I'll Stand up With You Forever

How This World Turns

Ruby sighed as she pulled her sunglasses over her eyes and stepped out of her big brother's silver Lexus. After three Frank-less days hanging around Johnny's large empty house she had decided to trek into L.A. for a little retail therapy. She had forgotten how good it was to just wander round the city with the sun on her back and hear her black Giuseppe Zanotti sandals slap against the sidewalk. She twisted her hair into something that vaguely resembled a bun and pinned it behind her head. Her brother had some kind of event in a couple of days that he wanted her to attend and she needed a dress, hence the shopping.

She entered the first boutique and smiled when she spotted the rail of Betsey Johnson and within five minutes she had half a dozen dresses in her hands and only one was a possible for the event but the other five were definitely being bought. Suddenly the familiar tones of Joan Jett and The Blackhearts met her ears and she shuffled the hangers around to rummage through her bag for her phone.

"Is this my conscience calling?" she smiled.

Frank laughed down the line, "Should it be?"

"Well, I have a handful of Betsey and I just spotted the accessories."

"Uh oh, missing me that much that you have to splurge on dresses?"

She laughed, "No, well maybe a little, Johnny wants me to go to this event and I didn't bring any eventy clothes with me."

"You mean it wasn't the perfect excuse for a little trip back to Jersey?"

"Sorry baby, if I leave I may never come back. Plus they're super pretty dresses," she smiled as she wandered further into the store, ignoring the sales girl watching her from behind the counter.

"My plan has been foiled," he chuckled.

"So when you coming to see me?" she asked eagerly as she ran her fingers over a pretty charm bracelet.

He sighed, "Probably not for another month or so, every time I think I'm done there's always something else coming up at the studio."

"You know where there's a big ass studio that no one is currently using? San Diego. That place your fiance is living for a little while," she wandered towards the shoes and a beautiful pair of four inch heeled shoe boots she would never get to wear at home for fear of towering over her almost husband.

"I know but the rest of the band will not take a field trip out to San D just cause I miss my girl," Frank sighed.

"Damn those band men, can I yell at them next time I see them?"

He laughed, "You can sure as hell try, as long as you're not yelling at me again everything's good."

"I didn't yell that loud did I?" she cringed as she headed towards the fitting room at the back of the store.

"It was fucking scary dude."

Ruby laughed as the sales girl took her dresses into a little cubicle and she nodded her thanks as she pulled the curtain closed, "I have to try some pretty dresses on now so I'll call you later."

"Aw man, you're so not going to end this with an image of you undressing in my head," Frank groaned quietly.

"Good luck with that," she smiled, "I love you Frankie."

"Love you too baby."