Love in Cold Blood

Chapter 23: Dinner and a Movie

Chapter 23: Dinner and a Movie

“So, what’s for dinner?” I asked Bella as we sat on the large white sofa in the living room of the large house the Cullen’s had rented for us to stay in while in Paris.
“I don’t know.” She responded
“What do you feel like? Do you want to order in room service or get someone to take us out?” Bella and I had been fending for ourselves in the food area, most of the time we either went out to get food at a café or ordered room service.
“Maybe French?” she said
“That’s up to Edward.” Said Alice making Bella jump. Alice was now daintily leaning against the back of the sofa when, she had been on the second floor a second ago. I laughed.
“Why are you always jumping?” I asked Bella, she was always surprised when one of the Cullen’s appeared.
“I always wonder why you never do.” She rebuffed “You never get surprised!”
“I guess not.” I mused “Hi Emmett!” I reached back my hand to touch his cool forearm.
“Darn it!” he said “I was trying to be quiet.”
“You were.” I said. Alice looked at me with a quizzical look.
“Wait.” Said Isabella “What about Edward?”
“Edward,” said Alice hopping from the back of the sofa to the cushion beside me “And Jasper for that matter are taking you out for dinner.”
“The dresses?” I asked
Alice nodded “Parisian Restaurants are high class. I expect you to look that way.” She threw a look at Bella.
“It looks good on you.” Complimented Bella when I had been set in my dress and Alice and Rosalie had finished with my hair and make-up.
“You do too.” I said looking at her dark blue dress “Edward will faint when he sees you.” She blushed.
“He can’t faint.” Rosalie reprimanded.
“Then he’ll stop breathing.”
“Lets go.” Said Alice smiling, she really seemed to be enjoying herself.
As Bella and I trekked down the stairs, both trying not to trip in the high heels Alice forced on us, I doing better than Bella, She was hanging on to my arm and the railing for dear life, I saw our respected boyfriends both dressed up in dark suits and ties.
“You look lovely.” Said Edward to Bella as he caught her when she just about fell off the last step.
I walked over to Jasper. He hadn’t said a word yet, he was just gazing at me, when a brilliant smile broke over his face.
“You’re more beautiful than words can describe.” He whispered. I blushed.
“Are we going?” I asked Edward and Bella had left the house.
“Yes.” He answered moving us toward the door. He led me to a sleek black car whose door he opened for me.
“You do look so beautiful.” He said smiling in the dark.
“You look pretty snazzy yourself.” I responded, looking at his dark coat which made his skin stand out as even paler and his yellow hair that shone silver in the moonlight.
“So,” I asked “Where are we going?”
“The perfect first date out.” He laughed “A classic, dinner and a movie.”
“We’re seeing a movie?” I asked “You know I can’t speak French.”
“Well, not a movie exactly.”
“Then what?” I asked
“You’ll see.”
We stopped outside a large building that was clearly a high class restaurant. Jasper spoke to the man in a tux at the front and I recognized the name “Hale.” The rest was complete jargon.
The man took us to a small table near the back. There were only a few tables in the entire restaurant. As I took my seat I looked out the large window.
“Magnificent.” I murmured “You can see the Eifel Tower.” I said turning to Jasper. He wasn’t looking at the view. He was looking at me.
“What?” I asked “Is there something on my face?”
“Only the most beautiful countenance in the world.” He said making me blush again.
In a few minuets, the waiter came and explained the meal, in French. I couldn’t explain a thing and, he was only talking to me. Apparently Jasper had explained that I was the only one eating! I tried to look intelligent, nodding in the right intervals. He left and Jasper laughed.
“Come on!” I said “I didn’t look like a complete idiot did I?”
“No, no.” he said “I was more laughing at the waiter than you, he was very nervous you know, around you.”
“Impossible.” I said “It must have been you that made him nervous.”
Jasper just shook his head and explained the menu to me.
The waiter came with water and wine. I heard Jasper explain to him that I didn’t drink. The waiter just simply nodded hid head and brought the soup course.
Ever course was delicious; I had never tasted food so good, except maybe when Jasper cooked for me. There were so many courses; I never thought they would end. Jasper would talk to me when I had finished my plate but, when I ate, he was quiet. He appeared to be studying my face.
“So how was everything?” he asked when I had finished my dessert.
“Wonderful.” I said “I wish I could eat like this everyday.”
“In a five star restaurant?”
“With you.”
He smiled. He slowly leaned across the table to lay his hard as marble lips on mine; he softly moved them, teasing mine open. He leaned back. His smile still on but his jaw was stiff.
“Ready to leave?” He asked. I nodded. We stood up from the table and Jasper smoothly handed the waiter a tip after he paid our bill (which I didn’t even want to look at.) The tip must have been good because the man smiled a white-toothed smile and bowed, leaving me flustered and Jasper laughing.
“Will you tell me where we are going now?” I asked
“We’ll be there soon.” He chuckled in a baritone voice.
The car pulled into a large lot at to the front where valets were parking cars. Out of each came a very well dressed lady and man.
“I see why the dress and tux are needed.” I said
“You can boast your Michael La’Beaunt original.” He said “Several of the dresses here are his, yours has his signature.” He pointed to a small diamond sewed into the corset.
We exited the car and Jasper handed the keys and a tip to the valet. We walked into the humongous building. On the walls where door-sized paintings and life-sized sculptures. We were in a French Opera-house.
“Yes!” I squealed, giving Jasper a kiss.
He was momentarily stunned by my response but smiled. “I knew you wanted to go.” He explained. He walked me to the front desk and handed the man two tickets. He handed us back passes that we flashed to the man at the door to the box. There was enough room for six people but, we had it to ourselves.
“This is absolutely wonderful.” I whispered at the chorus of Don Giovanni.
“I’m glad you are enjoying yourself.”
I closed my eyes and listened to the chorus of violins and tried to separate each sound from the others. I was very reluctant to leave when the actors and singer left stage and the orchestra stopped.
“Unbelievable.” I murmured clapping with the rest of the audience.
Jasper kissed me once again making my heart flutter with one look of his burning eyes.
He felt my hand as he lend my through the throngs of well dressed gentleman and ladies. I noticed some of the women’s eyes follow him, even though he as younger than most, but I didn’t care. Tonight on his arm He was mine.