Love in Cold Blood

Chapter 21: Stonehenge?

Chapter 21: Stonehenge?

I yawned as I began to wake up. I squeezed my eyes shut; I was still tired from the day before. “The day before?” I asked myself “What happened?” At that moment I flipped over in bed, my left arm flinging from my side, smacking something hard. “Huh?” I thought moving my hand. “What is this?” I heard a chuckled emanating from the stone.
“Whahhh!?” I shouted my eyes shooting open and sitting up.
“Whahhh?” the stone asked back in a quizzical tone. “What’s that mean?”
I looked up to his face. I felt as if I needed to close my eyes, all that perfection and beauty right when I wake up. I’m going to burn out my retinas.
“It means ‘What the heck? I wasn’t expecting that!’”
“Oh.” Said he
“Yes.” I sighed my eyes wandering south to his chest, his shirtless chest. That didn’t help at all.
“So, what are we doing today?” I asked my eyes shooting up to his, surly a blush on my face.
“What ever you and Bella want.” Jasper responded “It’s both you and her’s first time. I’m sure when we meet in the lobby we’ll plan.”
“Ok.” I said “Is everyone awake?”
“Bella isn’t yet, she’ll be soon.”
“I should get dressed.” I said regretfully, I didn’t want to leave.
“You don’t have to…” he smirked
I blushed again and grabbed clothes from my drawer and by washroom things. Once in the bathroom, I tried to calm down, unsuccessfully. I couldn’t forget the figure right outside my door. The man I was in the same bed with last night… Once that thought entered my head, I couldn’t erase the scarlet from my cheeks. After showering, dressing and brushing my teeth, twice, I reentered the large bedroom. I saw Jasper, fully clothed (“Darn!” I mentally exclaimed) setting out a large breakfast, big enough for two.
“I ordered room service for you.” He explained as he held out a chair for me. I ate slowly, chewing my food and sipping my orange juice, looking up at his amazing face that made me want to faint every time I gazed upon it.
“You done?” he asked when I had finished.
“Yep!” I said bouncing up smiling.
“Bella too, they’re waiting for us in the lobby.” He smiled also.
We walked together to the elevator and let it sink down to the first floor. Right before the door opened (we were alone) he quickly and unexpectedly laid his cold lips on mine causing me to forget where we were. I was so flustered that he had to pull me from the elevator before the door closed on me. He laughed.
Jasper and I joined the group that was his family in a large room off the lobby. I sat next to Bella on the loveseat. She smiled at me.
“So guys, what do you want to do today?” said a cheerful Carlisle, mostly speaking to Bella and I.
“Big Ben.” Spoke up Bella
“Yes, that’s planned along with Buckingham Palace, St. Paul’s, Windsor and, King’s College.” Informed Carlisle “Anywhere else?”
“Stonehenge!” I said automatically raising my hand from habit.
I heard many of the Cullen’s laugh, including Jasper and Bella.
“We can fit that in there.” Said Carlisle “That’s in Wiltshire so, yeah. No problem.” The doctor smiled.
“Ready?” squeaked little Alice.
“Yes!”
The first place we went was Buckingham Palace where we were given a private tour. I didn’t even want to know how Alice (I was assuming it was Alice, it’s always Alice) pulled that off. As we were walking through the ornate halls of the palace I was suddenly sad I didn’t have a camera. My digital from home broke and I hadn’t thought to buy disposables. Noticing my frown, Jasper poked my arm.
“Do you want this?” asked Jasper, smiling. He held out a thin black and silver digital camera, a top-of-the-line model.
A smile lit up my face and I nodded flashing pictures of the walls. I heard Jasper laugh so I flashed several of him.
The trip was wonderful. St. Paul’s Cathedral was beautiful with its ancient carvings and paintings. Carlisle seemed to have fun too.
“I remember hearing of this place when I was just a child.” He remarked when we reached Windsor Castle. “It seems so long ago, at least I know something else is still the same, or nearly!” he remarked. Bella got to see Big Ben too. She stared at the large Clock tower with the queerest expression on her face. The only more interesting face she made was when she walked through the moors. She had this great lost look on her face, as if she was remembering something, or reliving.
“I feel like Cathy.” I remarked off-hand as I walked past her.
“You too?!” she ejaculated
“You like ‘Wuthering Heights’?” I asked surprised
“I love it; it’s my very favorite love story!”
I smiled “Me too.” I felt we had bonded it that moment, over ‘Wuthering Heights’.
“She likes it too much.” Remarked Edward “She practically abuses the book.” He smiled half a smile.
“Oh I’m on my second one; my first fell apart because of the many times it was read through.”
Even Rosalie and Emmett had a good time. Rosalie seemed to enjoy the high class of people and the amount of admirers she acquired. Emmett nearly had a fit anytime anyone spoke. For some reason the British accent was overly amusing.
“It’s funny is it?” asked Carlisle at his son’s amusement. “I used to talk like that, mind you.”
“But not anymore.” Said Rosalie
“I might get it back!” laughed the doctor “Being here so long!”
“Do it!” laughed Emmett
I looked at the doctor.
“All right!” he said “Is this good enough for you? God, I feel like saying ‘ye’ that is how we talked.”
I stared at his amazing accent. It sounded as if he’d lived in England all his life. Technically he had, all his ‘life’.
Emmett burst out laughing and destroyed my musings.
Alice had fun too dressing Bella and I up like over-sized Barbies.
“Just one more!” she complained when Bella refused to try on another dress. Alice shoved three over the door. I was good natured and bought several things. I didn’t even look at the tags, I was sure they were expensive but I felt better using the card I had gotten as a gift. I saw Alice smiling as I made my purchases.
“I think that’s everywhere!” said Esme “are you sure there are no other places?” she asked
“We’re sure.” Said Bella, nearly sleeping on Edward’s arm.
“Then we’re on to Paris!” said Alice, overly happy. “You guys are going to gander at all the shops, they’re wonderful!” she laughed, her eyes bright.
“Are you ready to sleep?” whispered Jasper who had held my hand through all the adventures.
“Yes.” I said practically dead on my feet.
“Then sleep.” He said letting me drift off into sleep.