed to think. Maybe I should be grateful, if Brian had saved my life. Maybe I should be offended that they took the other girls, but not me. Maybe I should be miserable because I was now alone.
I had a secret to keep, and no-one to talk to. And on top of all that, I had some… Things after me. They wanted to kill me, and I didn’t know who or what or where they were.
At that thought, I lifted my head, and looked around. No-one was paying me any more attention than normal. I let out a low breath of air, and pulled the note back out my pocket.
Immediately, I felt eyes on me, and looked around. A group of large, tanned men were watching me, their eyes hidden by large sunglasses. A couple of them were wearing smirks, which looked almost triumphant. Swallowing, I put the note away, downed the rest of my drink, and left. They watched me out the window as I walked down the street.

*Brian’s P.O.V*

I sat in the van by myself, the radio blaring to try and still my painful thoughts, staring out the window as Jimmy and Zack laid into the girl lying by the side of the road. Her name was Jessie, and she had been with us for a little way, thanks to Jimmy, who insisted that he felt something different for this one, but his hunger had gotten the best of him. I didn’t have an appetite.
The door slid open, and Bella appeared, sliding into the seat next to me, and turning the radio down, before wiping her bloody mouth on the back of her hand. “What's wrong with you? Why aren’t you eating?”
I scoffed; she knew exactly what was wrong with me, the bitch.
“Not hungry,” I grunted, still staring out the window. She sighed.
“Brian, you couldn’t have brought her. She’s too young for this.”
I shrugged in reply. This was a waste of time, she knew I wouldn't respond. She groaned, and turned my head around so I had no choice but to look at her.
“Do I have to bring Matt to have another talk to you?” she asked. I touched my bust lip, and shook my head. She smiled. “Good. Can you see where we’re coming from, Brian? We’ve dealt with Wolves before, we know what we’re doing. She wouldn’t have a clue.”
“She’d hinder us,” I finished for her, my blood boiling and my teeth clenched. Bella flinched at the rage in my voice.
“I’m sorry, but surely you can see sense? You know what I mean, don’t you? She’d get us all killed, including herself.”
I shoved her hand away, and turned my back on her. “They’re still there, in Huntington. They’re going to find her, I know it.”
“Brian, they won’t, don’t say…”
“They’ll kill her, and I won’t be there, because you fucking dragged me away!” I yelled, throwing the door open and storming off. I heard their voices calling after me, but I didn’t care. I was going back, with or without them.

*Morgan’s P.O.V*

I didn’t go into work for a long time after. I couldn’t bring myself to do it, and I couldn‘t imagine seeing Alice, who was now engaged. I wouldn’t be able to be happy for her, because I was too busy feeling sorry for myself and swearing myself away from love.
Louise came to see me all the time, and we sat about, the two spinsters, lamenting the loss of the people we loved. Until one day we were joined by some unexpected guests.
“Hello,” said the first man. “My name’s Carlos. Are you Morgan?”
I gave a tiny nod, and he smiled. “Do you think I and my friends could come inside?”
“Who is it, Morgan?” Louise called. I was torn. I was sure I'd seen these guys before, and they were kid of creeping me out.
Slowly, I shook my head.
“Sorry, now isn’t a good time.” I tried to shut the door, but Carlos suddenly put his foot in the way.
“It wasn’t really a question,” he growled, his smile now gone, and one of his friends forced the door fully open.
“Morgan?!” I heard Louise shout, panicking.
“No, stay there! I‘m fine!” I shouted back, walking backwards as they advanced on me, until I could shut the door that led to the living room. I pressed against it to keep her in. To them, I said coolly, “I take it you’re the people who found Brian’s note and want to kill me?”
Carlos grinned, and turned to his friends. “I think that was a confession, don’t you?”
I swallowed. “Come and get me then,” I dared before darting between them and racing out the flat, down the stairs, and out the block. What I didn’t count on was how fast they could run. “Get off me!”
“I do love a challenge,” one of Carlos’ friends laughed as he caught my wrists, pinning my arms behind my back and pushing me up against a wall. “Where’s the car?”
I bit my tongue to hold back a reply, and hoped that Louise had stayed inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter thirteen (:
Brian ): </3
Title credit - Senses Fail